What's new

Weak Yen Hits South Korean Car Makers

I just don't want the country to be too dependent on non-renewable imports, and be subject to the whim of the oil producers as seen in the 1970's oil embargo. Japan can't afford that, and analyzing China (a huge nation with over 1.4 billion people), this threat can affect overall development. This is why I'm such a big supporter of renewable energy such as wind power, solar power, nuclear power.

You're right about the issue of plug-in stations. Perhaps, in time these will develop as there is a trend towards electric cars. For me, i just doubt the sustainability of oil imports, heck, even shale fracking that the US is now dominating is only good for several decades. In the end, its only delaying the inevitability.

Japan's been making strides in energy efficient cars. I think that Japan should cooperate with China in this field. Sustainability is so important.

Nuclear energy is potentially hazardous and very damaging and also not truely renewable at present technology I think

Everyone knows fossile fuels are not the ultimate solution but there is nothng we can do about this anytime soon 8-)

Nuclear energy is potentially hazardous and very damaging and also not truely renewable at present technology I think

Everyone knows fossile fuels are not the ultimate solution but there is nothng we can do about this anytime soon 8-)

actually there are lots of renewable resources in the world seawaves are a potential energy source where energy can be harnessed.

Samsung - ring a bell?
S Korean's shipbuilding?:-)

Now the Japanese are lucky having a low oil price per barrel which can otherwise easily offset the effect of a devaluating yen :cheesy:

Samsung is acturally a state powered machine, rather than an independent firm. Samsung started with Japanese mimicking and it also has huge Apple takeouts. I don't really see it has anything innoative.

Shipbuilding? en, likewise.

There was a banned member called "Korean" and we had entensive discussions on everything Korean years ago.

Samsung is acturally a state powered machine, rather than an independent firm. Samsung started with Japanese mimicking and it also has huge Apple takeouts. I don't really see it has anything innoative.

Shipbuilding? en, likewise.

There was a banned member called "Korean" and we had entensive discussions on everything Korean years ago.

Samsung regardless of its former mode of support is a top universal brand on its own right
It has also obtained many innovative patents in its industry

If S Korean's manufacturing prowess is sub-standard as you claimed, it wont be as it is right now standing as one strong manufacturing economy

Many industries are state supported in one way of another
GM, Chrysler ,,,AIG all were requesting their government's bail-outs or facing immediate belly-ups 8-):-)

Renewable is not enough to fulfill growing demand in energy. Even China almost max out hydroelectric (which is insane) only accounts for 15%. The way i see it thorium and fusion reactor. They produce less radioactive waste anyway.

Japan's printing press working overtime.

Someday you will use yen to wipe your *** with.

Renewable is not enough to fulfill growing demand in energy. Even China almost max out hydroelectric (which is insane) only accounts for 15%. The way i see it thorium and fusion reactor. They produce less radioactive waste anyway.

Solar Wind Power ! Just another example of possible alternative power.

As the world discovers new ways to meet its growing energy needs, energy generated from Sun, which is better known as solar power and energy generated from wind called the wind power are being considered as a means of generating power. Though these two sources of energy have attracted the scientists for a very long time, they are not able to decide, which of the two is a better source to generate power. Now scientists are looking at a third option as well.

Advantages of Solar wind power.

• The scientists say that whereas the entire energy generated from solar wind will not be able to reach the planet for consumption as a lot of energy generated by the satellite has to be pumped back to copper wire to create the electron-harvesting magnetic field, yet the amount that reaches earth is more than sufficient to fulfill the needs of entire human, irrespective of the environment condition.
  • Moreover, the team of scientists at Washington State University hopes that it can generate 1 billion billion gigawatts of power by using a massive 8,400-kilometer-wide solar sail to harvest the power in solar wind.
  • According to the team at Washington State University, 1000 homes can be lit by generating enough power for them with the help of 300 meters (984 feet) of copper wire, which is attached to a two-meter-wide (6.6-foot-wide) receiver and a 10-meter (32.8-foot) sail.
  • One billion gigawatts of power could also be generated by a satellite having 1,000-meter (3,280-foot) cable with a sail 8,400 kilometers (5,220 miles) across, which are placed at roughly the same orbit.
  • The scientists feel that if some of the practical issued are solved, Solar wind power will generate the amount of power that no one including the scientists working to find new means of generating power ever expected.

Solar Wind Energy | A bold new approach to overcome the current limitations of conventional wind energy sources

Solar Wind Power ! Just another example of possible alternative power.
As the world discovers new ways to meet its growing energy needs, energy generated from Sun, which is better known as solar power and energy generated from wind called the wind power are being considered as a means of generating power. Though these two sources of energy have attracted the scientists for a very long time, they are not able to decide, which of the two is a better source to generate power. Now scientists are looking at a third option as well.
Advantages of Solar wind power.
The scientists say that whereas the entire energy generated from solar wind will not be able to reach the planet for consumption as a lot of energy generated by the satellite has to be pumped back to copper wire to create the electron-harvesting magnetic field, yet the amount that reaches earth is more than sufficient to fulfill the needs of entire human, irrespective of the environment condition.
Moreover, the team of scientists at Washington State University hopes that it can generate 1 billion billion gigawatts of power by using a massive 8,400-kilometer-wide solar sail to harvest the power in solar wind.
According to the team at Washington State University, 1000 homes can be lit by generating enough power for them with the help of 300 meters (984 feet) of copper wire, which is attached to a two-meter-wide (6.6-foot-wide) receiver and a 10-meter (32.8-foot) sail.
One billion gigawatts of power could also be generated by a satellite having 1,000-meter (3,280-foot) cable with a sail 8,400 kilometers (5,220 miles) across, which are placed at roughly the same orbit.
The scientists feel that if some of the practical issued are solved, Solar wind power will generate the amount of power that no one including the scientists working to find new means of generating power ever expected.
Solar Wind Energy | A bold new approach to overcome the current limitations of conventional wind energy sources

The article you link does not match. One is talking about space and the link talking about existing ground base tower. There is a 200MW operational tower in China's desert. I don't think the Tower would be a good idea in Japan since it would be less efficient. Offshore wind farm is better.

The space isn't realistic enough. We can't even build a space elevator.

Back
Top Bottom