What's new

West Bengal people to help Police to nab illegal Bangladeshi migrants

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India
In a bid to identify Bangladeshis staying illegally in the city, the special branch (SB) of the Mumbai police would be taking help of people from West Bengal (WB). For the last few days, the SB has started a drive to catch Bangladeshi nationals staying in the city without valid papers. Nawal Bajaj, additional commissioner of police (SB), said they have arrested over 200 such Bangladeshis so far during raids.
Officials said Bangladeshis manage to pass off as Indians many a times and tell the police that they belong to WB. However, there are finer points like their dialect and local information of the native place in WB, which they may not be aware of. In order to ensure they do not pass off as WB residents, those who are well aware about the background and finer details of the state are helping the SB, officials said. They added that detailed instructions have been issued to the ‘I’ branch of the SB, which looks after the movement of Bangladeshi and Pakistani nationals in the city, to ensure that the drive is successful.

The ‘I’ branch will spearhead the operations. Every visitor from Bangladesh and Pakistan is required to report to the ‘I’ branch on arrival, by law.

Officials said that they suspect that many Bangladeshis are residing in the city without the requisite documents and the SB would deport them to Bangladesh after identifying and ascertaining their identity.

Officials said that many Bangladeshis work as labourers in the city and police have now warned labour contractors asking them not to employ Bangladeshi nationals illegally.

WB natives to help cops catch illegal Bangladeshi migrants - Hindustan Times

they have become big trouble makers in metro's...roll and dispatch them back from where they really belong..

Thank you WB people for your effort to eliminate confusion. I think they should also hire Bihari too to identifying non Bengalis as those Biharis also misidentified as Bangladehis.

Thank you WB people for your effort to eliminate confusion. I think they should also hire Bihari too to identifying non Bengalis as those Biharis also misidentified as Bangladehis.

Absolutely Its a Far Humane way of Identifying Transgressors and send them Back from where they came from . Some Police force from Bangladesh side should also be involved in this initiative .

its time to make a section of illegal migrants threads ?:police:

Absolutely Its a Far Humane way of Identifying Transgressors and send them Back from where they came from . Some Police force from Bangladesh side should also be involved in this initiative .

We have paid border police at the immigration offices in the border. Bring them if you find any. We have our own procedure to identify BD citizen including bio metrics. In BD nobody can escape.

I have no issues with bangladeshis personally, so long as they are here legally.

Also, i hope this "drive" to "root out bangladeshis" would stop in India. Ultimately, they are just poor people looking for work and hoping to sustain their families back home with their income.

A little less hate please.

I have no issues with bangladeshis personally, so long as they are here legally.

Also, i hope this "drive" to "root out bangladeshis" would stop in India. Ultimately, they are just poor people looking for work and hoping to sustain their families back home with their income.

A little less hate please.

These shameless Indians should have some self respect when their own country's minister said all this illegal migrant hoax is nothing but heresy which is propagated by interested group in their own parliament back in 2003 but still same crap is going on even after a decade.

Minister eats his figures

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Nation

ALOKE TIKKU

New Delhi, July 23: The Union home ministry has rubbished its own statistics of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants in Assam and Bengal.

Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi had earlier protested to Manmohan Singh about the home ministry presenting inflated figures of Bangladeshi immigrants in his state. This had prompted the Prime Minister to indicate he would have the ministry take a relook at the statistics.

Today, minister of state for home Sriprakash Jaiswal said in a statement tabled in the Rajya Sabha that his ministry’s statistics for Assam and Bengal were unreliable and based on hearsay.

He was referring to figures he had tabled in the upper House that said Assam was home to an estimated 50 lakh illegal immigrants from Bangladesh and Bengal another 57 lakh. The figures were based on estimates made by the Group of Ministers on security headed by former deputy Prime Minister L.K. Advani.

Jaiswal’s “correction” of his reply to Parliament last week, however, did not question the credibility of statistics relating to other states.

Like Delhi, for instance, which has an estimated 3.75 lakh illegal Bangladeshi immigrants; Nagaland 59,500; Tripura 3.25 lakh, Meghalaya and Orissa 30,000 each, Bihar 4.79 lakh, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands 3,000.

Jaiswal’s reply had put the number of Bangladeshi immigrants in India in December 2001 at 1.2 crore.

The minister of state today suggested he had given the figures without noticing a clarificatory note from the field organisation (intelligence agencies).

He set out to trash his ministry’s figures, claiming that this “clarificatory note” made it clear that the reported figures
“were not based on any comprehensive or sample study but were based on hearsay and that too from interested parties”.

About time people take things into their hands. I have a request to all fellow Northeasterners as well to take such initiative as it is your hometowns that will be in danger if you relax and let these political vermin be in charge.

About time people take things into their hands. I have a request to all fellow Northeasterners as well to take such initiative as it is your hometowns that will be in danger if you relax and let these political vermin be in charge.

Back
Top Bottom