What's new

What do Indians think of the Nepalese

Its a divers tribal combination of people,in looks,food,cloths,languages and culture. I have few Newari friends.they are the people of the valley. Others are from different mountain region. With different looks and language.
Every year maro bohinko lagi dasain ma ramro km Jana parcho.( I think I got it right:-))
And no ,Nepalis are Nepali you can differentiate from Indians.even tebbeties are different in looks.
this some nepali could pass as an indian but some can never that is the fear really if nepal was to join india they would get attacked by being called chinky (they banned the word in india but how do you ban it really it is just hersay) I think the same problem is faced by north east indians from manipur and sikkim there have been reports of attacks against them.

Trust me, we are far more closely linked to Nepal & Bhutan than any of these nations you have mentioned. For us, Nepalis & Bhutanis are not foreigners. :-)
Some nepali people could pass of as indians and I think interegation would be easy and the language is simmilar (also like to point out that it was inforced on nepali people in the 1950's by the rana's) but some look mongoloid it would be difficult for them. Bhutanese they all look mongoloid and there script is far from hindi. I doubt they could ever be part of india. If they did it would be incredibly difficult

Nepal will eventually be a part of India and will join Indian union as the 30th state. You don't deserve to have your own nation. The rising power of India should absorb Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and Sri Lanka. My view on all these countries is the same. You are all part of India.

Let me put it this way, eventually 1.4 billion strong India and 1.3 billion China will get so damn strong that Nepal will have choose one. You won't be able to survive given your location. That's when India will use its power to force Nepal into Indian union.

Dear poster,

I'd highly recommend you to stop building castles in the sky. Not all South Asian countries are the same; each has its national identity distinct from the nation-state of India. I think it would be a more productive exercise to discuss the reality of geopolitics in South Asia rather than cling on to irredentist claims that is far from warranted.

Nepal didn't choose either India or China. It became a unified state in 1768 and has continued to remain an independent state. There are limitations to our political maneuvering of course, given our landlocked status. But trust me on this, Nepalis resent these calls for "Akhand Bharat" and such. You'll be pushing a lot of potential allies away with such a self-righteous attitude.

Are there two kinds of people Nepali and Nepalese in Nepal?

Some Chinese looked like and some Indian looked like.

Nepali and Nepalese are interchangeable. Nepal is a very diverse country with over 40 different ethnic groups and tribes, with different looks. It is a result of intermingling between peoples who have migrated from Yunnan, Tibet, Kashmir, other northern Indian states. Thus, there is no monolithic Nepalese look.

Some fools like karan21 making idiotic posts,nepal is a great country-i've been there as tourist.Its culturally linked to us for almost our entire history.Also has several holiest hindu shrines.Its people are polite and brave.

Some fools like karan21 making idiotic posts,nepal is a great country-i've been there as tourist.Its culturally linked to us for almost our entire history.Also has several holiest hindu shrines.Its people are polite and brave.

There's so much stereotyping/misunderstanding between Nepalis and Indians yet we are bound by so much of history, culture, religion, and language. The ertswhile Nepalese royals married Indian royals; it also holds true for the general public. I think there needs to be more interaction between our peoples to get to understand and respect each other's cultures.

this some nepali could pass as an indian but some can never that is the fear really if nepal was to join india they would get attacked by being called chinky (they banned the word in india but how do you ban it really it is just hersay) I think the same problem is faced by north east indians from manipur and sikkim there have been reports of attacks against them.

Some nepali people could pass of as indians and I think interegation would be easy and the language is simmilar (also like to point out that it was inforced on nepali people in the 1950's by the rana's) but some look mongoloid it would be difficult for them. Bhutanese they all look mongoloid and there script is far from hindi. I doubt they could ever be part of india. If they did it would be incredibly difficult

1. I don't believe anybody attacks Mongoloid looking people just for their looks, we already have millions of people with Mongoloid features all over India and they are not being beaten up on a regular basis just because they are Mongoloid looking, I am almost certain that the altercation starts over some other issue and then our 'breaking news' hungry media projects it as hate crime.

2. And this issue of 'chinki' is also being blown out of proportion, people of every state in India has one or two such nick names, that maybe offensive and condemnable, but it is not exclusive to Mongoloid looking people only.

3. From where this 'being part of India' comes? Do Nepalis want to be part of India? India & Nepal is already quite integrated, and Nepalis are entitled to a lot of things in India that we only offer to our citizens, so what's wrong with the present relationship of cooperation, trust, & sharing that India & Nepal have, while maintaining the sovereignty of Nepal?

As hindu and buddhist brothers.

All the best for the victory of Thapa who has promised to make Nepal a hindu state again.

As hindu and buddhist brothers.

All the best for the victory of Thapa who has promised to make Nepal a hindu state again.

Please, no. We're better off a secular state.

3. From where this 'being part of India' comes? Do Nepalis want to be part of India? India & Nepal is already quite integrated, and Nepalis are entitled to a lot of things in India that we only offer to our citizens, so what's wrong with the present relationship of cooperation, trust, & sharing that India & Nepal have, while maintaining the sovereignty of Nepal?

THIS! These are my exact thoughts! Trust me, Nepalis DO NOT have any aspirations to be part of India. Yes, we share a common heritage but our national identities are different due to divergent historical experiences. Nepal chose isolation until the 1950s and has no direct colonial experience. I think the status quo should be maintained, as both Nepalis and Indians can work/live in each other's countries, which signifies the political and cultural affinities the two countries share.

No Nepali people would not want to be part of India if you look at history with Sikkim Nepali people went crazy for months on end. The king did a media black out on the subject but people were not happy at all. The whole parliment had a discussion and were in mourning on how the Nepali people in Sikkim were being treated. Even now there is still fear of Annex from India, they call it Sikkimisation.

The question is the same as asking if India want's to be part of Nepal or if India wants to be part of China or Pakistan ?

No Nepali people would not want to be part of India if you look at history with Sikkim Nepali people went crazy for months on end. The king did a media black out on the subject but people were not happy at all. The whole parliment had a discussion and were in mourning on how the Nepali people in Sikkim were being treated. Even now there is still fear of Annex from India, they call it Sikkimisation.

The question is the same as asking if India want's to be part of Nepal or if India wants to be part of China or Pakistan ?

Nepal is a sovereign nation with its own identity and culture, I respect that.India and Nepal have very friendly policies towards each other and a framework for cooperation,I admire that..

But, under no circumstances Nepal or any Nepalese citizen or for that matter anybody in this World gets to question the sovereignty and integrity of India and that includes Sikkim..That's the border line..

People of Sikkim wanted to be with India, and they are not complaining being part of India, now they are proud Indians and we are also proud of our beautiful state Sikkim. As far as I know, Nepal wants to remain a sovereign country, so they will remain a sovereign country, we have no plan to do a "Tibet" there.

I think they dont have much positive view abt Nepalese to be honest and they look down at them because nepalese get very low level jobs in their cities who come as immigrants.

Kind of their version of superiority complex.

its simple act of crime, there are some hate crime against north eartern because for along time both have remained alienated from each other and only recently people have started interacting
Hi Sardar G.:P

Back
Top Bottom