What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

ewwwwwww she is ppp

Yeah!!!!!!

altaf-520x245.jpg

Kishore Kumar is one of the greatest gems its true.

Indeed, ilaiyaraja is one of a kind, and always will be. BTW lyrics here composed by that vairamuthu guy I mentioned earlier somewhere....how much can you understand (just interested)?

SPB at his prime here too....he got close to yesudas prime in quality here and some other notable songs he did.

Ummmm let me try.
"Ilayi Nila Pozhigiradhai"- something to do with moon. Or is it the moon is shining?
"Ithayam varay nenaygirathay"- something something till my heart.
"Ulaa poogum megham kana kaanume"- Megham means clouds, poogum means goes.
"Vaname...vaname"- calling out to the sky?

Hehehe
I understand Tamil in bits and parts. Gosh! Never struck me that I didn't understand the meaning of this song.
Balasubramanian and Yesudas are legends. I enjoy listening to their songs and I would never compare SPB with Yesudas.:disagree:
The first time I heard a Balasubramanian song was in a Hindi movie, prolly a Salman khan starrer.
Translate the song for me pls. :)

Ummmm let me try.
"Ilayi Nila Pozhigiradhai"- something to do with moon. Or is it the moon is shining?
"Ithayam varay nenaygirathay"- something something till my heart.
"Ulaa poogum megham kana kaanume"- Megham means clouds, poogum means goes.
"Vaname...vaname"- calling out to the sky?

Hehehe
I understand Tamil in bits and parts. Gosh! Never struck me that I didn't understand the meaning of this song.
Balasubramanian and Yesudas are legends. I enjoy listening to their songs and I would never compare SPB with Yesudas.:disagree:
The first time I heard a Balasubramanian song was in a Hindi movie, prolly a Salman khan starrer.
Translate the song for me pls. :)

Not bad at all!

Yah first cpl lines are kind of saying ...young moon is shining, its wetting/soaking my heart

Cloud (megham) bit...(ill try my best)....i guess poetically he is saying "the clouds are going for their dreams, sky is celebrating festival (lighting the lights - vilaku)"

Next sentence is tough..hmmm....I guess in english its like saying the moon gets wet in the dew, wipes its face with the clouds and walks till the break of day.

Guess ill just keep going (ignoring the repeated lines):

There in the sky, a stream of clouds , a very pleasing sight

(which) prompts the dreams in the eyes of a young girl

(main chorus)

2nd part:

Clouds are scattering, have they gotten lost (lost address)?

(Having) lost the address, will they cry and is that rain?

There are silver streams in the sky, what do they mean/show?

Who put those 9 stones in the sky? (Planets)

It all sounds so much better and flows way better in Tamil hehe.

Not bad at all!

Yah first cpl lines are kind of saying ...young moon is shining, its wetting/soaking my heart

Cloud (megham) bit...(ill try my best)....i guess poetically he is saying "the clouds are going for their dreams, sky is celebrating festival (lighting the lights - vilaku)"

Next sentence is tough..hmmm....I guess in english its like saying the moon gets wet in the dew, wipes its face with the clouds and walks till the break of day.

Guess ill just keep going (ignoring the repeated lines):

There in the sky, a stream of clouds , a very pleasing sight

(which) prompts the dreams in the eyes of a young girl

(main chorus)

2nd part:

Clouds are scattering, have they gotten lost (lost address)?

(Having) lost the address, will they cry and is that rain?

There are silver streams in the sky, what do they mean/show?

Who put those 9 stones in the sky? (Planets)

It all sounds so much better and flows way better in Tamil hehe.
Its beautiful.
Thank you for translating it for me. You sound like a poet yourself. :-)

Back
Top Bottom