What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Found this oldie and what a song
No idea on lyrics or meaning lol

Regd. Songs from Aradhana (movie) specifically, growing up my parents had a casette tape of these ones (like kora kagaz tha, roop tera mastana, chanda hai tu etc)...tape got very worn out by time I was older haha (now everything is nice and digital or even online...but I miss the "warm crackling" in the old tape). These are the songs that stay in the heart fully entrenched.

Kishore dada, he gave Rafi run for his money for sure...sometimes even surpassed (imo)!

Lataji is on level of her own of course.

Whats your opinion @Joe Shearer @jamahir @TheGreatMaratha et al?

Must also mention Burman senior and Burman junior, no one compares imo when it comes to their exquisite expertise and nuance in the field....even their greatest ones are too many to list.

I was just 8 years old (visiting India with family) when I heard this song (played nearly everywhere ubiquitously) composed by Pancham Da (lyrics by venerable Javed Akhtar), the movie was just freshly released iirc...one of his last compositions sadly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afM5lIEyQsU

Regd. Songs from Aradhana (movie) specifically, growing up my parents had a casette tape of these ones (like kora kagaz tha, roop tera mastana, chanda hai tu etc)...tape got very worn out by time I was older haha (now everything is nice and digital or even online...but I miss the "warm crackling" in the old tape). These are the songs that stay in the heart fully entrenched.

Kishore dada, he gave Rafi run for his money for sure...sometimes even surpassed (imo)!

Whats your opinion @Joe Shearer @jamahir @TheGreatMaratha et al?

Must also mention Burman senior and Burman junior, no one compares imo when it comes to their exquisite expertise and nuance in the field....even their greatest ones are too many to list.

I was just 8 years old (visiting India with family) when I heard this song (played nearly everywhere ubiquitously) composed by Pancham Da (lyrics by venerable Javed Akhtar), the movie was just freshly released iirc...one of his last compositions sadly:

Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi, RD Burman were certainly really good singers and honestly it's really difficult to compare these greats. But I also like Mukesh and his songs like 'Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye', 'Kya Khoob Lagti ho', 'Suhana Safar' , 'Sawan ka Mahina', etc.

Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi, RD Burman were certainly really good singers and honestly it's really difficult to compare these greats. But I also like Mukesh and his songs like 'Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye', 'Kya Khoob Lagti ho', 'Suhana Safar' , 'Sawan ka Mahina', etc.

Yes Mukesh is definitely right up there too....he actually has lot of great songs past ones you mention.

Actually there is lot of worthy singers (some careers also were quite short/limited)...I just mostly grew up (for North Indian male voice) listening to Kishore and Rafi.

Came across this Whatsapp forward. Two cute kids singing a very popular song 'Ruperi Valut Madanchya Banaat'

@jamahir @Naofumi

@padamchen I'm not sure whether you have heard this or not but it's a good one.

Nice attempt.

The original song for reference.

Album: Kavi Gaurav Shantaram Nandgaokar
Artist: Asha Bhonsale
Music Director: Anil-Arun
Lyricist: Shantaram Nandgaokar

Is this a sad song ? What does it mean ?

And it is good that you are crediting the lyricist too.

Ha ha, by all accounts some of the main points of this film were its music and a young-looking Anil Kapoor.

Yes, though I recall one song of Rafi - 'Jab Bhi Yeh Dil Udaas Hota Hai'. Has the dashing Kabir Bedi and the graceful Simi Garewal.

And this is a brilliant cover of the same song on the Pakistani TV channel Geo News by Khalid Baig ( and nicely supported by the woman singer - do you know her name @Cliftonite @Zibago @RealNapster ? ). The musicians are also good.

The 2003 film Jhankaar Beats was also a dedication to Burman junior. I like the song 'Suno Na'.

'Chupke Chupke Chal Ri Purvaiya' is one that has both Lata and Burman junior.

'Saawan Ke Jhoolay Pade' is another one that has both.

Nice attempt.
They didn't pronounce some words properly but they are kids after all.

Is this a sad song ? What does it mean ?

And it is good that you are crediting the lyricist too.
Actually, I didn't go to Marathi school so it's a bit difficult for me to understand words in many songs. Many of my friends have better vocabulary than me. Even then, I can try.

'Ruperi' is silver. 'Valu' is sand so 'vaalut' is sand. I don't know what's 'Madanchya Banat'. Madan could be a name or something else. 'Ye' is basically come. This isn't a sad but a romantic song.

Back
Top Bottom