What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the attitude I don't like about Indians. I'm not condescending here,I'm being very sincere here; but how can you say your country is improving day by day, when 100 million more Indians have gone below the poverty line since 2004, in the era of economic development that is!!! You need to address these issues, you can say this isn't my concern, & yes, it isn't mine it's yours. But I'm surprised it isn't yours. Would you want New Delhi to prosper at the expense of the whole country, at the expense of the common man? If your answer is yes, then you love New Delhi my friend, not India. I wish you & India all the best in the future. Hope things actually do improve for the common man. But for that, changes will have to be made. This "development" in "India" will just push more & more Indians below the poverty line.

Welcome to India.... and Experience the change that is India...this thread answers you the best...

[video]http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/28463-india-developing-but-still-long-way-go-114.html#post1566584[/video]

Sheer numbers don't do justice. Its the relative numbers that speak the true story. India and Pakistan both are recovering and the number of poor people is decreasing.

Poverty in India
BPL_Data_GOI.png

Poverty in Pakistan

Trends_in_Poverty_-_1999_to_2008.jpg

Pakistan's poverty in 2008: 17.2%

India's poverty in 2000: 26.1% (from the graph)

India's poverty in 2004: 27.5% (from the link)

India's poverty in 2010 (after the economic boom): 37.2% (from the link)

Pakistan's poverty has gone down, India's poverty has gone up. India's poverty rate is twice of that of Pakistan.

100 million more Indians now living in poverty - The Economic Times

Welcome to India.... and Experience the change that is India...this thread answers you the best...

[video]http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/28463-india-developing-but-still-long-way-go-114.html#post1566584[/video]

The problem is, India isn't really developing, is it, if 100 million more Indians have gone below the poverty line in an age of "development". Build all the high rises, metros etc you want; but if more & more people are falling below the poverty line, I would say that India is really falling behind. Look at Post # 861 to get an India of what I mean. In times of Pakistan's growth (Musharraf era), look at how much poverty was decreased. Now compare India's economic boom from 2004 to 2010, 100 million people have gone below the poverty line; & the poverty rate has increased from 27.5% to 37.2%. If this is what is meant by development, I think Indians should think of doing the opposite.

If you want to make high rises, shopping malls, metros in Delhi at the sake of the whole country & the common man & other regions of the country; you aren't doing a service to India, you are doing a huge disservice. No offense, these are my sincere comments to you. Don't ignore them just because they are coming from a Pakistani. I wish India all the best for its challenge of poverty reduction.

The problem is, India isn't really developing, is it, if 100 million more Indians have gone below the poverty line in an age of "development". Build all the high rises, metros etc you want; but if more & more people are falling below the poverty line, I would say that India is really falling behind. Look at Post # 861 to get an India of what I mean. In times of Pakistan's growth (Musharraf era), look at how much poverty was decreased. Now compare India's economic boom from 2004 to 2010, 100 million people have gone below the poverty line; & the poverty rate has increased from 27.5% to 37.2%. If this is what is meant by development, I think Indians should think of doing the opposite.

If you want to make high rises, shopping malls, metros in Delhi at the sake of the whole country & the common man & other regions of the country; you aren't doing a service to India, you are doing a huge disservice. No offense, these are my sincere comments to you. Don't ignore them just because they are coming from a Pakistani. I wish India all the best for its challenge of poverty reduction.

Wowow , Wait dude, take a chill pill... are we stooping to such a low degree that a a nation listed in top 10 failed nations list is advising us of how to tame the public?? It hurts when we are advised by people who themselves are helpless... Seriously...now to the topic, Maharashtra by itself has more GDP than the entire Pakistan,Dharavi Asia's larges slum is present there, if People in slums can be productive why cannot you first class citizens living in pakistan?? And Read more on "Indira Awas yojana" and How many Million Homes have been built for the People BPL under that, and how many people are added to Middle class every Year by Indian Govt...Don't ignore them just because they are coming from an Indian,I wish Pakistan all the best for its challenge against Failed nation tag

well i appreciate u... 4 healthy contribution....
unlike other Pakistani brothers...... [trolling n only trolling can't digest even in a single success in xyz field and inappropriate lang.]

at one thing i can agree with.... laziness n incompetency of GOI...
our policymaker n law makers really sucks.....
1)no control over population... [real cause of such mess]
2)action against corruptions...
n few more..

despite these things, i think our younger generation will change the whole scenario in coming decades....
but it will take time.....[bcz democracy is strength as well as weakness of India.]

Wowow , Wait dude, take a chill pill... are we stooping to such a low degree that a a nation listed in top 10 failed nations list is advising us of how to tame the public?? It hurts when we are advised by people who themselves are helpless... Seriously...now to the topic, Maharashtra by itself has more GDP than the entire Pakistan,Dharavi Asia's larges slum is present there, if People in slums can be productive why cannot you first class citizens living in pakistan?? And Read more on "Indira Awas yojana" and How many Million Homes have been built for the People BPL under that, and how many people are added to Middle class every Year by Indian Govt...Don't ignore them just because they are coming from an Indian,I wish Pakistan all the best for its challenge against Failed nation tag

Why do you get so defensive about your "national development"? Clearly, you couldn't address the issue without bringing Pakistan into it. I don't think Pakistan should be taking advice from a country which has more people living under poverty than all of Africa combined. The population of Maharashtra itself is 100 million people, which isn't too far off from Pakistan's population. And the performance of other states in India just brings states like Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Punjab way way down. If by productive you mean having almost 2 out of every 5 people living below the poverty line, then I think no one would want to be as productive & developed as Maharashtra. Clearly, this "whole booming development" has gone so far down your head, you just seem to have forgotten about the realities all this development has really brought. So please, spare the lectures, & realize it's very hard for you to be self-critical, but you should give it a try sometime. If Pakistan had to put every 2 of its 5 citizens below the poverty line to get a 'developing booming economy' status, it would keep the 'Failed State' tag every time.

Why do you get so defensive about your "national development"? Clearly, you couldn't address the issue without bringing Pakistan into it. I don't think Pakistan should be taking advice from a country which has more people living under poverty than all of Africa combined. The population of Maharashtra itself is 100 million people, which isn't too far off from Pakistan's population. And the performance of other states in India just brings states like Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Punjab way way down. If by productive you mean having almost 2 out of every 5 people living below the poverty line, then I think no one would want to be as productive & developed like Maharashtra. Clearly, this "whole booming development" has gone so far down your head, you just seem to have forgotten about the realities all this development has really brought. So please, spare the lectures, & realize it's very hard for you to be self-critical, but you should give it a try sometime. If Pakistan had to put every 2 of its 5 citizens below the poverty line to get a 'developing booming economy' status, it would keep the 'Failed State' tag every time.

But where does our country stand in terms of Yours?? what have you achieved, you are clinging on to poverty thing of India. India is developing rapidly, Ok Dont take advise from me, and certainly I dont take Yours but I do have an advise for you from a 3rd party which includes most of the developed world and Your facts are out dated and Are no more the present situation... I agree there are many poor Indians but not to an extent you think, we are not failed, we are tagged the future power...See what the world have to say, and do you still think we need to believe what a person whose nation by itself is struggling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you get so defensive about your "national development"? Clearly, you couldn't address the issue without bringing Pakistan into it. I don't think Pakistan should be taking advice from a country which has more people living under poverty than all of Africa combined. The population of Maharashtra itself is 100 million people, which isn't too far off from Pakistan's population. And the performance of other states in India just brings states like Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Punjab way way down. If by productive you mean having almost 2 out of every 5 people living below the poverty line, then I think no one would want to be as productive & developed as Maharashtra. Clearly, this "whole booming development" has gone so far down your head, you just seem to have forgotten about the realities all this development has really brought. So please, spare the lectures, & realize it's very hard for you to be self-critical, but you should give it a try sometime. If Pakistan had to put every 2 of its 5 citizens below the poverty line to get a 'developing booming economy' status, it would keep the 'Failed State' tag every time.

now u also behaving like others....

see post#866 happy now.
:wave:

But where does our country stand in terms of Yours?? what have you achieved, you are clinging on to poverty thing of India. India is developing rapidly, Ok Dont take advise from me, and certainly I dont take Yours but I do have an advise for you from a 3rd party which includes most of the developed world and Your facts are out dated and Are no more the present situation... I agree there are many poor Indians but not to an extent you thing, we are not failed, we are tagged the future power...See what the world have to stay, and do you still think we need to believe what a person whose nation by itself is struggling?

Fine, Pakistan is a failed state while India is the best developing economy & country in the world. Happy? Don't do anything to reduce your poverty, only increase it in the name of "development". Keep up your good work at making things worse for the common man, in the name of "development". I hope you are happy with your "personal" development when more & more people live in worse conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this guy thinks Pakistan is a part of China .

Failed state will teach us wht to do and wht not to .

Pakistan has got almost 11 billion$ in aids only from USA in the last decade .

India is tipped as the future power to counter China and
Pakistan is tipped as failed state .

Fine, Pakistan is a failed state while India is the best developing economy & country in the world. Happy? Don't do anything to reduce your poverty, only increase it in the name of "development". Keep up your good work at making things worse for the common man, in the name of "development". I hope you are happy with your "personal" development when more & more people live in worse conditions.

What do you mean by not doing anything on poverty, please dont say that development compliments poverty.... :lol:. Please I live in an Island, my forefathers where fishermen, and I know what poverty is and what it is to be when there is scarcity in food....

now u also behaving like others....

see post#866 happy now.
:wave:

Listen, I appreciate what India has done. I appreciate its democracy, its diversity. I have family in India, I'm ethnic Bihari. My mother came from India & moved to Pakistan when she married my dad (she grew up in India), my father moved to Pakistan when he was 3 in 1947. I would love nothing more than for India to succeed, & obviously Pakistan as well.

However, I do not appreciate the increasing corruption in a economically booming country. I do not appreciate the fact that more people are living in worse conditions now, & this development only favors a few people. My family comes from a very modest background in Bihar, we weren't rich businessmen from Delhi or Bombay or Ahmedabad, we lived very simple & austere lives. I wish for the people of Bihar & UP to do well, because that is where my family is from. I just wish all this wealth gets filtered out better. But people like AMCA have no tolerance for other people's viewpoints. Peace.

Listen, I appreciate what India has done. I appreciate its democracy, its diversity. I have family in India, I'm ethnic Bihari. My mother came from India when she married my dad in Pakistan, my father moved to Pakistan when he was 3 in 1947. I would love nothing more than India to succeed.

However, I do not appreciate the increasing corruption in a economically booming country. I do not appreciate the fact that more people are living in worse conditions now, & this development only favors a few people. My family comes from a very modest background in Bihar, we weren't rich businessmen from Delhi or Bombay or Ahmedabad, we lived very simple & austere lives. I wish for the people of Bihar & UP to do well, because that is where my family is from. I just wish all this wealth gets filtered out better. But people like AMCA have no tolerance for other people's viewpoints. Peace.

Bilal if that is your real intention then I respect it, But You see, There are many from your nation who criticize us for poverty even without looking at there own backyard,If your intentions are clean, accept my apologies....

I think this guy thinks Pakistan is a part of China .

Failed state will teach us wht to do and wht not to .

Pakistan has got almost 11 billion$ in aids only from USA in the last decade .

India is tipped as the future power to counter China and
Pakistan is tipped as failed state .

India gets more foreign aid than any developing country of the world. India has a much much higher debt than Pakistan. Feel free to whatever you want, China is getting more & more people out of poverty line, you are putting more & more in with your development. But please, feel free to believe whatever you want. I didn't want to make this about India vs Pakistan, I agree with you, Pakistan is a failed state & the worst country in the world; India is clearly the most developed & the best country of the world. Happy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom