• No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

KhalaiMakhlooq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dna-1.jpg

Has anyone had their DNA/genes tested? To find your ancient tribe and origin?

yDNA is passed from father to child.
mtDNA is passed from mother to child.
Males pass on only yDNA and females pass on only mtDNA.

This way you can trace your human origin.

It would cost me 100€ but I don't care that much about history of my genes.

I took a 23AndMe test. Unsurprisingly, it says I'm pretty much Turkish(which they encompass as Turkey and the Caucasus region) but some Italian somehow got in there. That was interesting.

I'd like to do a more in-depth one, just for fun, but those cost way more because of all the investigative aspects. Don't have the money for that sort of stuff just yet.

I've had my mitochondrial DNA tested which is passed only from mothers. The most surprising/unexpected thing was that it traces furthest back to someone from modern day Finland. So that means one of my great great great(insert a lot more "greats" here) grandmother perhaps lived around that area.

I've had my mitochondrial DNA tested which is passed only from mothers. The most surprising/unexpected thing was that it traces furthest back to someone from modern day Finland. So that means one of my great great great(insert a lot more "greats" here) grandmother perhaps lived around that area.

Fantastic, you can get some really unexpected results. I had mine done, my mtDNA was haplogroup U.

Did you get a haplogroup?

i have my dna is from vedic genes.

Vedic Period. The Vedic Period (or Vedic Age) (c. 1500 – c. 500 B.C.E.) is the period in the history of India during which the Vedas, the oldest sacred texts of Hinduism, were being composed.

I didn't know you could have Vedic genes.

I took a 23AndMe test. Unsurprisingly, it says I'm pretty much Turkish(which they encompass as Turkey and the Caucasus region) but some Italian somehow got in there. That was interesting.

I'd like to do a more in-depth one, just for fun, but those cost way more because of all the investigative aspects. Don't have the money for that sort of stuff just yet.

Did you get any haplogroups? That's usually a better category for mother and father lines.

Fantastic, you can get some really unexpected results. I had mine done, my mtDNA was haplogroup U.

Did you get a haplogroup?
I'll have to find the report to find out. This was more than 6/7 years back when I had this test done. This was way back during my undergrad days at UCLA as part of a research, where they basically offered it for free to willing student participants. I just remembered this part bcuz it was unexpected and so it stood out to me.

No real reason to get one. I doubt mine would deviate too much from the average Pakistani (aka mostly Iranic + South Asian ancestry).

The ethnic breakdowns like what LivingDNA offers interests me much more. They can actually tell you what % Pashtun, Balochi or Sindhi (among others) you are. Since my family is mixed, it would be nice to know which one dominates my bloodline.

Back
Top Bottom