What's new

What kind of global power will China be?

- North Korea
- ROK
- Japan
- Vietnam
- India
lol, it is normal. They will pay for their mistakes. Whenever an empire is rising, it will meet obstacles. Time will tell

At least we have future, Indians are hopeless, it is used by US and soon the US will come back to kiss our ***

If China keep rising like current trend to a certain scale, sooner or later all those bordering countries will have to switch position to become her allies. So, there are only two choices now to countries like Korea --- either to hinder/interrupt China's rise or prepare to become a subsidiary ally --- sooner or later.

If China keep rising like current trend to a certain scale, sooner or later all those bordering countries will have to switch position to become her allies. So, there are only two choices now to countries like Korea --- either to hinder/interrupt China's rise or prepare to become a subsidiary ally --- sooner or later.

Dear Carpliiiii, how old are you? Junior high? Great! China is being bullied by the US, either you succeed or we kick your a-s...

A global power that act as a stabilizer of its own backyard i.e whole of Asia. And contributes to the economic development of asian countries which will increase its soft power & secure its economic interest throughout the region. Chinese R already doing that anyway & by keeping this up they R well on their way to becoming a great power. :)

really,look at the British empire and United states,how many times their empire expanded during the heydays of their power,Britian during the peak of its might conquered one third of the world and enslaved millions of Africans and Indians.US expanded from 13 states to 50 states in a relative short span of time.compare to other world powers China during the whole history is a very benign and an inward looking power.

Erm no, China did not start at its current size, and hasn't been for most of its history. All I can say is you are completely wrong and/or have been taught wrong information.

China has repeatedly invaded its periphery, had an almost racist view of the rest of the world (except instead of race it was all about China and the 'barbarians'), and has slaughtered or forcibly integrated all the inhabitants of the territories which it inhabits today outside of a smaller region that has been Chinese since antiquity. It is still doing so today in Tibet and Xinjiang.

Your idea that China is a benign and inward looking power is a national myth with no basis in history.

The points where China had not invaded those around it are the points where China had collapsed into multiple competing states and chaos reigned.

Erm no, China did not start at its current size, and hasn't been for most of its history. All I can say is you are completely wrong and/or have been taught wrong information.

China has repeatedly invaded its periphery, had an almost racist view of the rest of the world (except instead of race it was all about China and the 'barbarians'), and has slaughtered or forcibly integrated all the inhabitants of the territories which it inhabits today outside of a smaller region that has been Chinese since antiquity. It is still doing so today in Tibet and Xinjiang.

Your idea that China is a benign and inward looking power is a national myth with no basis in history.

The points where China had not invaded those around it are the points where China had collapsed into multiple competing states and chaos reigned.

Are you from Mars?

When a power becomes greater, its influence expands naturally. What we did and what we are doing now is no worse than you Americans. Just accept the fact and keep balancing all the interests dynamically, I think we'd like to cooperate with others base on a sense of common interest. If anyone still want to suppress China and her influence with the dream of her collapsing, the current balance will soon break into an international chaos, and the result will be hard to predict when it comes to another balance.

21st century is an era of economy prosperity, development and quality of life. A country that can fulfilled all of this will gain respect.

Actually by doing good domestically, China can became a global power by itself. In many parts, China already impressed the whole world and gain respect.

Except some parts that I already mentioned multiple times, which is completely abandoned communism and completely embrace Confucianism-Buddhism and became a true East Asian power. China also need to improve people income, public welfare and grassroots democracy.

21st century is an era of economy prosperity, development and quality of life. A country that can fulfilled all of this will gain respect.

Actually by doing good domestically, China can became a global power by itself. In many parts, China already impressed the whole world and gain respect.

Except some parts that I already mentioned multiple times, which is completely abandoned communism and completely embrace Confucianism-Buddhism and became a true East Asian power. China also need to improve people income, public welfare and grassroots democracy.
Communism give us strength,even we had abandoned that,we won't become a Confuciansm-Buddhism country,We aren't Confucianist and Buddhist,These things make people like a bunch of sheeps,make us to be food of those war-like and heroic wolfs like those mongols and manchus .
You can't expect china become a country/place like coward taiwan.taiwan were always be a place that be colonized by all its neighbors.Its people were always be masscared by others.Today taiwan has its american papa to protect itself and proud for that.But It's still get bullied by vietnam.With this kind of southeastern asian coward mentality we could never took back those islands.

When a power becomes greater, its influence expands naturally. What we did and what we are doing now is no worse than you Americans. Just accept the fact and keep balancing all the interests dynamically, I think we'd like to cooperate with others base on a sense of common interest. If anyone still want to suppress China and her influence with the dream of her collapsing, the current balance will soon break into an international chaos, and the result will be hard to predict when it comes to another balance.

I never said your history was worse, but neither is your history better. Your country's present actions have so far not shown much mature growth from your past though, while the US has outgrown the phase of imperialist territorial aquisition

I never said your history was worse, but neither is your history better. Your country's present actions have so far not shown much mature growth from your past though, while the US has outgrown the phase of imperialist territorial aquisition

That's because there's no more territorial acquisition for US left, if they were to make Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya another US state the international community would be condemning the US for imperialism/colonialism. All the US does is bomb some countries in the Middle East back to stone age and their agenda is accomplished.

The reasons some political leaders think US had for involving in Libya
2011 military intervention in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The disputes China is having with its neighbors have been going on for a while and has nothing to do with growing mature. If bombing countries for their own agenda without making them into a colony is called mature then i guess US is probably the only country who is mature.

Merchants selling consumer goods do not become global power.

They only have cash, which others take away. That is not super power status.

All that infrastructural progress is worthless, if it is designed facilitate more consumer goods, get more cash and deposit it in American And European banks.

Few missiles and planes copied here and there are not going to make any country a super power.

I see, basically you treat what we have but you don't as worthless. Why wouldn't you make another list of what you have but we don't and claim that makes a super power? That would be more interesting I think.
Merchants selling consumer goods do not become global power.

They only have cash, which others take away. That is not super power status.

All that infrastructural progress is worthless, if it is designed facilitate more consumer goods, get more cash and deposit it in American And European banks.

Few missiles and planes copied here and there are not going to make any country a super power.

Glad to know that "Knights of Tang", begin to see the futility of China calling itself a super power

Back
Top Bottom