Country
Pakistan
What percentage of pilots in these air force are of Pakistani origin:

Kuwait = ?
Bahrain = ?
Saudi Arabia = ?
Qatar = ?
UAE = ?

You have asked a very stupid question. No offence!

If the percentage is high then:
1) An introduction of a Russian plane in Pakistan is bound to have an impact in the middle east also.
2) Unit price of a SU-35 is 3-4 times less than a Rafale, Eurofighter - lets not even talk about the f-22/f-35. At some point folks in the middle east and Pakistan will question what exactly they are paying for?

Pakistan has no beef what so ever with Iran and going forward its strategic interests lie in having very good relations with Iran.

2) There is a serious real estate problem between Iran and the Gulf states (UAE, Bahrain). It is almost certain now that Iran will be getting lots of Russian goodies. If the percentage is high, and the situation in the gulf heats up, these Pakistani pilots will face a difficult situation.

What percentage of pilots in these air force are of Pakistani origin:

Kuwait = ?
Bahrain = ?
Saudi Arabia = ?
Qatar = ?
UAE = ?

Why do u ask?

Overall not just airforce including intelligence communities:

Almost 70% in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan.

almost 90% in Bahrain & Qatar, n 40% Kuwait, Oman, 20% Lebanon & Egypt

Why do u ask?

Overall not just airforce including intelligence communities:

Almost 70% in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan.

almost 90% in Bahrain & Qatar, n 40% Kuwait, Oman, 20% Lebanon & Egypt

Thanks. Wow that is a big number! Why I ask? They are talking about sending forces into Syria (The GCC + Turkey). Plus there is action in Yemen. Busy times for these folks ahead.

Can I ask the reason, why its solid zero?Just curious if discrimination is the reason?
Nothing to do with discrimination. It's 100% Emarati now. We still have Pakistani instructors, who outnumber any other foreign nationality and are very well respected.

well sir if i am not wrong,emirati's just asked PAF to train UAEAF for their newer F-16's and for the Saudis there equipment is alot different from ours so no training required for them.
No. The Fighter conversion training was done in the US, when we first acquired the F-16's, now it's done here in the UAE. Maybe joint exercises are being planned that I don't know of.

Military service is for citizens of that country and it is highly sensitive job. Almost no nation employs a foreign national in military that too on job as critical as a pilot. However friendly countries exchange military personnel to strengthen relations and learn from each other's experience. It is a common practice and does not indicate anyone's superiority over the other. This practice benefits both nations. Military alliances like NATO also like to train together to enhance coordination and standardised their training and tactics. This may entail posting personnel to each other's military for a certain period.

I am sick of this mentality that Gulf nations are dependent on Pakistan militarily and can not do it on their own. Those are damn professional forces and in a conventional conflict are more than capable to defend their respective nations. But as it so happens, Insurgency, proxies and terrorism are fashion of the day. Any military in these conditions would face difficulties and take time to adapt. Insurgency and proxies are hard to fight and take several years to subdue. We more than anyone should know this.
Can I ask the reason, why its solid zero?Just curious if discrimination is the reason?

well sir if i am not wrong,emirati's just asked PAF to train UAEAF for their newer F-16's and for the Saudis there equipment is alot different from ours so no training required for them.

If the percentage is high then:
1) An introduction of a Russian plane in Pakistan is bound to have an impact in the middle east also.
2) Unit price of a SU-35 is 3-4 times less than a Rafale, Eurofighter - lets not even talk about the f-22/f-35. At some point folks in the middle east and Pakistan will question what exactly they are paying for?

Pakistan has no beef what so ever with Iran and going forward its strategic interests lie in having very good relations with Iran.

2) There is a serious real estate problem between Iran and the Gulf states (UAE, Bahrain). It is almost certain now that Iran will be getting lots of Russian goodies. If the percentage is high, and the situation in the gulf heats up, these Pakistani pilots will face a difficult situation.

I am not sure about sale of SU-35 to GCC states but there are considerable number of pilots of Pakistani origin in GCC which means that Pakistanis would be fighting the Russians in Syria. Pakistan may not have joined the coalition by sending their fighters but they joined the war indirectly. That was the most important thing that Saudis cared about.

Nothing to do with discrimination. It's 100% Emarati now. We still have Pakistani instructors, who outnumber any other foreign nationality and are very well respected.

No. The Fighter conversion training was done in the US, when we first acquired the F-16's, now it's done here in the UAE. Maybe joint exercises are being planned that I don't know of.
well in the deal of UAEAF 16's B-60,training was also included and the tender for 200 pilots were given to PAF if i am not wrong what happened next of that i do not know,was the training(by PAF ofc) ditched because of the sanctions imposed on Pak because of Nuclear Weapons?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom