What's new

What if Britain Never Conquered India?

Maratha domination. If not for Maratha defeat at third battle of Panipet, a power vaccum could have never arisen in the North, leading to birth of Sikh empire.
At the same time, Marathas were so divided, it's also possible they would led Indian People on civil war. Not to forget late Marathas were highly casteist.
It's possible South India would have been under Nizam's, Kingdom of Mysore and Travancore empires jusisdiction. It's also possible the Marathas would have conquered them. But at the end of the day would have led to civil war sooner or later. Even if India had been unified one way or other by some power center, they would have led India into world wars planning for some glorious triloga chakravarthi title.

Bengal under the Nawab, half of Pakistan under Afghanistan, Iran and Oman. Other half under Marathas.

Satyameva Jayate.

Hindus today are trying to pick up the crumbs of the entire pie we won with blood and steel 300+ years earlier.

Sir,either a strong Mughal Emperor would have appeared in mid of 19th or whole region would have walked back into era which was before Mehmoud attacks i.e into small kingdoms.

Bengal under the Nawab, half of Pakistan under Afghanistan, Iran and Oman. Other half under Marathas.
By the full rise of Marathas,area which forms Pakistan was already contested,by the time Brits came Afghanistan was already unable to do power projection as i said above Hindustan probably would have walked into era,which was before Mehmoud i.e small independent kingdoms.

I normally stay from hypothetical analysis...esp for ones long ago....given the amount of stuff we would have to sift through downstream with time (butterfly effect etc).

This one especially would be risque one for this forum I feel (the way I would do the maratha confederacy expanding and what they would do or ought to do for national cohesion). It goes to dark side of my head a lot in the past...its not nice place to dwell tbh.

Honestly things have turned out as they did for a reason in almighty plan, and we all just got to work the best with that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom