What's new

What percent of indians are vegetarians?

Vikki

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
IMG-20200803-WA0000.jpg

Punjab is a revelation to me..thought sikhs are majority non veg...just a quick google search told me 75 percent sikhs in punjab are veg...interesting given the history of muslim rule it had.

Image is wrong
upload_2020-8-3_10-56-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-3_10-56-41.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-3_10-56-41.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 14
Though I don't believe in caste but for studies purposes let me tell you that all high class hindu brahmins, gujarati, marwaris are vegetarian.....

Lower caste hindu are non vegetarian but roots for this reason lays back in long long history......

Then Muslim, catholic, parsi add to the list of non vegetarian eaters.....

So overall I can say that almost 50% of India is vegetarian and this number is going to grow in future as vegetarianism and YOGA is a growing trend among young Indians.....

So are you saying only 29% are vegetarian? 70 percent consume meat products?? Yet only Muslims are lynched and killed for carrying beaf.

So the hatred is towards one particular religious minority.

Though I don't believe in caste but for studies purposes let me tell you that all high class hindu brahmins, gujarati, marwaris are vegetarian.....

Lower caste hindu are non vegetarian but roots for this reason lays back in long long history......

Then Muslim, catholic, parsi add to the list of non vegetarian eaters.....

So overall I can say that almost 50% of India is vegetarian and this number is going to grow in future as vegetarianism and YOGA is a growing trend among young Indians.....
All high caste hindus except brahmins and vyshyas eat non veg in south india...see the map again...south india has just 1 to 2 percent of vegetarians except for karnataka

So are you saying only 29% are vegetarian? 70 percent consume meat products?? Yet only Muslims are lynched and killed for carrying beaf.

So the hatred is towards one particular religious minority.
Hindus dont eat beef..only chicken,mutton fish,crab and prawns

Its really great great to see that Jammu & Kashmir inspite of having Muslim majority have high percentage of vegetarians....wow just wow.....

Yes they are SPOILED hindus who eat non veg food.... but it has long history why they turned non vegetarians..... originally NO HINDU I repeat NO HINDU was and is a non vegetarian.....

All high caste hindus except brahmins and vyshyas eat non veg in south india...see the map again...south india has just 1 to 2 percent of vegetarians except for karnataka

long history behind they turned non vegetarian.... no hindu is original non vegetarian like Catholics....

Chicken, fish, crab are meat. If Hindus eat them, it means Hindus is not vegetarian, they just dont eat beef, their sacred animal.

There are many class in it.
29% are pure veg, they never eat meat. (Including me)
Then there are many who are eggitarian. They consume only egg as non veg.(relatively low)
Then there are who consume meat, but rarely, say once or twice in few months.
Then there are who are more frequent and consume meat twice or thrice in a month.

Daily meat eater do not account for very large population, they are mainly on coastal area and consume fish mainly in day to day life.

Chicken, fish, crab are meat. If Hindus eat them, it means Hindus is not vegetarian, they just dont eat beef, their sacred animal.

You are absolutely right bro.... even if they only eat egg then also in my eyes they are non vegetarian.... but no Hindu is and was non vegetarian originally....british and muslim rules on this country tuned some percentage to non vegetarian.... they are never original meat eaters like muslims, catholics etc....

I don't know a single Indian who is vegetarian. Total mansahari.
Many of them eat beef as well.

Back
Top Bottom