What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Jazzy song from Indonesia

Indra Lesmana with his daughter Eva Cecilia

16evacelia.jpg

@jamahir @Joe Shearer @TheGreatMaratha If you guys like jazzy song

NICE!

If you want to know what I was listening to three pieces ago, listen to this:

Then there is this delectable piece of cultural appropriation by Coke Studio, brilliant musically, very amusing socially (amusing in a bitter-sweet way):

Amusing because it is a Bangali/ Bangladeshi folk song, redolent with a deeper religious metaphor.

Is the language in the 2nd song Indonesian, because the music sounds very Western.

Yup the second song is also Indonesian song. The one who sing is the daughter of the first song singer. Her father is also singing there and it was a live music event.

The original song. @TheGreatMaratha

Yup the second song is also Indonesian song. The one who sing is the daughter of the first song singer. Her father is also singing there and it was a live music event.

The original song. @TheGreatMaratha
It's a good song and the Indonesian language in Western music doesn't feel weird. Bollywood too can try this kind of a fusion.

Majhya Mana

Singer: Shankar Mahadevan
Video Director: Ajay K Naik
Music Director: Ajay K Naik

@Naofumi @jamahir @vishwambhar @Nilgiri

I like the videography. And is the hero going away after rejection ?

And Shankar Mahadevan and Marathi music reminds of the song 'Dil Ki Tapish'.

Jazzy song from Indonesia

Indra Lesmana with his daughter Eva Cecilia

16evacelia.jpg

@jamahir @Joe Shearer @TheGreatMaratha If you guys like jazzy song

Do you have any saxophone-only music ?

It's a good song and the Indonesian language in Western music doesn't feel weird. Bollywood too can try this kind of a fusion.

There are many in Bollywood too. If I have correctly judged what you want, one such is 'Suno Na' from the film Jhankaar Beats.

---

Another song that I like 'Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse' from the film Jackpot. It not only is good but also reminds me of a certain happening.

Nishtha Sharma singing 'Roz Shaam Aati Thi Magar Aisi Na Thi' in The Voice India Kids.

I like the videography. And is the hero going away after rejection ?
Not a rejection as such but he finds out that the girl is after his money. The girl had chosen to marry him just because he was planning to go to America but when she understands the plan of going to America is stalled, she expresses her displeasure and thus the reaction. I had seen the movie a few years ago so some of the details are a bit hazy.
And Shankar Mahadevan and Marathi music reminds of the song 'Dil Ki Tapish'.
The composers of the song you mentioned are Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and the singer is Rahul Deshpande. All the songs in that movie are good with some great acting all around especially by Sachin Pilgaonkar.
There are many in Bollywood too. If I have correctly judged what you want, one such is 'Suno Na' from the film Jhankaar Beats.

---

Another song that I like 'Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse' from the film Jackpot. It not only is good but also reminds me of a certain happening.

Nishtha Sharma singing 'Roz Shaam Aati Thi Magar Aisi Na Thi' in The Voice India Kids.
Listened to all these songs and while they are good (especially Kabhi Jo Baadal Barse), they still aren't very close to Western music like the ones @Indos had shared as you can still feel the Indian elements in the song. It would be difficult to call it a proper fusion.

Back
Top Bottom