What's new

What stops USA from occupying Pakistan?

Here;

Source: BBC

This is what you are dubbing as pumping. To put it simple, US government has been buying assets to stimulate economic activity. Current forecast indicates that QE is no longer required.

US economic setup is too big and complex for any single person to explain properly. Expenditure related policies continue to change. If Obama has implemented MediCare in to the expenditure; the next administration can terminate it.

Total revenue generation of USA is at 5.1 Trillion USD currently. Total expenditure of USA is at 6.4 trillion USD currently. The fiscal gap can be easily bridged. And very large economies can tolerate fiscal gaps for a long long time.

And I will give you some indicators:

U.S. Manufacturing Grows at Fastest Pace in a Year: Economy - Businessweek

US job creation heralds stronger recovery

And US has no shortage of natural resources that can be exploited for economic purposes. Here is a sign; News Headlines (And this is just OIL.)

So lay off.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The fiscal deficit of the US economy (difference between debts and revenues) is INCREASING dramatically over the years.

94285580.jpg

U.S. Deficit Increased to $1.3T in Fiscal 2011 - Bloomberg

Just to break even, the US would have to have a huge surplus over the next few decades (much more revenue than debts), which is an impossible feat to achieve.

Here is another interesting article about how the US economy is basically bankrupt:

U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don

Pumping in stimulus packages into the US economy is only a band aid, it is not a real recovery, & things are getting worse for the US dollar and economy by the day.

The US will never get rid off food stamps, medicare, medicaid etc (neither the Republicans, nor the Democrats suggest this); & will find it impossible to get the kind of tax hikes needed to break even. The fiscal deficit will continue to increase.

Oh my children----you are so innocent---most of pakistan is flat lands----whereas a lots of afg is mountains----

When the US/NATO (120K) & ANA (250K) troops are finding it hard to defeat the Taliban (40-50K), Haqqani network (15-25K) with their primitive weapons; how will they be able to defeat the Pakistan Army (700K active troops, 700K reserve force), Pakistani population with arms (2000K), as well as insurgent groups in a direct military confrontation (with the added complexity of 120 nuclear warheads, although not a threat to the US, but a threat to US interests)?

While you look at the geographical demographics, you fail to look at the population demographics that are much more willing to fight the US than the Afghans are.

Another baseless assumption from you. US forces were not driven out of the country but were pulled out because their was no need to continue the occupation.

They were "driven out" by the PM of Iraq.

Maliki regime is not a threat to US interests in the region. And it is good that Maliki is seeking to amend its ties with Iran. This does not proves that he is an Iranian stooge.

How Maliki and Iran Outsmarted the U.S. on Troop Withdrawal - IPS ipsnews.net

Iraq rejects US request to maintain bases after troop withdrawal | World news | guardian.co.uk

This kind of resistance accomplishes nothing and neither it damages US military much. US forces will leave Afghanistan at the time of choosing by US administration in the end. They will not be driven out by Taliban. It is not adequate. Resistance can only be adequate if it accomplishes its objectives. Taliban cannot defeat US military and force it out of Afghanistan. And under US umbrella, Taliban cannot defeat Karzai regime and ANA either.

The fact that the Taliban will be coming back to power, & the US will be leaving the region shows the US did not win in Afghanistan.

Now here is another thing; many rich people in Pakistan have dual nationality as well. And if you assume that people living in urban regions are not materialistic then you need to see a Psychologist. I see lot of materialistic people in Lahore and Karachi.

What does this have to do with the topic of the thread?

US can come through Arabian Sea. God!

Why haven't they done that with Iran already?

If America wants, they can occupy you guys in seconds. But they are in a crisis right now.

Asim, the moment you put civilians into the position of militia, you condemn your cities, old, women, and children, to the full military force of the invader per the rules of warfare.

Far more powerful nations than Pakistan have tried to do it and failed.

It then ceases to be one house after the next.

Then cities become fair targets for carpet bombing.

If your populace then runs and disperses into the countryside, it frees up the invader for what he came in for in the first place.

He is not interested in going after your civilians. But if they come in his way, they become military targets.

What are they going to fight back with? AK47s and rocket launchers?

And where are they going to take cover? Mountains and deep forests?

Your educated threats are not going to scare off an invader man. You have a very soft underbelly and you do not have more than kitten claws to scratch back when pinned on your back.

what you are saying is not entirely true.

guirella warfare depends entirely on the guirella army being able to get sustenance from illages and other such places without such places being razed to the ground or carpet bombed.

look at vietnam as an example. the US did not just carpet bomb everyone. that would have been a PR disaster of proportions similar to the nazi concentration camps.

the fighters dont have to hide themselves. they just need to look like part of the crowd. they just need to hide their weapons when the occupier comes in force and when the oppurtunity arises, bleed the enemy. attacks against civillians are not acceptable in today's world even if they are sheltering the fighters. and what better place to hide an elephant than in a herd of elephants?

Something my father and the indian army learnt in Sri Lanka was " Even a 5 year old can plant a bomb."

sounds wrong but its true. 5 year olds who no one ever suspects and nobody would try to hurt would actually come up to indian soldiers and keep mines or bombs next to where they were standing guard. a while later the guard wud step on the mine or the bomb would be set off from a distance.

my point is not that children should be used as soldiers. my point is that even in such situations you can not shoot the civilian.
unless you intend to burn the cities, enslave the population and salt the lands like the romans did to the carthagians, an insurgence can ensue in any country and it can bleed you a lot.

what you are saying is not entirely true.

guirella warfare depends entirely on the guirella army being able to get sustenance from illages and other such places without such places being razed to the ground or carpet bombed.

look at vietnam as an example. the US did not just carpet bomb everyone. that would have been a PR disaster of proportions similar to the nazi concentration camps.

the fighters dont have to hide themselves. they just need to look like part of the crowd. they just need to hide their weapons when the occupier comes in force and when the oppurtunity arises, bleed the enemy. attacks against civillians are not acceptable in today's world even if they are sheltering the fighters. and what better place to hide an elephant than in a herd of elephants?

Something my father and the indian army learnt in Sri Lanka was " Even a 5 year old can plant a bomb."

sounds wrong but its true. 5 year olds who no one ever suspects and nobody would try to hurt would actually come up to indian soldiers and keep mines or bombs next to where they were standing guard. a while later the guard wud step on the mine or the bomb would be set off from a distance.

my point is not that children should be used as soldiers. my point is that even in such situations you can not shoot the civilian.
unless you intend to burn the cities, enslave the population and salt the lands like the romans did to the carthagians, an insurgence can ensue in any country and it can bleed you a lot.

The Civilian population will bear the brunt of the casualties like they did in Iraq.

US military casualties have always been lower than Iraqi civilian and Iraqi resistance.

If America wants, they can occupy you guys in seconds. But they are in a crisis right now.

You have indirectly admitted that the US is unable to ocupy Pakistan because of crisis. It does not matter what is preventing the US from occupying Pakistan. It may be the economic crisis or it may be the fear of starting a world war or it may be the combination of both. The fact is the US is unable to occupy Pakistan at the moment and in the end that is what really counts.

:welcome:
US stooges in the government will be ousted shortly.
can you tell me how i like to know.

who will save third world country like Pakistan. Pakistan nukes can't reach our homeland. our nukes can easily reach you . think about it

:welcome: can you tell me how i like to know.

who will save third world country like Pakistan. Pakistan nukes can't reach our homeland. our nukes can easily reach you . think about it
Let's not talk like that.

:welcome: can you tell me how i like to know.

I would hope it wouldn't have to get to that point, but your assests in the region could easily be targeted by Pakistan.

Pakistani awaam.

Every living soul will fire upon any occupation force. When the troops will go out to patrol the streets, there will be a cross-hair on them from every window.

Pakistani awaam.

Every living soul will fire upon any occupation force. When the troops will go out to patrol the streets, there will be a cross-hair on them from every window.

All Pakiatanis want is to retain their sovereignty. If this is threatened then I cannot disagree with your statement.

"How can you defeat an enemy who looks into the barrel of your gun and sees paradise."
-Russian General regarding Chechan mujahideen
Like i said muslims have a different view on the REAL jihad.(not the extremist type jihad)
Well ask them...because they did.

All Pakiatanis want is to retain their sovereignty. If this is threatened then I cannot disagree with your statement.
Hope they can shoot down MLRS munitions with those rifles...

Why would we want Pakistan in the first place? Think of one thing we would get out of it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom