What's new

What BVR misisles India Uses?

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I know about R77. What else?

Pakistan uses at least two types. The AIM-120 and SD-10.

So i am expecting India uses more than two types?

Russia R-27 Semi-active BVRAAM.

French MICA for their Mirage 2000. But its a in between WVRAAM/BVRAAM so its performance for BVRAAM is mediocre.

French MICA for their Mirage 2000. But its a in between WVRAAM/BVRAAM so its performance for BVRAAM is mediocre.
MICA is rubbish.
It cannot operate above 9000 meters

:o::o::o: doubt not the vesic supremacy.

Even French drop Mica and switch to Meteor. But during Kargil War, MICA missile is the one that keeps PAF at bay as PAF F-16 has not any BVRAAM in its inventory.
No, in Kargil war PAF was barred from participating by Pakistani government...

R77 RVV AE, R27ET/ER, Derby, Mica IR/RF,
MICA is rubbish.
It cannot operate above 9000 meters
You are confusing VL- Mica's altitude and range with air launched Mica. There is no limitation for any 3+ gen missile to be launched from max service ceiling of the aircraft.

Meteor will be used on Rafale in future, nothing for now.

They wanted ability to fire meteor from Tejas MK1 or 2 as well but they chose Israeli avionics so meteor can't be used on israeli avionics.

I suspect israeliz will offer them something of their own making in a few years.

Till that time comes we don't have to disclose any missiles others than SD-10A, SD-10B AND SD-10C

China has good bvr reliable wonder which bvr F 22 Uses
F-22 uses AIM-120C and AIM-120D same as F-16 C/D

R-77, R-23 and the Mica which has recently come online.
indian Account general 2014(correction in year needed) reports showed the R-77 stock having shelflife and reliability issues which has led them to prefer the R-23 due to their familiarity with it

R-77, R-23 and the Mica which has recently come online.
indian Account general 2014(correction in year needed) reports showed the R-77 stock having shelflife and reliability issues which has led them to prefer the R-23 due to their familiarity with it
R-77M or K-77m with range of more than 150 km but less than 200 kms is in design phase for use on Sukhoi Su-57 of Russian Air Force will take a few years to finalize.

Main problem K-77m has is its weight its too heavy to maneuver so its only useful for linear non High G flying targets like tankers refulers or awacs aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom