What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Lets do a little game @Hell hound @WAJsal @LA se Karachi @django @Path-Finder et al.

Post an original and what you think is the best cover, and give your opinion on which is better...then post your own reply of another (original +cover)...and lets see if we can keep going. You can post other covers of the same original too if you feel they are better etc.

I'll start:

I prefer the original, but LB did good job overall.

Lets do a little game @Hell hound @WAJsal @LA se Karachi @django @Path-Finder et al.

Post an original and what you think is the best cover, and give your opinion on which is better...then post your own reply of another (original +cover)...and lets see if we can keep going. You can post other covers of the same original too if you feel they are better etc.

I'll start:

MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD by David bowie
cover by the nirvana
cover by Midge ure
i must admit i like the nirvana one better.

Last edited:
cover by the nirvana
cover by Midge ure

A great song, always thought it would be a neat James Bond intro song.

Lulu's cover was good too:

You are right Kurt did a great job on it too, back when MTV meant something...may he RIP.....

I do however prefer the original over the covers again :P Very few times covers surpass the originals. I will post a few instances (imo) later.

You are right Kurt did a great job on it too, back when MTV meant something...may he RIP.....
yeah those were the days:agree: RIP both of them:(
A great song, always thought it would be a neat James Bond intro song.
it is one of the main theme song of metal gear solid 5 and it does fit perfectly well there:tup:
I do however prefer the original over the covers again :P Very few times covers surpass the originals.
believe me it was a very hard choice.

Arey yeh kya bakwas hai? Get an internet life people.:lol:

I'll start:

I've heard both before. Personally, I like Limp Bizkit's version better mostly because of how Fred Durst sings the song, and his voice in general. Still, the original has an authentic, more folksy sound that I appreciate.

cover by the nirvana
cover by Midge ure

I actually like Midge Ure's version the most. It's a bit darker. I like that.

However, all of them leave something to be desired though, while I do like them.

Okay here's mine:

While I like both, I greatly prefer No Doubt's version. I find it to be more energetic and entrancing.

I actually like Midge Ure's version the most. It's a bit darker. I like that.

However, all of them leave something to be desired though, while I do like them.

Okay here's mine:

While I like both, I greatly prefer No Doubt's version. I find it to be more energetic and entrancing.

1st video didnt work on my end so I'll post this one:

BTW I agree with you, but I have a more sentimental connection with original hehe....

Back
Top Bottom