What's new

What happened to ratings ?

Please put the positive rating in the system,

If it is abused, so please the mod or Webmaster erase that particular positive rating instead of eliminating the system that can demotivate good posters in here.

Just look at how I give positive rating, and see the quality of post there....

Positive ratings is also there to store good postings, so every one can check quality posting by searching those rating from fair TT or Mod who gave them or from the posters themself who have the ratings. And this system become more needed since bookmark tool has been erased by Webmaster.

You cant get positive ratings in members club but can get thousands of thanks by posting female models pics in members club. Huge number of thanks or post count is not a measure of quality however ratings do offer a relative indication about the qualitative trend of the poster-- it also helps visitors to pin point some good posters on the thread.

Ratings are here to stay... hopefully --- better to have a system... a system can be fixed and is better than anarchy / disorder / chaos

TTA tag, ratings and senior cafe were initiatives taken to promote qualitative content by giving incentives to the posters.

If you have ideas on how to improve the forum, please contribute in the relevant thread
http://www.defence.pk/threads/how-do-we-make-pdf-better.332783/page-45

A broken system selects newer additions in its own image, perpetuating the petty tyranny.

:pop:

There is no tyranny without willing slaves.

On a serious note - There is so much of fanboyism and trolling that it gets difficult to shift through 100s of posts before you get to something with substance. When I see something for eg by @Oscar or @Technogaianist on defense related threads, I know it will have some heft and wit and it is a genuine pleasure reading them for they offer something other than google top 5 results.

Regards

Is this result of Pakistan's embrace of China and Russia? :enjoy:
Could be. We have a communist democracy anyways thanks to Chairman Zardari and Premier Nawaz.

No criticism of government, massive hiring on political grounds, a non-productive economic policy; we have all the makings of a great Communist state.

Please put the positive rating in the system,

If it is abused, so please the mod or Webmaster erase that particular positive rating instead of eliminating the system that can demotivate good posters in here.

Just look at how I give positive rating, and see the quality of post there....

Positive ratings is also there to store good postings, so every one can check quality posting by searching those rating from fair TT or Mod who gave them or from the posters themself who have the ratings. And this system become more needed since bookmark tool has been erased by Webmaster.

I agree. Positive ratings ought to be exclusively reserved for exceptionally insightful and high-quality posts however, so the members having the powers always need to carefully consider whether the post deserves a positive rating.
I wouldn't mind if the negative ratings were scrapped though, but moderators and admins have to take actions against posts warranting a negative rating as soon as possible. I understand that most, if not all staff members are busy with real life and thus aren't able to respond to the reports at once, so it is advisable to promote more level-headed members to mods, especially international ones.

Rating system encourage members to post more researched posts and articles and the same way negative ratings quite effectively reduces troll posts.
Once I found out I could get a negative rating by trolling, it encouraged me to troll.
fce32f95.gif

Back
Top Bottom