What's new

What happened to Pakistan's drones ??

You sure? Holly damn -_-

@Yzd Khalifa

I disagree with @Dreamreaper , simply saying that it's an abandoned project without any source is...iffy. I'm not going to say he's wrong, but just because we don't hear news, doesn't mean it's a dead project. When was the last time we heard of the Al-Khalid 2 MBT? Quite a while ago, but we know for a fact that it is being developed.I'd also like to point out that the Buraq wasn't necessarily the UAV itself, it was the project's name, and the Buraq project used many different UAVs as platforms. The project itself is not to develop a brand new UAV, but rather, the missile and the laser designator that is used. The MALE UAV can come later on, but the laser designator and missile themselves are what's important.

If indeed the Buraq project is dead, in my books that just means the project has completed it's intended purpose and a new project has been started to implement the things that have been learned.

@Dreamreaper Why do you think the project is dead, I'm genuinely curious.

We are not looking forward to see Buraq or Burqa veil. This surveillance project is just nothing to benefit Pakistan's requirements as we keep sending F-16s surveillance or monitor terrorist activities in North area. What I am desperately looking for kind of armed Predator.

Latest advanced Shahpar UAV

shahpar.jpg

@Oscar how about this in any progress?

Actually, there are some things I'd like to point out. First, Pakistan benefits greatly from surveillance drones, as it's much MUCH cheaper to send out a drone than an F-16, not to mention that Drones can stay in the air for much longer and can be deployed relatively quickly.

Second, I don't know about @Oscar, but I can tell you that at least 10 Shahpar UAV systems are already inducted into the army.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with @Dreamreaper , simply saying that it's an abandoned project without any source is...iffy. I'm not going to say he's wrong, but just because we don't hear news, doesn't mean it's a dead project. When was the last time we heard of the Al-Khalid 2 MBT? Quite a while ago, but we know for a fact that it is being developed.I'd also like to point out that the Buraq wasn't necessarily the UAV itself, it was the project's name, and the Buraq project used many different UAVs as platforms. The project itself is not to develop a brand new UAV, but rather, the missile and the laser designator that is used. The MALE UAV can come later on, but the laser designator and missile themselves are what's important.

If indeed the Buraq project is dead, in my books that just means the project has completed it's intended purpose and a new project has been started to implement the things that have been learned.

Actually, there are some things I'd like to point out. First, Pakistan benefits greatly from surveillance drones, as it's much MUCH cheaper to send out a drone than an F-16, not to mention that Drones can stay in the air longer and can be deployed relatively quickly.

Second, I don't know about @Oscar, but I can tell you that at least 10 Shahpar UAV systems are already inducted into the army.

I think we are on the same page here..
i said the technology developed during Project Burraq (or so i like to call it) is being used elsewhere.

I think we are on the same page here..
i said the technology developed during Project Burraq (or so i like to call it) is being used elsewhere.

So, the project didn't die then, it just fulfilled it's purpose.

We are indeed in agreement then.

^^ My friend i am not here to change yours or anybody else's opinion. But here are some hard facts.

Pakistan Army did show interest in UAVs in 2008 and kayani saw some tests,but no UAVs were ever inducted in Pakistan Army.Some were bought and stored.Never used.
These are videos from 2008..Kayani being shown different types of Tactical and surveilance UAvs

But that was it..later Pakistan army went cold..as told in the next video by the Daddy of Pakistani drones..Just listen what he says

watch the whole video,and your opinion will change.
this is the father of Pakistan's Drone technology speaking.

Why don't we build some Quadcopters? Their small size & maneuverability can come in handy.

Pakistan navy did induce some UAVs as a stop gap effort and face saving effort after destruction of their P-3 orions at Mehran base.
This video is from July 2011,thats 2 months after the attacks.

PAF have been serious customers and users of UAV.They have 20-30 strong fleet of Falco or similar UAVs.

Conclusion of this long debate is that Yes Pakistan has all the capability of Manufacturing UAVs and UCAVs.
The funding isnt there for UCAVs ..
All three forces have UAV's
PA isnt using any.
PAF is using 20-30 for surveillance purposes (Yet none was seen during PAC Kamra attack,and i am not sure for what PAf is using them,if at all)

navy has a fleet of UAVs which they induced after they lost P-3 Orions in the Mehran attack.

What Paksitan lacks is a propper military planning coordinating all three armed forces and collectively make use of their UAV assets and integrate them in their main stream military planning and Doctrine.

Saying that..Pakistan's missile men or the SPD have integrated UAVs in their planning and doctrine and the UAVs are used as airborne secure communications relay stations for Missile launch command and control.
that's how Pakistan Intends to communicate with widely distributed Road mobile Ballistic and Cruise missile launchers,in case of a war,and it has been well planned,well integrated.

I think i dont need to comment any further.

^^ My friend i am not here to change yours or anybody else's opinion. But here are some hard facts.

Pakistan Army did show interest in UAVs in 2008 and kayani saw some tests,but no UAVs were ever inducted in Pakistan Army.Some were bought and stored.Never used.
These are videos from 2008..Kayani being shown different types of Tactical and surveilance UAvs

But that was it..later Pakistan army went cold..as told in the next video by the Daddy of Pakistani drones..Just listen what he says

watch the whole video,and your opinion will change.
this is the father of Pakistan's Drone technology speaking.

So I watched the video, like you told me to, completely, and it still hasn't changed anything. The fact is that the UAVs are being used by the PA and PAF constantly, and they're pretty much used whenever a PA operation is about to occur. Drones are sent in to map the area first and highlight militant hideouts and points of interest, and the PA plans accordingly to the real time information that is given.

It seems to me that you do have a lot more to comment on, because your post hasn't changed my mind.

Ok, you got that. From what I read, Pakistani pilots were the only that could survive to write about it.

Yeah well, to add more, Pakistani pilots survived because the engaging IsAF pilots could not :)

You're saying some very strange things.

The Palestinians have pretty much accepted Israel as a reality, it's the Israelis that don't consider Palestine as a reality. This is grounded in the fact that Israel continues to slowly annex UN designated Palestinian land.

Perhaps your experience of Palestinians is limited to news reports and media. My experience is first hand. Even today, Palestinians want Israel, even today they support attacks on Israel despite the fact that a single useless rocket attack is responded by heaving aerial bombing.

Some elements within Palestinian boundary continue to give Israel the stupidest of reasons to attack and occupy more land, this is not helping Palestine. And most Palestinians considered Yasir Arafat a ****head and an enemy to Palestine.

Second, it was not Pakistan that considered Israel an enemy, it was Israel that wanted to bomb Pakistan. Pakistan didn't and doesn't recognize Israel, due to Israel's refusal to accept Palestine, but there was no out right hostilities between the two. Thankfully, India didn't allow Israel to carry out the Israel bombing operation, because they knew that India would be the first target in any retaliatory attack.

Even if Israel, somewhere in the past, considered or planned to carry out attacks on Pakistani Nuclear installations, it was out of fear that one day the weapons could potentially be used against the state of Israel. Why else would they even make the consideration? In any case, the attack never materialized and that is the most important thing.

Furthermore, I do not buy this crap that India did not allow them to carry out the attacks. A non Nuclear Pakistan was more in favor of India then anybody else. The conventional power is overwhelmingly in India's favor, perhaps even as an aggressor. It is our Nuclear weapons that guarantee our sovereignty. India would not have lost any opportunity to support a decisive blow to Pakistan's non conventional deterrent.

Even if Israel, somewhere in the past, considered or planned to carry out attacks on Pakistani Nuclear installations, it was out of fear that one day the weapons could potentially be used against the state of Israel. Why else would they even make the consideration? In any case, the attack never materialized and that is the most important thing.

Furthermore, I do not buy this crap that India did not allow them to carry out the attacks. A non Nuclear Pakistan was more in favor of India then anybody else. The conventional power is overwhelmingly in India's favor, perhaps even as an aggressor. It is our Nuclear weapons that guarantee our sovereignty. India would not have lost any opportunity to support a decisive blow to Pakistan's non conventional deterrent.

Actually, there is some evidence that Israel was prepared for an attack on the Kahuta facilities, but it did not materialize because of India's reluctance. India was not asked to participate in the attack but rather give the Israeli jets the opportunity to land and fuel. But India had a lot more to lose if things went wrong, given the close proximity of Pakistan as its neighbouring country. Pakistan may have attacked and destroyed India's nuclear facilities and of course, there was the possibility of cross border nuclear fallout, among other factors.

Perhaps your experience of Palestinians is limited to news reports and media. My experience is first hand. Even today, Palestinians want Israel, even today they support attacks on Israel despite the fact that a single useless rocket attack is responded by heaving aerial bombing.

Some elements within Palestinian boundary continue to give Israel the stupidest of reasons to attack and occupy more land, this is not helping Palestine. And most Palestinians considered Yasir Arafat a ****head and an enemy to Palestine.

This entire comment of yours is just...wrong. You're just completely and utterly wrong.

It totally seems as if you don't have any idea what you're talking about and are ignoring historical facts.

Back
Top Bottom