What's new

What type of Narendra Modi supporter are you?

What type of Modi supporter are you?

• Hindu Libertarian

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • The Sanghi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • The Paranoid Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The HDL Warrior

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • The Congress Hater

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • The Modi Bhakt

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
Parsis are good fun man. But off late I am seeing some turning of the more rabid of our Hindu brigade against this gentle community as well. As if their prosperity is somehow at the cost of the nation, ala some evil Jew paradigm. Most distressing to me as a Hindu to be honest.

To be honest BJP governance do give a sense of impunity to that right of right groups to target anyone who is not amongst them. A rich, well doing class becomes an obvious target.

Now having said that, Its not that BJP want this, but few loud mouth assume the same.

Parsis are good fun man. But off late I am seeing some turning of the more rabid of our Hindu brigade against this gentle community as well. As if their prosperity is somehow at the cost of the nation, ala some evil Jew paradigm. Most distressing to me as a Hindu to be honest.

The more rabid hindu brigade are just that....rabid. I mean think of being in Bombay and no Parsi bakeries and cafes. Can you imagine the indecency of that. Perish the thought!

Perhaps you would get shahadat in a bomb blast befre you can get your @$$ back to earth.

Poor me !! :(

But I hope I will return as a lizard to eat you being a cockroach. :lol:

PS: I hope you are not serious dude.

To be honest BJP governance do give a sense of impunity to that right of right groups to target anyone who is not amongst them. A rich, well doing class becomes an obvious target.

Now having said that, Its not that BJP want this, but few loud mouth assume the same.

Its not loudmouths. Its a very rabid fringe to whom anything foreign is bad. And Parsis are quite surprisingly even today mistaken for some type of Muslims by some of them.

Yes the prosperity does not help their insecurity, and oftentimes deep seated inferiority complexes. Many of them belong to the dalit or so-called lower castes/classes, and for them the chip on their shoulder is all encompassing.

To my mind the Parsis are also targets as they do not mingle as a community (not socially) and have very strict communal rules about inter-marrying and other stuff, that to the insecure might come across as being aloof as a community.

But how anyone can question this community's loyalty to the nation is beyond me. As if if tomorrow Iran reverted, all of them would pack up and leave. Beats the crap out of me. As if there was something holding them back by force to our land over a thousand years.

But as they say, que sera sera.

Last edited:
I will not vote in this for now. See, I am a lower middle businessman (middle class by living standard). I pay higher taxes than who have much higher income than me. Yet I get notices for some silly mistakes made in 2008-09 or 07-08. Rs.13000/- miscalculation has gone up to 56000/- and I am now paying it. And I am angry as I did not receive the notice in time (after four years). Unless these kind of things are sorted out and there is fairness in paying taxes, I shall keep voting for the other parties. Though I know none will fix this thing. My only demand "Do not hound the honest tax payers"!!

@Soumitra @Joe Shearer @Guynextdoor2 @Nilgiri

I will not vote in this for now. See, I am a lower middle businessman (middle class by living standard). I pay higher taxes than who have much higher income than me. Yet I get notices for some silly mistakes made in 2008-09 or 07-08. Rs.13000/- miscalculation has gone up to 56000/- and I am now paying it. And I am angry as I did not receive the notice in time (after four years). Unless these kind of things are sorted out and there is fairness in paying taxes, I shall keep voting for the other parties. Though I know none will fix this thing. My only demand "Do not hound the honest tax payers"!!

I feel you. I paid over 6 lacs last financial year. But partly also because I am a procrastinating fool. But yeah, it hurt .....

So you just vote for whoever isnt in power each time? That seems kinda....nvm.

Did you mention this to the national development forum/portal thing?

Also can try calling the ministry directly and complain. I've heard the ministries are more responsive now than before.

Its not loudmouths. Its a very rabid fringe to whom anything foreign is bad. And Parsis are quite surprisingly even today mistaken for some type of Muslims by some of them.

Yes the prosperity does not help their insecurity, and oftentimes deep seated inferiority complexes. Many of them belong to the dalit or so-called lower castes/classes, and for them the chip on their shoulder in all encompassing.

To my mind the Parsis are also targets as they do not mingle as a community and have very strict communal rules about inter-marrying and other stuff, that to the insecure might come across as being aloof as a community.

But how anyone can question this community's loyalty to the nation is beyond me. As if if tomorrow Iran reverted, all of them would pack up and leave. Beats the crap out of me. As if there was something holding them back by force to our land over a thousand years.

But as they say, que sera sera.

Its similar to what we face from likes of kanhaiya (class war) but perhaps a notch higher for parsis for being relatively new to the land.

Not exactly, I have voted for my state party BJD 3 times. This time I will change my vote. But that's for Assembly election. But yes, in National level yes I have changed my vote except, I have give twice consecutive to Mt Vajpayee.

Its similar to what we face from likes of kanhaiya (class war) but perhaps a notch higher for parsis for being relatively new to the land.

Ya, but in the case of Parsis who would know zilch about the different classes and castes etc., I'm sure it would come across as more generic and cause some (even significant) unease.

Not exactly, I have voted for my state party BJD 3 times. This time I will change my vote. But that's for Assembly election. But yes, in National level yes I have changed my vote except, I have give twice consecutive to Mt Vajpayee.

OK I see...state govt has no control over federal income tax, just all the other taxes they do depending on who you are etc. So I guess you are consistent with them for that reason (I heard BJD are competent regional party).

Maybe give this a shot when you have a little time to explore:

https://www.mygov.in/

https://www.mygov.in/group-issue/in...nd-suggestions-tax-policy-and-administration/

At least your voice can get heard compared to before (from what I have heard from others).

Did you mention this to the national development forum/portal thing?

Also can try calling the ministry directly and complain. I've heard the ministries are more responsive now than before.

True, ministries are more responsive now and even tax refunds come back in 15 days. Not the case before- definitely Modi effect.

This is the same with some Indian Muslims - They support the congress party or any other "Secular" party just because they hate the BJP
That will be equally ridiculous. It was never about BJP or Congress, it was about the idea of liking and supporting someone not for his qualities or just for the sake of it but because you hate the other party. Anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Modi, of any other thing, is definitely not an athoritarian. At best, a technocrat. Bureaucrats and seasoned (read power hungry and corrupt) politicians find him athoritarian since he demands tangible results in realistic time frame. He is doing great. He is definitely the best bet and, right now, only choice to lead India to better days. Hate mongers and staunch "Bhakts" alike dont give him due respect.

Look at how he has centralised everything and how all decisions have to be cleared through the PMO. He is due only the respect he earns, and he has earnt precious little.

You must not be proud of terrorists' human rights violations by Modi.

I would be personally grateful if you bugger off.

You know what there is no islamic terror but only hindu terror.

Modi has asked RSS to stop bombing in disguise of muslims.

You know that?

Now you are getting out of line, seriously out of line.

Modi has continued to develop and deliver growth to the country and economy. he emphasizes education of girl child and sanitation and took back yoga. These are extremely great accomplishments of Modi. Like I said I've never had to regret supporting him over the last 3+ years.

& @Joe Shearer is like........................."Et tu Brute?"

Back
Top Bottom