What's new

What does being a liberal mean?

First of all i never understand why people hate ulmas and muftis
Why they think they are nutcase and narrow mind person.
Or bro ek baat apke youth ko namaz k ahkamat ka ilm ni or ap chahtay ho k wo sufism smjhain
If i start following sufism liberals think i m nutcase
bhai jaan sufism next level ki baat hai, hum jaisy less than average Muslims nahi samj sakty.
10177443_695214773852994_5085621541540006690_n.jpg

Liberal under different context

Western Culture Meaning of Liberal (US/Canada/ May be Europe)

• Pro Immigration
  • Support for Women rights is seen as supporter of hardline Feminism (extreme view)
  • Open to enage with all cultures and religions (Muslims, Christians , Jews others etc)
  • Does not feels threatened by other cultures , enjoys food and other culture goodnesss
  • Shows no bias in hiring , or making decisions in courts or rulings
  • Normally agree with Women rights
  • Music sometimes reflects the views in songs
  • Dislikes big corporations
  • Trusts in distribution of wealth
  • Does not like curb on freedom to enjoy what life has to offer, i.e don't celebrate this day or that day. Don't go to shopping after certain time, Jobs are plenty even if others come
  • Librals enjoy their faith but don't feel they have to push it down anyone's throat
  • More aware of minorities their struggles
  • Generally educated , or desire high standard in education and then use reason / logic
  • Can be absolutely fantastic Muslims with , deep understanding of their faith
  • Liberals have focus on creating jobs equally for all residents of Province and city
  • Liberals , do social work and participate in charity , cultural organizations and other social work helping community.
  • Liberals always "QUESTION" existing processes and system and seek to improve it over and over again , seeking perfection
  • Liberals do enjoy fashion as part of normal life and right of person
  • Trust in having a dream of home and family
  • Liberals are normally the first to welcome different religious refugees at airport and they might even show up at your local religious event
  • Liberal ideallgy promotes public schools with high standard so all population gets equal chance to get better and generally they don't favor special private schools in budget, the focus is on better course and relevant material to help students succeed in professional work.

Meaning of Liberasim/ Liberal in Pakistani Context
  • Not very good Muslim (Allegation)
  • Dresses in pants or shirt, must be Mushrik (Allegation)
  • Why does this person speaks for minorities ? He claims to be Muslim must be something wrong (Allegation)
  • Only Hardliners can love Prophet , Liberals are automatically out of this honor (Wrong Assumption)
  • What the women wants to work , not ideal situation this will destroy Pakistani culture.
  • Why is the guy buying Valentine's day for his wife what is wrong with him (Liberal confused man)
  • Liberals are anti Pakistan, anti local culture and are not sensitive to local culture.
  • Liberals want to argue with me, what my Mullah taught me is undebatable.(Influenced by Satan).
  • Speaks English , again confused soul
  • Liberals are against Jirga, 100 year old local jirga , or other tribal ideas. Something wrong with him , want to implement Satan's constitution in villages
  • Why does this man wants to celebrate New years , or other festivals what is wrong with him. Put some ban on the beaches. We will run a mafia campaign to beat up the Liberals if they show up to see fireworks in night
  • What he calls himself Liberal he must surely drink in happy hour (Allegation and then a social outcast status)
  • Generally see Liberals are idiots who don't wear their pants over their ankles (Not that there is any scientific benefit to showing your ankles)
  • General fear from Liberals because Liberals , tend to ask questions about implementation of rules and regulation on society
  • Liberals are on agenda to change our text book, yet the people who argue against Liberal agenda to change books have no clue how to improve education in Pakistan or level of standard in Pakistan
  • Against privledged schools for Rich class
  • Liberal's love of music , poetry , or other cultural aspects is seen as a waste of time. However this dislike is not that prominent as most Pakistani can't go around a day with out music , poetry or other cultural sideshow. Liberal musicians always face a backlash in 80's during the dark ages of music in Pakistan. Liberal musicians made a comeback with Rock era in music which has stuck out even till modern days in Pakistan
Note: Abusing religious entities is not Liberalism infact it is the exact opposite. Liberals normally rely on their education and understanding to better handle difficult discusions and come with a diplomatic answer. Respecting religious figures

Last edited:
Mjh bs ek zamana yad ata hsi jb in so called liberals ke baat hote hai
Ek zamana asa b aa ga jb khulay aman zina hoga or un zaniyo ko agr koe shakhs sirf itna kahay ga ghr ja k ye harkat karo ya ni karo ye kam to wo us zamanay ka wali hoga.
wo zamana a gaya hai bhai, ab to har bacha ajkal ka zani hai aur yeh koi buri baat b nahi mani jati...mein 11 saal ka tha jab meri family canada aye thi, aur jab mein 10 saal baad 20 21 ka tha to Pakistan gaya to mein heraan reh gaya ke mere dost aur baqi sab to sari haadien par kar gaye ke ab bataty huye sharam ati hai.

[QE="sady, post: 9199686, member: 167872"]It is because people have forgotten differentiation of Ulema e haq and Ulema e su. They think in lines of sect rather than line of 'haq' and 'budd' A barelvi will die rather than listening to a Deobandi aalim, an ahle hadees will die first rather than listen to a Shia aalim and likewise. He would listen to an alim who would lead him to destruction or killing to create his own power base but won't listen to anAlim from another sect preaching sanctity of life. Unfortunately the fitnas of end of times are upon us.[/QUOTE]

Bro i agree that some of our ulmas missed used their power.and some are still using but not all of them.
They are changing every sect now we start tolerating each other.

And so called liberals are spoiling our people's minds.
wow really?
1) Are suicide bombers are brainwashed by liberals?
2) Those who kill ahmedis or shia's just because they don't agree with their version of Islam (which is taught to them by a molvi) are brainwashed by liberals?
3) Those who praise killers like qadri built his shrine and gave donations for that does liberals told them to do that?
4) What muftis or ulema's you're talking about do we really have any left in our country?
5) Tell me how anyone other than molvis are corrupting minds of Pakistanis?
6) These '''ulema's'' don't even want to hear others not even the people from other sects of Islam they quickly label them kaffir western agent jewish agent if you differ from their point of view and you say liberals are spoiling minds of people? are you really serious?

First of all i never understand why people hate ulmas and muftis
Why they think they are nutcase and narrow mind person.
Or bro ek baat apke youth ko namaz k ahkamat ka ilm ni or ap chahtay ho k wo sufism smjhain
If i start following sufism liberals think i m nutcase

Bro i agree with u .
And this is what im trying to say that instead of abusing every ulma and mufti we should try to gind a ulma e haq to understand Islam clearly.
But we are doing nothing.
And so called liberals are spoiling our people's minds.

In so called liberals ko ulma or mufti smjh ni atay Sufism kahan say smjh pain gay
Those who abuse mullahs or aalims are not liberals but a hypocrite bunch. A true liberal does not abuse any segment of society as it is against principles of tolerance. Unfortunately in Pakistan we do not have a lot of true liberals, do not confuse with 'maum batti' auntie brigade and obnoxious scholars with agendas.

Respect4Respect01 said:
wo zamana a gaya hai bhai, ab to har bacha ajkal ka zani hai aur yeh koi buri baat b nahi mani jati...mein 11 saal ka tha jab meri family canada aye thi, aur jab mein 10 saal baad 20 21 ka tha to Pakistan gaya to mein heraan reh gaya ke mere dost aur baqi sab to sari haadien par kar gaye ke ab bataty huye sharam ati hai.
My friend ye abi ni aya khuly aam matlab road pay har jaga valantine day araha hai.
Sirf couples allow ho gay hanimon manansy k leye

Oh come on how can u think that people could understand tasawof.
If u want to understand tasawof u have to understand islam very clearly.

I know, but you don't have to be a scholar to appreciate the work of Sufis, it would be very easy to draw the attention of the larger population.

besides, whatever encourages people to read the Quran, the hadiths, and praying, is a good measure in my book.

@AZMAT 9211 There are very good Ulemas out there too like Maulana Tariq Jameel sahab and many others. Our media only shows semi-literate or so called Ulema's who have nothing to do with Islam because media only cares about rating. Media only shows people like Mufti Qavi or Tahir Ashrafi (drunkard on geo tv) who have nothing to do with Islam, they are all actors and attention seekers.

wow really?
2) Those who kill ahmedis or shia's just because they don't agree with their version of Islam (which is taught to them by a molvi) are brainwashed by liberals?
3) Those who praise killers like qadri built his shrine and gave donations for that does liberals told them to do that?
4) What muftis or ulema's you're talking about do we really have any left in our country?
6) These '''ulema's'' don't even want to hear others not even the people from other sects of Islam they quickly label them kaffir western agent jewish agent if you differ from their point of view and you say liberals are spoiling minds of people? are you really serious?
Look you cannot take Ulema away from Islam even though many worked for their own power base. In Islam the role of a learned person is there, doesn't have to be a typical 'Maulvi' figure but a man who has learnt and understood Quraan, Hadees as well as other non religious subjects. We as muslims created a clergy whereas we should have created wise and learned Idlamic scholars. Nowhere in Islam a mufti or Aalim has to be a figure that we have created specially in South Asia. Likewise we didn't create true liberals, we created an equally ugly abomination with no roots of liberalism. As much as we think these two stand opposite to each other actually thry are hand in hand in polarising our society and are actually against the common people. In Pakistan cry for civil rights, civil supremacy, rule of law, religious tolerance and protection of minorities have become hijacked to secular 'selected' activism. A pseudo liberal won't blast a bomb but one day block the execution of the the one who did by running a campaign, before we know it the whole judicial system is hijacked. This is just one of the many examples. Ranging from nlocking what is necessary to morphing into campaigns that border on hate speech to mocking of established religious beliefs.

Liberal under different context

• Meaning of Liberasim/ Liberal in Pakistani Context
  • Not very good Muslim (Allegation)
  • Ok point .but if u put islam aside and follow something els in this case liberalism how can u say u r agood muslim.
  • Dresses in pants or shirt, must be Mushrik (Allegation)
  • Kis nay kaha bhai mujh b mila do.mjh to ni kaha kc nay.han agr knees say upar hai to toka jata hai q k mard k satar naf say knees tak hota hai.
  • Why does this person speaks for minorities ? He claims to be Muslim must be something wrong (Allegation)
  • Wrong who said?
  • On Hardliners can love Prophet , Liberals are automatically out of this honor (Wrong Assumption)
  • Right one see bhansa etc etc prove right.
  • What the women wants to work , not ideal situation this will destroy Pakistani culture.
  • Its culturall fault.islam ijazat dayta hai.
  • Why is the guy buying Valentine's day for his wife what is wrong with him (Liberal confused man)
  • Zarori hai valentine's day pay dayna kc or din day do.or wife ka word use very clever direct g.f likhtay.
  • Liberals are anti Pakistan, anti local culture and are not sensitive to local culture.
  • Nsray sun layna ap jo lagay thy kch din phlay.
  • Liberals want to argue with me what my Mullah taught me is undebatable. (Influenced by Satan)
  • Yes lots of things is undebatable
  • Speaks English , again confused soul
  • Who said?
  • Liberals are against Jirga, 100 year old local jirga , or other tribal ideas. Something wrong with him , want to implement Satan's constitution in village
  • Again is ka b islam say wasta ni or ye qabail ke apne riwayat hai q k courts ni hai wahan
  • Why does this man wants to celebrate New years , or other festivals what is wrong with him. Put some ban on the beaches. We will run a mafia campaign to beat up the Liberals if they show up to see fireworks in night
  • Because of your nature.
  • What he calls himself Liberal he must surely drink in happy hour (Allegation and then a social outcast status)
  • ?
  • Generally see Liberals are idiots who don't wear their pants over their ankles (Not that there is any scientific benefit to showing your ankles)
  • No it is sunat of my PROPHET S.A.W.A.W

Read it

As Pakistanis we should've been worried about much more important issues like corruption, poverty, terrorism, extremism, injustice, the hatred that we've created for each other, the intolerance Pakistani muslims have for muslims from other sects (i don't even understand why even have sects in Islam? my Prophet was just a Muslim) i wish our ulema's had worked on these issues they could've done so much for Pakistan but no they refused to do that instead they started worrying about ''defending Islam because (NauzbillAh) it's under attack'' the only thing today our ulema's care about is women's how to hide them how suppress them things like valentines which isn't hurting anyone, burkha, issuing fatwas, death threats and creating conspiracy theories against those who slightly differ from their pov it's really sad and heart breaking to see how much damage these guys have done.

wow really?
No they are brainwashed by some people's who funded by some countries who want to destroy islam.
What do u mean version of islam.?
Ahmedis they also killed our brothers and they are not muslims ok.
Shia they also kill.
Qadri who?
Yes lots of them.
No one is corrupting our mind the problem is that we think we know everything.
Never happen with me.

I know, but you don't have to be a scholar to appreciate the work of Sufis, it would be very easy to draw the attention of the larger population.

besides, whatever encourages people to read the Quran, the hadiths, and praying, is a good measure in my book.
Appreciation is another thing and following is another.
Peoples could understand and appreciate sufism but following it u have to change ur self

? quote sahi trhan kro @AZMAT 9211
Yar read karlo ac hi.
Mobile pay sahi say ni ho raha sorry bro.
And abi to chsd firkay hsin 72 banain gay bhai

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom