What is the price for Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuvarnaTeja

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar are considered one of the most sacred places for the Hindus.

What is the price, if any, for which China will be willing to give these to India? How about 100 billion dollars?

@tower9 @rott @MH.Yang @Beast @Globenim @Char @vi-va @lonelyman @Dungeness @K_Bin_W @Nan Yang @nang2
Depends on what the deal is, if the deal is about money, you can forget about Mt. Kailash. If you want to swap lands, then that might carry some weight. This depends on our Government.
Perhaps swap some land with Mt. Kailash in it with Ladhak or South Tibet (Arunachal)

How much monetary price India is willing to accept to vacate the illegally Indian-occupied Kashmir ?

Depends on what the deal is, if the deal is about money, you can forget about Mt. Kailash. If you want to swap lands, then that might carry some weight. This depends on our Government.
Perhaps swap some land with Mt. Kailash in it with Ladhak or South Tibet (Arunachal)

I am very positive that India would be ready to swap huge amounts of land in Ladakh for Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar.
What about monetary price India will pay to vacate illegally Indian-occupied Kashmir ?

I say $200 billion for the entire valley excluding Jammu and Kargil. May be another $200 Billion if you want Kargil too.

Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar are considered one of the most sacred places for the Hindus.

What is the price, if any, for which China will be willing to give these to India? How about 100 billion dollars?

@tower9 @rott @MH.Yang @Beast @Globenim @Char @vi-va @lonelyman @Dungeness @K_Bin_W @Nan Yang @nang2
We Chinese want everything india owe us and not giving anything. :enjoy:

Btw, these Sacre mountain is dear to tibetan too. You need to ask tibetan first.

Just like Korea want changbaishan as their Sacre mountain but the manchu treat that mountain as their birth place too. So China can't anyhow give it away.

This is also the sacred mountain of Chinese Tibetans. It is impossible for China to agree to exchange it for any territory. However, the Indian govt can try to reach an agreement with the Chinese govt to allow Hindus to freely enter the region for pilgrimage. The Chinese govt usually doesn't mind such things.

Don't be kidding. Exchange the holy mountain for the desolate Ladakh?
And southern Tibet, which has a population of more than 1 million. The public opinion there does not support the PRC rule. Now even if we obtain southern Tibet, we can only make it independent. The issue of southern Tibet will be discussed future, and it can not be used to exchange sacred mountains.

Last edited:
We Chinese want everything india owe us and not giving anything. :enjoy:

Btw, these Sacre mountain is dear to tibetan too. You need to ask tibetan first.

Just like Korea want changbaishan as their Sacre mountain but the manchu treat that mountain as their birth place too. So China can't anyhow give it away.

This is also the sacred mountain of Chinese Tibetans. It is impossible for China to agree to exchange it for any territory. However, the Indian govt can try to reach an agreement with the Chinese govt to allow Hindus to freely enter the region for pilgrimage. The Chinese govt usually doesn't mind such things.

But for Hindus it is not just sacred but the abode of the god (lord Shiva himself). So it is much more important for Hindus than others. Also Tibetans in India and China can continue to visit these places.

But for Hindus it is not just sacred but the abode of the god (lord Shiva himself). So it is much more important for Hindus than others. Also Tibetans in India and China can continue to visit these places.

It can reference resources to the sacred mountain of Korean and Manchu (Changbai Mountain). China allows Indians to enter the region freely to visit Shenshan, but the sovereignty belongs to China.

It can reference resources to the sacred mountain of Korean and Manchu (Changbai Mountain). China allows Indians to enter the region freely to visit Shenshan, but the sovereignty belongs to China.

No Indian politician will accept Tibet as part of China as long as Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar are not given to India. I am very certain on this. India may compromise on Ladakh or other places but never on these two places. This is like giving up ones religion. Chinese being atheist will not understand how important religion is for the Hindus.

Don't be kidding. Exchange the holy mountain for the desolate Ladakh?
And southern Tibet, which has a population of more than 1 million. The public opinion there does not support the PRC rule. Now even if we obtain southern Tibet, we can only make it independent. The issue of southern Tibet will be discussed future, and it can not be used to exchange sacred mountains.
Maybe support for PRC rule isn't mandatory,the people there in Arunachal aren't any more fond of India than they are toward China. Whatever offers better life and opportunity for them I guess.The people there aren't like the HK rioters. I'm personally not fond of Arunachali or any Tibetan for that matter. The people in North East States are more pragmatic compared to mainland, bar Assam & Tripura where immigrants are the majority. My ethnic community's state Manipur represents 1 of the 8 Lt. Generals of Indian army Konsam. H ,the state has strong representation in Indian military too,but the civilians are not at all fanatic in China hate,they see as a rival power,that's all, people simply do their defence job with dignity for which they are employed by GOI. The thought process is completely different than the mainland in those parts . I think similar attitude is prevalent all across Nagaland & Mizoram.Not saying any of them would want to join China,for all of them preserving the ethnic protection is priority,they least has laws regarding their indigenous land right and entry laws like ILP . It's about one's soft-power appeal vs the preference for ethnic-centered self-governance,I think the latter has greater pull in general.The people are completely different than China haters in HK/TAIWAN.As long as the locals aren't threatened by foreign immigrants they are satisfied to a great degree.

Last edited:
Maybe support for PRC rule isn't mandatory,the people there in Arunachal aren't anymore fond of India than they are toward China.Whatever offers better life and opportunity for them I guess.The people there aren't like the HK rioters. I'm personally not fond of Arunachali or any Tibetan for that matter. The people in North East States are more pragmatic compared to mainland, bar Assam & Tripura where immigrants are majority. Manipur represents 1 of the 8 Lt. Generals of Indian army
Konsam. H ,the state has strong representation in Indian military too,but the civilians are not at all fanatic in China hate, people simply do their defence job with dignity for which they are employed by GOI. The thought process is completely different than the mainland in those parts . I think similar attitude is prevalent all across Nagaland & Mizoram.Not saying any of them would want to join China. It's about one's soft-power appeal vs the preference for ethnic-centered self-governance,I think the latter has greater pull in general.

I think for people from North East, China is a better option both economically and culturally speaking. We South Indians are also very different to North Indians but at least we have some commonality of culture and language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom