What's new

What is India's true goal in Balochistan long-term?

Wow, I didn't know RAW was so effective in using 40K USD, but all this happened when the Ghani regime was in power. All the Indian consulates in Afghanistan have now been shut down , so how does India now provide material support ?
Don't derail the thread this isn't about how or to what extent

That's the issue here, Pakistan cannot afford to surrender its nuclear weapons or that essentially signs its own death warrant.
People talk about nuclear deterance but what is funny is that in South Asia, none of the countries that do not possess nuclear weapons have been involved in recent history. India's most tense borders are those with its nuclear armed neighbours. Even though there is also territorial disputes with a country like Bangladesh, for example, the border is relatively peaceful.

Don’t give Indians so much credit. They only exploit fissures our failures of governance allow to be opened in our own society.

if we fully fence the Afghan and Iranian borders and then internal failures of governance will become even more clear, which is probably why it is always stuck at “90%”.

In my opinion, the Indian game plan with Balochistan primarily is to keep an insurgency sustained for as long as possible with the goal of destablising and preventing any prospect of economic development, infrastructural development, FDI and internal investment, bad reputation, and no peace. You can't even safely play cricket without the risk of terrorism being brought up. Pakistan is essentially being strangled by India, and struggling to fight its way out.

Anything more than the above, like seccession, to them I think is simply a bonus but not a primary goal, to genuinely break it would require more severe efforts in other domains. For example they have begun trying to raise it to a diplomatic and social level given the recent documentaries which could point towards this.

We must admit they have been very successful with the above. Because they have actual functioning national instituions with competent, skilled, qualified and loyal individuals. They prioritise meritocracy with a strong system of accountability.

One method to achieve their seccessionist goals is to incite a nation-wide civil war, then India initates a war against the army, whole of Pakistan would cease to exist at the end of it. The only real thing which prevents this from happening is the existence of our nuclear weapons arsenal, I think India will 100% try to denuclearise Pakistan if it seeks to do this and it could be coming soon.

We can expect in the coming near years more co-operation between India and Afghanistan too, using TTP or perhaps a newly branded movement. The future does not look good.

@Bleek @blain2 @Sifar zero @Signalian @PanzerKiel @KaiserX @Olympus81 @villageidiot @Areesh @Sayfullah @Mirzali Khan @Samurai_assassin @Muhammad Saftain Anjum @ghazi52 @HAIDER @AlKardai @chinasun @Abid123 @CivilianSupremacy @Ali_14 @FuturePAF
Just to keep Pakistan busy, thats it.
Had India wanted to break Pakistan it would do that easily. But the true motive here is to keep Pakistan weak and intact, so that there is a buffer state between India and Afghanistan. Taqatwar Afghanistan sub se pehly India ko khaeyga.

Just to keep Pakistan busy, thats it.
Had India wanted to break Pakistan it would do that easily. But the true motive here is to keep Pakistan weak and intact, so that there is a buffer state between India and Afghanistan. Taqatwar Afghanistan sub se pehly India ko khaeyga.
I agree with your first point but not second point. It's easy to ignite the flames but to completely split it requires more effort like distracting Pakistan's military as they did in Bangladesh. (Difficult today due to nuclear threshold)

Afghanistan doesn't care about India, if you think it's due to religious issues then it still doesn't care. They are Islamist ethnonationalist folk not the pan-Islamist type. Their Islam is restricted to inside their borders and mainly they want to develop their own state. Only reason they pick conflict with Pakistan is because they claim KP/Balochistan and want to add it onto their territory.

Wow, I didn't know RAW was so effective in using 40K USD, but all this happened when the Ghani regime was in power. All the Indian consulates in Afghanistan have now been shut down , so how does India now provide material support ?
Do not derail the thread with facts you Yundoo!
Let the narrative run amok on RAAAAW ki Sajish

We are going off-track here but imo the only thing Pulwama proved was that India is willing to carry out preemptive strikes and perhaps not tolerate any perceived support to insurgents in India.

After Pakistan responded it was essentially India that refused to climb up the escalation ladder, I guess after the Indian pilot was returned it cooled things down as each side exchanged blows 1 for 1.

I wouldn't count on this happening every time though, it could continue to escalate in any other scenario.

From my perception nuclear threat is still there as a viability, Pulwama has not somehow proven otherwise.
In case of pulwama type of incident happening again both countries will go to war. .

More like Indian wet dreams.

Their ideal chance was during the USSR times, and then a somewhat okay chance during the last NATO/Afghan war.

Once Pakistan has gone through the upcoming inferno and the upcoming global war, Pakistan will absolutely wreck India.

The Brahmin will only fight when he is promised help from and assured by a superpower that he outnumbers his enemey 10 to 1.

Right now things are still in flux, but the Brahmin has no idea what is coming his way.

What?
Army has been fighting insurgency in Kashmir for decades now. Also Central Reserved Forces have been active in maoist prone areas. India Pakistan border has been quiet just for the past 2 yrs before that there was constant firing on both sides. Plus Indian army personnel deploy to UN missions in large numbers too.
2nd aspect of your answer is jingoism so better left unanswered.
Large army to harass and assault unarmed civilians. Weak feeble people, took a battering against the chinese in unarmed combat.

Large army to harass and assault unarmed civilians. Weak feeble people, took a battering against the chinese in unarmed combat.
Didn't you check the latest pak army rangers video of them assaulting a commuter? what was that? and in a non conflict area.
Also you can use proportionate force against stone pelters and other miscreants, encounters for the armed terrorists.
You think Chinese were unscathed eh? Also it's due to the diplomacy of both the nations that such encounters don't flare up and lead to wars.

In my opinion, the Indian game plan with Balochistan primarily is to keep an insurgency sustained for as long as possible with the goal of destablising and preventing any prospect of economic development, infrastructural development, FDI and internal investment, bad reputation, and no peace. You can't even safely play cricket without the risk of terrorism being brought up. Pakistan is essentially being strangled by India, and struggling to fight its way out.

Anything more than the above, like seccession, to them I think is simply a bonus but not a primary goal, to genuinely break it would require more severe efforts in other domains. For example they have begun trying to raise it to a diplomatic and social level given the recent documentaries which could point towards this.

We must admit they have been very successful with the above. Because they have actual functioning national instituions with competent, skilled, qualified and loyal individuals. They prioritise meritocracy with a strong system of accountability.

One method to achieve their seccessionist goals is to incite a nation-wide civil war, then India initates a war against the army, whole of Pakistan would cease to exist at the end of it. The only real thing which prevents this from happening is the existence of our nuclear weapons arsenal, I think India will 100% try to denuclearise Pakistan if it seeks to do this and it could be coming soon.

We can expect in the coming near years more co-operation between India and Afghanistan too, using TTP or perhaps a newly branded movement. The future does not look good.

@Bleek @blain2 @Sifar zero @Signalian @PanzerKiel @KaiserX @Olympus81 @villageidiot @Areesh @Sayfullah @Mirzali Khan @Samurai_assassin @Muhammad Saftain Anjum @ghazi52 @HAIDER @AlKardai @chinasun @Abid123 @CivilianSupremacy @Ali_14 @FuturePAF
Here is a simple solution, create 20 DHA enclaves in balochistan.... within a year PA will fix everything.

Back
Top Bottom