What's new

Welcome to Sonmiani

I read somewhere that baloch government refuse to give land for this port !!!!

I mean I cant believe we've had this piece of real estate for 60 years and we're just beginning to invest in the place. Work on this port should be started as soon as possible. I hope the local beauty isnt destroyed though.

I support more to make it a tourist resort only and port should be made at someother place further away from Karachi, e.g. Jiwani.

Batman's got a point.

You can't eat your cake and have it too...its either gonna be a port, or a tourist destination.

This is indeed good, developing this location. What about Omara, Pasni on the Makran coastline? Sonmiani is near the Hub river area where Balochistan and Sindh meet?

i never know Sonmiani is a beauty place........ and there is a beach in sonmiani

i thought it's exclusive for Suparco and Pakistan Atomic Commission work etc and always the military would be taking over of it

i never know Sonmiani is a beauty place........ and there is a beach in sonmiani

i thought it's exclusive for Suparco and Pakistan Atomic Commission work etc and always the military would be taking over of it

military takes care of places better then our government...Fortress stadium Lahore for example

When I was in Karachi with my family at that time Sonmiani was used as firing range for PAF and favorite hunting sport for military persons .My father always come with different delicious birds and fish when he was in some type of exercises, my mother always cooked them very perfectly....I only know this about sonmiani..:coffee::pop:

I can't see a single picture! Even the hyper links are broken

092601fa49f15611492186806e5fe696.gif

Sonmiani, Pakistan Page
Other names: Sonmiāni,Sonmiyani,Sōnmiyāni,Sunnnani
World:Pakistan:Balochistan
Latitude 25.4228 Longitude 66.5956 Altitude (feet) 3
Lat (DMS) 25° 25' 22N Long (DMS) 66° 35' 44E Altitude (meters) 0
Time zone (est) UTC+5
Approximate population for 7 km radius from this point: 2101
Google links for Sonmiani Google links for Sonmiani, Pakistan
Mid-range map of Sonmiani Large range map of Sonmiani
1ed209ec66d466c7dc7b5bf256a71416._.png

719322e34101abeddb65d47e6c8e6a8a._.png

6092b3b137301fb3b84c0ec3bab9e804._.png

Nearby Cities and Towns
West North East South
Adi (3.4 nm)
Damb (2.5 nm) Musa Razu (3.0 nm) Goth Haji Ahmed (2.4 nm) Ambagh Pir Ziarat (5.0 nm)
Nearby airports:
Code IATA Name City Distance Bearing Airlines
OPMR MASROOR Karachi 36 nm S 149
OPSF SHAREA FAISAL 43 nm S 139
OPKC KHI JINNAH INTL Karachi 43 nm S 135 Check
FR4364 JAM NIDA NORTHWEST 67 nm E 46
Pages in Wikipedia that reference near here:
Distance Title
4.3 nm SE Windar
15.2 nm N Makran Coastal Highway
15.8 nm SE Sonmiani
16.2 nm S Sonmiani Bay