What's new

What happened to layers and layers and layers of Indian Air Defence on 27-Feb-2019?

India didn’t use its best because this is just a small skirmish, like we do in LOC all the time.
If war is declared then every SAM including the very best that India has will be out and ready.

No need to disclose radar frequencies of such systems now.

The way Indians used to brag about having turned their country into a militarised Frankenstein post 9/11, was a no show on a very sweet Wednesday 27th February 2019.

Were the air defence systems all switched off? Were they all facing technical difficulties? Were the systems incapable? Was there a shortage of man power? Were the operators asleep? Was there load shedding?

I mean, India claims Pakistan so brazenly sent 24 fighter aircrafts into Indian airspace (India claims), bombed Indian positions and returned the fighters to their bases and not a single Pakistani aircraft was shot down by any Indian Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) system or even a MANPAD.

I mean, why on earth has India spent billions and billions of dollars on these flop systems if they could not save India on that sweet Wednesday 27th February 2019?

Compromised like a knife going through butter.

This is terrible news for all the Western nations that supply India goodies. Israel is another country that should be extremely worried.

There is another theory. PAF jammed their signals and systems. Let’s suppose Indian claim of 24 jets holds weight. Probably the fighters caused mass interference and jammed their systems to a point where they could simply walk in and get on with the job. Not only that, the jamming and interference continued simultaneously during the bombing operation. Hence PAF could easily leave the airspace unharmed.

This whole operation puts the downing of Indian fighters and capturing of pilots in the second tier row. Everyone has questions and the mystery will be never ending.

Last edited:
No declaration of war, by both parties if they used SAMs that would start full fledged war, can you explain me why Pakistan armed forces didn't use SAMs against Indian intrusion of Balakot @Pakistani Aircraft o_O
???
But Last Year Syrian Shot Down Israeli F16 Using S200 SAM without any War Declaration.Neither did Israel Declared War on Syria After Downed F16. They almost always fire SAMs on Incoming enemy Aircraft and Missiles.

Were PAF aircrafts able to penetrate hundreds of miles deep into Indian territory? No. Let's not underestimate the enemy like the enemy just did. This particular strike was a masterclass in bait and kill. Standoff munitions were used and breach of Indian airspace was minimal.

A layered air defence includes point interceptors, and we saw the activation of Indian air defence. Most certainly, the Indians aren't sleeping as well. They have miscalculated the efficacy of their bisons and the strength of PAF, but now that advantage is lost. We should expect the IAF to be better prepared next time.

@Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar

Actually, the layers, and layers as you mentioned are being added slowly as of late. Right now it's not as thick as mentioned.

???
But Last Year Syrian Shot Down Israeli F16 Using S200 SAM without any War Declaration.Neither did Israel Declared War on Syria After Downed F16. They almost always fire SAMs on Incoming enemy Aircraft and Missiles.
Not compare Syria with Pakistan it is the testing ground of new weapons by superpowers (USA/RUSSIA) @ahmadnawaz22

Not compare Syria with Pakistan it is the testing ground of new weapons by superpowers (USA/RUSSIA) @ahmadnawaz22
No sir i am not comparing Syria with Pakistan. i am just talking about International Laws. It was in Israel's Interest to Declare War on Syria as it, time and Again, Provokes Syria to do some Stupid thing that allows Israel to Declare war on Syria remove Pro Iran Assad Government in Damascus. But they Couldn't even after repeated SAM Uses by Syria against their Aircraft

On a lighter Note. India Could have Replace its Entire Fleet of Mig21 with much Deadly Mig31 or any other capable Interceptors gradually if they had opted for a saner approach in 1980s instead of the Resources Spent on LCA Project. No Current Indian Foe would had any chance against Israeli Upgraded Foxhounds or other 4th Gen Interceptor.

But whatever, Their Country Their Money their Decisions. I wonder if PAF had the Budget of IAF what would our inventory be like. When it is where it is in this Cash Strapped Situation for almost 3 Decades

To all pakistanis, a little patience is all that your need, abhi to party shuru hui hai. All your queries will be answered by the Indian military subsequently just like in the previous four wars. There is no no need to start a keyboard war, just follow the current development on the LOA and IB.

Indian airdefense is worst than syria atleast syrian sams downed israeli f16 which is much advanced than Pakistani f16
Syrian air defenses are actually decent - credit where due. I hear that Damascus, in particular, is among the most well-guarded cities of the world. People make fun of Syrian defenses but they have little knowledge of joint US-Israeli military prowess and arrangements for Syria.

???
There was no war declaration because we're already at a state of war with Syria.

India didn’t use its best because this is just a small skirmish, like we do in LOC all the time.
If war is declared then every SAM including the very best that India has will be out and ready.

No need to disclose radar frequencies of such systems now.
177528 (1).jpg

No sir i am not comparing Syria with Pakistan. i am just talking about International Laws. It was in Israel's Interest to Declare War on Syria as it, time and Again, Provokes Syria to do some Stupid thing that allows Israel to Declare war on Syria remove Pro Iran Assad Government in Damascus. But they Couldn't even after repeated SAM Uses by Syria against their Aircraft

On a lighter Note. India Could have Replace its Entire Fleet of Mig21 with much Deadly Mig31 or any other capable Interceptors gradually if they had opted for a saner approach in 1980s instead of the Resources Spent on LCA Project. No Current Indian Foe would had any chance against Israeli Upgraded Foxhounds or other 4th Gen Interceptor.

But whatever, Their Country Their Money their Decisions. I wonder if PAF had the Budget of IAF what would our inventory be like. When it is where it is in this Cash Strapped Situation for almost 3 Decades
give me only one answer AGAINST WHOM ISRAEL WANT TO OFFICIALLY GIVE DECLARATION OF WAR ISIS @Ahmad nawaz22 o_O:what:???

Pakistan didn't entered Indian airspace PAF used SOW (Stand off weapons) and its standard procedure around the world to not engage enemy SAMs but intercept with Jets, India and Pakistan didn't announce any declaration of war before the incident happened @Pakistani Aircraft
Unofficially we did go inside few Kms..... but lets just leave it here.

Back
Top Bottom