What's new

Welcome Home, Pervez Musharraf The Great Leader Of Pakistan

any one who is supporting musharaf bcuz he gave pakistan economy stability in his time is infact wrong ,if u wan't that stability again u could have anyone in pakistan's higher office willing to do wot and just wish another bush makes it to the white house,and wallah! without bush even musharaf could not have stabilised the pak economy for so long,bush and his low brain activity were the key to the whole equation

[SUB][/SUB]
Thing is why even those 5000 had to die just because one general sitting in Rawalpindi wants to get a pat on his back.
You created TTP, you should know what to do. Why getting worried my friend.
Propaganda! Drones are not comin over India. :D

stupid indian mind on work?:lol:
yes drones not commn from india but finances for ttp?yes cause TTp is a creation of yours?;)
no genrl at anywhere can sit & close his eyes on the murder of its citizens & soilders?:wave:

any one who is supporting musharaf bcuz he gave pakistan economy stability in his time is infact wrong ,if u wan't that stability again u could have anyone in pakistan's higher office willing to do wot and just wish another bush makes it to the white house,and wallah! without bush even musharaf could not have stabilised the pak economy for so long,bush and his low brain activity were the key to the whole equation
& for every bush do we need another, 9/11 & OBL? should come up better thn that silly equation?:lol::wave::no:

stupid indian mind on work?:lol:
yes drones not commn from india but finances for ttp?yes cause TTp is a creation of yours?;)
no genrl at anywhere can sit & close his eyes on the murder of its citizens & soilders?:wave:

& for every bush do we need another, 9/11 & OBL? should come up better thn that silly equation?:lol::wave::no:

Indians and financing TTP and Americans are sending drones to target them wallah you have no brain it looks like Pakistan is the new war proxy between Amreeka and India...when both of them are allies..WTF!

All those supporting Musharraf so blindly would do well to remember his illegal dismissal of courts and the NRO and all the disasters it caused. Also, he will fade away as he will not be able to mislead enough people to find traction in the elections.

Musharraf is a FAIL himself.
faild courts? ohh the same courts which took oath from him? what are we talking about apples or oranges?:P

Indians and financing TTP and Americans are sending drones to target them wallah you have no brain it looks like Pakistan is the new war proxy between Amreeka and India...when both of them are allies..WTF!

ohh thanks genious , you forgot the target? its pakistan?:lol:
indians finance TTp , to make pakarmy bzy at its own land while, drones were the mutual product of PAK GOVT & USA GOVT to kill hard core terrorists? which they really did!;)
its really stupid, sympthizing with terrorists , who are killing massivly the innocent peoples of pakistan, peoples killed in drones are till less, thn those killed in TTp led attacks on civillians & army?:wave:

Is the rumor that Mossad is providing Mush with personal security correct? It is a fact that Mush had warmed up to Israel during his reign. It was also reported during his ouster that the Israelis were the first to offer him asylum. Put that in the context of the Ahmedis and Zionists having a global strategic alliance.

how can he be racist @Oscar bhayya?

I dont see any other explanation.
Since previously he used to call me Indian because of my ethnicity. Chalo, that's a typical sentiment from the north.
Now, being anti-Musharraf who is from the same ethnicity is being an India-lover. But by his previous logic Musharraf is also an Indian, so ipso facto one cannot be Anti-Musharraf and Pro-Indian at the same time since that contradicts his first logic.
Its just very confusing :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Realistically the only way and i mean the only way musharraf can win in this election was if imran khan,Abdul qadeer and TUQ never came into politics..... then he would have gotten support on the basis of finding no one else. Realistically musharraf has no chance what-so-ever of winning his own seat much less win the election.... the drama was gone for five years and is now only back when the GOVT is completely over... what a loser.

I dont see any other explanation.
Since previously he used to call me Indian because of my ethnicity. Chalo, that's a typical sentiment from the north.
Now, being anti-Musharraf who is from the same ethnicity is being an India-lover. But by his previous logic Musharraf is also an Indian, so ipso facto one cannot be Anti-Musharraf and Pro-Indian at the same time since that contradicts his first logic.
Its just very confusing :cheesy:

Only in Pakistan!

Where an outsider can call names and act racist to a native (assuming you are not an Ashraf as well).

Yu'n to syed bhi ho, mirza bhi ho, afghan bhi ho, Tum sabhi kuch ho, bataao to musalmaan bhi ho ?
bataao to Pakistani bhi ho ??

Apparently, there is no place for anyone who doesn't belong to these supposedly "noble" categories and is a humble native?

Time for the natives to take control. The "Ashrafs" have done enough damage.

If I may jump in here, into this most interesting of topics. I don't believe any sane individual would have had Musharraf make any decision post 9/11, other than to support America. In fact, 9/11 provided us with the golden opportunity to escape from the claws of extremism with the backing of the foremost super power. Where it all fell apart was in the kind of concessions Musharraf made that, for all intents and purposes, sold the nation's foreign and domestic policy to the highest bidder. The problem with foreign policy on the Afghani border is that no one knows when these foreign issues suddenly become domestic ones.

Musharraf made the right call by going along with the Americans. He made the wrong call in allowing them to do as they please at every turn. He made the wrong call in not procuring enough military hardware and economic aid to offset the affects of a long drawn out war. He made the wrong call in simultaneously helping the extremists in order to preserve Pakistan's position in a post-US Afghani hierarchy. He made the wrong call in not putting all resources to use on the western border and annihilating the extremist in one swift motion. He did wrong in sending the domestic public misleading messages in regards to Pakistan's role in WOT. A message of a reluctant follower as opposed to a nation fighting for the survival of all that it holds dear. He did wrong, in essence, in leaving behind a tattered Pakistan to whomever would be the next leader.

By the standards of Pakistani politics, Musharraf was not a terrible leader. But if that is going to be the barometer of success, then Pakistan is doomed. Musharraf's greatest perceived accomplishment; one of economic growth, was a byproduct of American aid and a wider global boom. If he were to come back into power, short term economic growth would almost inevitably follow. Partly because the nation can hardly stagnate further and partly because the Western world has far greater confidence in a political player who did everything but sell off parcels of Pakistani land, in order to appease them. By conveniently letting Zardari's government take the fall for playing both sides in WOT, a policy he oversaw from inception, Musharraf comes across as the ideal candidate for the West.

I wonder then, would a short term economic recovery be worth sacrificing even more power to the Americans and the like? The question interests me because Musharraf's supporters see him as our chance to escape the complete dominance the Americans have over us. The problem is: he put us in this situation in the first place; can he really be relied on to get us out of it?

If I may jump in here, into this most interesting of topics. I don't believe any sane individual would have had Musharraf make any decision post 9/11, other than to support America. In fact, 9/11 provided us with the golden opportunity to escape from the claws of extremism with the backing of the foremost super power. Where it all fell apart was in the kind of concessions Musharraf made that, for all intents and purposes, sold the nation's foreign and domestic policy to the highest bidder. The problem with foreign policy on the Afghani border is that no one knows when these foreign issues suddenly become domestic ones.

Musharraf made the right call by going along with the Americans. He made the wrong call in allowing them to do as they please at every turn. He made the wrong call in not procuring enough military hardware and economic aid to offset the affects of a long drawn out war. He made the wrong call in simultaneously helping the extremists in order to preserve Pakistan's position in a post-US Afghani hierarchy. He made the wrong call in not putting all resources to use on the western border and annihilating the extremist in one swift motion. He did wrong in sending the domestic public misleading messages in regards to Pakistan's role in WOT. A message of a reluctant follower as opposed to a nation fighting for the survival of all that it holds dear. He did wrong, in essence, in leaving behind a tattered Pakistan to whomever would be the next leader.

By the standards of Pakistani politics, Musharraf was not a terrible leader. But if that is going to be the barometer of success, then Pakistan is doomed. Musharraf's greatest perceived accomplishment; one of economic growth, was a byproduct of American aid and a wider global boom. If he were to come back into power, short term economic growth would almost inevitably follow. Partly because the nation can hardly stagnate further and partly because the Western world has far greater confidence in a political player who did everything but sell off parcels of Pakistani land, in order to appease them. By conveniently letting Zardari's government take the fall for playing both sides in WOT, a policy he oversaw from inception, Musharraf comes across as the ideal candidate for the West.

I wonder then, would a short term economic recovery be worth sacrificing even more power to the Americans and the like? The question interests me because Musharraf's supporters see him as our chance to escape the complete dominance the Americans have over us. The problem is: he put us in this situation in the first place; can he really be relied on to get us out of it?

Well said, Sir.

I think history will have a hard time judging which dictator proved to be more disastrous for Pakistan in the long run: Zia or Musharraf. The jury is still out on this one.

its the basic cruoption of 13 years by BB & NS of 90s which put us, in there frist hand what was karaz utaroo mulk sanwaro?

50 reasons Pakistan needs Musharraf
October 9, 2010
50 reasons Pakistan needs Musharraf – The Express Tribune Blog
The General is poised to return
Prime Minister Gilani said at the National Assembly session to leave former president Pervez Musharraf to himself and let him exercise his right to a political career in Pakistan. President Zardari said that if Musharraf wants to return, he will have to cross the same bumpy road as him to get to the presidency or premiership. Nawaz Sharif, Chaudhry Shujaat and the remaining politicians, including religious parties, want him tried for treason, Dr Aafia’s case and introducing extremism in the country.

Since the launch of his party on October 1, Musharraf has been on a political offensive. He has talked about the deal with Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto. He has also reportedly accepted that the military trained jihadis to force India to the discussion table to resolve the Kashmir issue – a statement which he has now backtracked from.

His opinions and speeches have led most of his opponents to start wondering what he’s been smoking!

However, these are just some of the achievements of the man when he was in and out of uniform.

1. Nine world class engineering universities were developed and 18 public universities further developed.

2. Pakistan was ranked third in world banking profitability.

3. The IT industry was valued at around $2 billion, including $1 billion in exports and employed around 90,000 professionals.

4. The CNG sector attracted over $70 billion in investment in the past five years and created 45,000 jobs.

5. The telecommunications sector attracted around $10 billion in investments and created over 1.3 million jobs.

6. Industrial parks were set up throughout the country for the first time.

7. Mega projects such as the Saindak, Rekodiq, marble production, coal production, mining and quarrying were pursued.

8. Foreign reserves increased from $700 million to $17 billion.

9. The Karachi stock market went from 700 points to 15,000 points.

10. The literacy rate improved by 11 per cent.

11. Poverty decreased by 10 per cent.

12. Four dams were built: Mirani, Subakzai, Gomalzam, Khurram, and Tangi,

13. Seven motorways were completed or were under construction,

14. Gwadar, an advanced sea port, was developed,

15. 650 kilometres of coastal highways were constructed.

16. A historic 100% increase in tax collection (amounting to Rs1 trillion) was observed.

17. Large scale manufacturing was at a 30-year high, and construction at a 17-year high.

18. Copper and gold deposits were found in Chagai, worth about $600 million annually if sold.

19. A new oil refinery with the UAE that could process 300,000 oil barrels a day was established.

20. The industrial sector registered 26 per cent growth.

21. The economy was the third fastest growing economy after China and India .

22. The Institute of Space Technology was established.

23. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University Quetta was established.

24. The University of Science and Technology, Bannu, was established.

25. The University of Hazara was founded.

26. The Malakand University in Chakdara was established.

27. The University of Gujrat was established

28. The Virtual University of Pakistan was established

29. Sarhad University of IT in Peshawar was established

30. The National Law University in Islamabad was established

31. The Media University in Islamabad was established

32. University of Education in Lahore was established

33. Lasbela University of Marine Sciences, Baluchistan, was established

34. Baluchistan University of IT & Management, Quetta (2002)

35. The Pakistan economy was worth $ 160 billion in 2007

36. GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) was $ 475.5 billion in 2007

37. The GDP per Capita in 2007 was $ 1000

38. Revenue collection in 2007/08 was Rs1.002 billion

39. Exports in 2007were worth $18.5 billion

40. Textile exports in 2007 were worth $11.2 billion

41. Foreign direct investment in 2007 was $8.5 billion

42. Debt servicing in 2007 was 26 per cent of the GDP

43. The poverty level in 2007 was 24 per cent

44. The literacy rate in 2007 was 53 per cent

45. Pakistan development programs in 2007 were valued at Rs520 billion

46. The Karachi stock exchange in 2007 was $70 billion at 15,000 points

47. Exports in 2007: $18.5 billion

48. Pakistan now has a total of 245,682 educational institutions in all categories, including 164,579 in the public sector and 81,103 in the private sector, according to the National Education Census (NEC-2005).

49. There are now more than 5,000 Pakistanis doing PhDs in foreign countries on scholarship. 300 Pakistanis receive PhD degrees every year, in 1999, the number was just 20.

50. In total, 99,319 educational institutions increased in Musharraf’s era!

This was some of the good Musharraf delivered to Pakistan during his martially-democratic rule from 1999 to 2008. Strange how quickly we forget his foreign policy efforts, which helped elevate the image of Pakistan globally added acceptance value to our green passports. Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution and praised the man for his sincerity, honesty and amicable handling of the issues.

now bring in what the dam damocrazy has given pakistan before & after musharaf?

At a precipice

At a precipice - Atta-ur-Rahman
Atta-ur-Rahman
Saturday, March 23, 2013
From Print Edition

573 450 106 5

Pakistan stands devastated today due to unprecedented massive corruption. According to a recent report by Transparency International Pakistan the last five years have been the worst in the history of Pakistan with over Rs18 trillion (about $180 billion) having been looted by our government officials and their cronies appointed in different organisations.

Pakistan has dropped from being the 45th most corrupt country to the 35th most corrupt country in the world during this period. There are dozens of mega scam cases including the Rental Power Projects case of Rs45 billion involving Raja Ashraf; the Rs20 billion corruption in Pakistan Steel; Rs150 billion in KESC; Rs8 billion in NICL, and a host of other mega scams in PIA, Railways, NICL, Ogra, LNG import case, Hajj scandal; Rs400 billion in the PSO case and a large number of other cases including the Neelum Jhelum project, OGDCL, CDA, NHA, SSGCL, SNGPL, Wapda, Punjab Bank swindle etc.

A huge amount of money has been lost in land scams and in the FBR. The poor are dying of hunger and many are resorting to robberies and kidnappings, while the rulers construct palaces abroad and amass funds looted from the people in foreign bank accounts.

In a press conference on December 12, 2012, the NAB chairman acknowledged that corruption levels had reached as high as Rs10-12 billion per day. Having the complete freedom to appoint heads of public sector organisations and other government institutions, the prime ministers and the ‘honourable’ ministers appointed corrupt individuals to head these institutions.

The economic strangulation of Pakistan is apparent from the fact that our national debt has more than doubled during the last five years, and the rupee has collapsed from about Rs60 in 2008 to about Rs100 against the dollar presently. Both the former prime ministers that ruled over the country during the last five years are under investigation for massive corruption.

The Supreme Court found itself fighting losing battles, trying to do what it could, but helpless to have its orders implemented. The hope that the process of democracy will serve as a self-cleansing mechanism are a fool’s dream; for democracy to work, the first prerequisite is proper education.

Only when the people are able to read and understand the manifestos of the various political parties do they have the power of choice. This power has been taken away from them by the feudal mindset of our rulers by ensuring that little is spent on education. Pakistan spends about 1.8 percent of its GDP on education, with the result that we are ranked among the bottom seven countries of the world in terms of investment on education.

The repeated attempts to destroy the Higher Education Commission (HEC) during the last three years as well as cutting its budget by half reflect their diseased minds.

Pakistan stands at a precipice. The key to our future prosperity lies in education. India has decided to invest 120,000 crore in the current five-year plan in higher education. The number of Indian institutes of technology has been raised from seven to sixteen, and 200 new universities and 40 centres of excellence are being established.

In Pakistan, one of the first steps that the PPP government took after coming into power was to cancel the projects of foreign engineering universities three months before classes were about to commence in various cities of Pakistan.

Similarly, projects for the establishment of four law universities in the provincial capitals were abandoned. A systematic plan to destroy the higher education, science and technology sectors resulted in repeated attacks on the HEC which I prevented by repeatedly going to the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Ms Marvi Memon, Mr Azam Swati and Prof G A Miana have admirably supported the HEC in petitions in the SC and the Sindh High Court.

The present system of so-called ‘democracy’ has indeed proved to be the best revenge – revenge against the people of Pakistan. The only hope for Pakistan is to drastically change the system of democracy. Repeating the process of elections without proper electoral reforms is suicidal.

The role of parliament should be confined only to lawmaking and oversight, and parliamentarians should not be eligible to become ministers so that there is no attraction of the corrupt to become its members.

The chief executive of the country should have complete freedom to choose his team of cabinet ministers from the most competent persons available in the country. Public sector organisations should be completely independent of the government, so that corrupt leaders cannot appoint their stooges to run them. The dreams of the Quaid and Iqbal lie shattered.

Elections are around the corner and we are all set to hold these without proper election reforms. At least 60 to 90 days were needed to properly scrutinise the credentials of those who wish to contest the next elections but barely 14 days may be given to the Election Commission.

Although the Election Commission had five years to carry out these reforms, nothing was done and now at the last moment it is going through the motions – that too only after Dr Allama Tahirul Qadri had shaken the country with his fiery speeches and the long march to Islamabad. Unless electoral reforms are fully and properly implemented, many of the same corrupt people will come back as members of the national and provincial assemblies and continue to loot and plunder.

Pakistan is not short of honest and competent persons in various fields. However, if they made the mistake of contesting the elections, they would not stand a chance of being elected unless the Election Commission introduced major electoral reforms that ensured elimination of unsuitable candidates. This involves (a) formulation of proper criteria of the qualities that the candidates should possess and (b) their careful screening prior to the election process.

The future of Pakistan lies in our hands. We do not need the continuation of this so-called “democracy”, as the country will surely not survive it for another five years. Basic changes are needed in our governance system so that we never see a repetition of what has happened in Pakistan. The crooks that have plundered the national wealth must be caught and punished in an exemplary fashion so that future leaders would not dare to indulge in corruption.

Pakistan is burning. We need to act before it is too late.

The writer is the former federal minister for science and technology and former chairman of the Higher Education Commission.Email: ibne_sina@hotmail.com

@Oscar you hurt about being called an Indian?

Musharraf is from India, but doesn't consider himself an Indian.

You pander to Indian propagandists and thus I called you an Indian lover,not Indian.

I don't know your reasons; possibly you still have family there.

Stop trying to make this about yourself.

I take jabs at you out of fun, not to hurt your feelings.

@Oscar you hurt about being called an Indian?

Musharraf is from India, but doesn't consider himself an Indian.

You pander to Indian propagandists and thus I called you an Indian lover,not Indian.

I don't know your reasons; possibly you still have family there.

Stop trying to make this about yourself.

I take jabs at you out of fun, not to hurt your feelings.

Im far from hurt, I find it funny.
So how I pander to Indian propagandists?
What is Indian propaganda?

Back
Top Bottom