What's new

What If Attlee Hadn’t Partitioned India?

For writing a history book, should he get a Pulitzer for physics!

History...! :undecided:

Apart from the Pulitzer Prize in that category there are numerous History Accolades out there - If his work was 'credible' maybe someone would've noticed.

It was never my intention to spoon feed. Just to get you started because you specifically requested me.

There is a difference between spoon feeding & making sweeping statements & then when asked to substantiate your claim, adopting a condescending attitude !

As I mentioned earlier:

Now it is up to you to either get defensive, deny the whole thing, assume that it happened to someone else (and not to Pakistanis' ancestors themselves as well) or to dig a bit deeper.

Seems you have made your choice. There is a pattern there as well. So no worries.

A lot of information is now available just by putting the right search term in your favorite search engine.

It is only you who has to muster the courage to put the term in there and press that dreaded enter key. ;)

I did....had I found something 'credible' I would've formulated my opinion thus ! Unfortunately whims doesn't equate to history.

A lot of you are under this misconception.

It seems you won't mind Muslims to live under similar conditions in non Muslim majority countries?

Would that be about right?

Hope your wish comes true.

Soon.

PS: You looked past all the murders, slavery, persecution, harassment, conversion part pretty quick! You just saw the tax in the whole post?

Had I believed in the murders, persecution, harassment & conversion part above & beyond what any leaders of a similar time did or didn't do - I would not be curious enough to have this conversation !

And yes - Its the prerogative of any Non-Muslim Country, that were they to impose a tax on the Muslim Subjects, in lieu of exemption from Military Duty they'd be in the right to do so.

Again, in your urge to deny quickly without even looking what you are denying, you are forgetting that I quoted you figures for only the parts that became West Pakistan.

So East Punjab population (that became part of India) were not included in the figures shared. There is even a district wise break I gave you. ;)

If you were to give me a 'source' for your Figures & that Chart, I'd be able to see it myself what were the parameters of the '41 Census !

Give me a Link !

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Muslim leadership, that got independence for both Pakistan and india, hindus were happy lap dancing British while Nehru and gandhi were licking some white P***y.

Thank us for your independence, your leadership then was as incompetent as now and all in between.

Partitioned was for good, the Muslim League leadership were incompetent and the constituent assembly of Pakistan was dissolved in the lifetime of Liaquat Ali Khan.

It was Muslim leadership, that got independence for both Pakistan and india, hindus were happy lap dancing British while Nehru and gandhi were licking some white P***y.

Thank us for your independence, your leadership then was as incompetent as now and all in between.

Muslim League did nothing for independence, British never arrested any Muslim league leader because they were always loyal to British.

First they created hurdle for Congress in Consituent Assembly, after creating Pakistan they created hurdle for Pakistan's constituent assembly and Liaquat Ali Khan dissolved it.

I have always wondered, what would happened if there was no partition of the subcontinent.

It was Muslim leadership, that got independence for both Pakistan and india, .........

Really? With Muslim league's utter lack of talented political leadership beyond three or four individuals, with comparatively negligible history of leading political movements, with almost no political organizations at the grassroots level, with little to no history of Muslim League leadership arrested for political activity, with a track record of mostly supporting and negotiating with the British leadership - all of which are reflected in the spectacular collapse of the Pakistani political elite post partition - Muslim leadership got us independence?

I mean, come on.

You said everything.
Given a choice today very few of Indian Muslims would like to go to Pakistan but I am sure most of Hindus, Christians, ahmadiays and many more group will happy to join India.
Indian Muslims knows they are safe, progressive and most pampered group by political party.

I am so glad for partition looking at Hindostans current state and Hindotani Muslims.

I praise Iqbal & Jinnah for getting us seperate from Hindus.

Hindu population decreased as mamy fled to India.
Although Muslim population has barely grown in Hindo land.

As a economist please give us some indicator to measure the growth and literacy.

We are far behind to compare with any good nation.
Our only hope is our middle class, which is biggest in the world and growing every day. They do not care religion, cast, sect and have broad mindset. We are growing does not matter how slow it.

I saw HDI. India is only 10 places ahead. Is that what you're so proud of? :lol:

We'll talk about poverty elevation when your central govt and state govts has a CLEAR cut rule on poverty limits.

I dont believe in literacy stats of india. i dont understand how a country where 70% of the population defecates can have 70% literacy.

Per capita is just GDP divided by population. Not a good economic indicator in 3rd world countries.

Even with Pakistan's low spending of education and health, we are both the same in these areas.

And Im too tired to respond to your other things.

History...! :undecided:

Apart from the Pulitzer Prize in that category there are numerous History Accolades out there - If his work was 'credible' maybe someone would've noticed.

There is a difference between spoon feeding & making sweeping statements & then when asked to substantiate your claim, adopting a condescending attitude !

I did....had I found something 'credible' I would've formulated my opinion thus ! Unfortunately whims doesn't equate to history.

Had I believed in the murders, persecution, harassment & conversion part above & beyond what any leaders of a similar time did or didn't do - I would not be curious enough to have this conversation !

And yes - Its the prerogative of any Non-Muslim Country, that were they to impose a tax on the Muslim Subjects, in lieu of exemption from Military Duty they'd be in the right to do so.

If you were to give me a 'source' for your Figures & that Chart, I'd be able to see it myself what were the parameters of the '41 Census !

Give me a Link !

Good. You are doing well.

As a economist please give us some indicator to measure the growth and literacy.

We are far behind to compare with any good nation.
Our only hope is our middle class, which is biggest in the world and growing every day. They do not care religion, cast, sect and have broad mindset. We are growing does not matter how slow it.

what is a good nation?

You have a country full of agricultural wealth and low on energy,there is enough water and good weather to live.

what more do you want?

what silly statistics r u looking for?

we need to do better in a lot of things but dont fall for stats.

And defecating in the open in the village is anyday better than doing it in a toilet and running the risk of affecting drinking water.

Muslims did nothing dude,

It was the efforts of the Congress alone,Muslim league was created to create division and not allow a big nation to emerge.

This is a daylight fact.

Interesting part is that Afghanistan would have been under the protection of India, hmmm lol one that is some dream, do Indians not ready history, the conquerors have been coming that way to invade them.

If there was no partition and we knew the British were leaving, we would have encouraged Afghanistan to help in attack to take most of the land, after all through history lahore has been our outpost.

Unfortunately the British left a united India and even otherwise the Sikh empire made sure,you didn't cross the Indus.

Did you see world bank report of poverty in Pakistan and India? 27% in India and 17% in Pakistan, on top of that per capita now is similar but before 2008 it was always ahead of India. And also gap between poor and rich is alot less in Pakistan.

How big is Pak and How big is India?

We have tribal people and subsistence farmers living happily off small amount of money in India,is the world bank going to monetize their better health due to lack of pollution?

come on dude,anybody can throw numbers and theories.

yeah but who is the chaudary to decide in the middle of a civil war,generally it is difficult to be a sarpanch in a civil war.

Back
Top Bottom