What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

Language has got nothing to do with religion in this context.

Culture is destiny and language is the main carrier of cultural values and identity. Tamil Nadu maintains its culture (which is Hindu) because of Tamil. So Tamil has everything to do with Hinduism irrespective of a few converts to other religions.

Culture is destiny and language is the main carrier of cultural values and identity. Tamil Nadu maintains its culture (which is Hindu) because of Tamil. So Tamil has everything to do with Hinduism irrespective of a few converts to other religions.
I would agree on u in different context, so lets drop it.

I am not from a Hindi speaking state, my mother tongue is Assamese. We have had a long struggle to keep our language alive when Bengali was forced upon us. I can understand the feeling....but it doesn't mean our state government has forced every student in the State Board of Education to learn Assamese. Yes there are state government run schools where Assamese is the first language and students choose other languages as second and third. But in private English medium schools where student pay a fee English is the first language second and third language can be any language and third language is off the course in Class 6. And I wish the same for students in Tamil Nadu, Nobody must be forced to take a subject he doesn't want to learn.

And yes I am a HINDU, but your BS comment above makes no sense about what we are discussing. I know Hindi has helped me when it comes to travelling across India. I have studied in Hyderabad, Delhi...worked in Ludhiana, Delhi and Kochi...every where Hindi was the language I communicated with.

That is what I was replying to.

Language has got nothing to do with religion in this context..

many Tamil literary woks of the sangam era- 3000 ++ yr transcends religious barrier , Tamils regardless of their religious affiliation have a stake in these works and they are aware of it

everyone is aware of it except Indians

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non - Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language- thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.

You are a Hindi Supremacist & you've even brain-washed people like @levina @Indischer & @Ravi Nair who are teaching their children Hindi instead of their mother tongue - Deccani Urdu ! :angry:

Just the other day Levina, Ravi & Indischer Jr(s). said to me 'Uncle aap seh yeh hamariii kripiyaa haiii keh kevail aaj keh baad aap hum seh Hindi mein agya karein geiii takeiii hamaraa maaan-sammman surakhshit raheiii' & I was like :o:
Phaaleeezzzz dont even think of using hindi again :coffee:
Your hindi is atrocious.

I totally agree with u on this , however what I totally dont understand is why the NI see us Tamilians as criminals for not knowing Hindi? If any person wants to learn he will, that becomes a necessity.

They do? :blink:

Never knew you had a wrong brush with them? You might have met a few idiots who think they rule the entire country like their parents' backyard. I know that variety; they call stupid names to my people as well though I was never directly called anything racist myself.

There are always comebacks you can give such losers back depends on which northern state they are from; My guess is you'd have come across someone from Delhi or UP as these are the two states that are a bit conceited.

Phaaleeezzzz dont even think of using hindi again :coffee:
Your hindi is atrocious.

I know my Hindi is terrible 'cause I don't know any Hindi ! :(

I just made up words that I thought I heard over the years whenever I hear an Indian speaking Hindi ! :D

many Tamil literary woks of the sangam era- 3000 ++ yr transcends religious barrier , Tamils regardless of their religious affiliation have a stake in these works and they are aware of it

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non - Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language- thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.

muslims think they are sons of Arabs.

I marvel at the closet opportunistic genius of this man - even though he made a famous Urdu mistake of calling the name Dravidistan instead of Dravida Nadu or something like that. Unfortunately for him, there was no Direct Action Day equivalent in the South, and support for him, even among Muslims remained insignificant.

stuck in the 60s and 70s mentality , globalisation is the keyword not Hindianisation,

TN should be separated, before it gets gets polluted by northern filth

Quaid-i-Azam understood the plight of Dravidians

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Imagine that three percent of the Brahmin high caste, by skillful maneuvering and skillful methods of electioneering which they have studied, should secure the majority. In this democracy or is it farce? Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non -Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language-thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.
trtrd_reasonably_small.JPG

I know my Hindi is terrible 'cause I don't know any Hindi ! :(

I just made up words that I thought I heard over the years whenever I hear an Indian speaking Hindi ! :D
Hindi is easier compared to urdu.IMO.
But plsss you dont use it, binti hai aapse. :D

however a hindi guy can live without anyone asking him to learn tamil in TN..

This senario is akin to the equal freedom of muslim in india and suffocating plight of a hindu in pakistan...
There is nothing to be proud of...

Its all culture and upbringing..

There are 68 million karunadidhis, instead of wishing us death, i beg u please work for development of this country as karunanidhi said, instead of focusing on hindi of all indian languages...

vulgar means "common", derived from word vulgar latin which means latin spoken by common men...

I never meant it the "adult" meaning of vulgar... as vulgar words are there in all languages..
Sorry if u thought so that way
No one asked them.
They didn't have no choice.
Indians from all over communicate mostly in hindi.when they sit together..
The 120 million English speaking people includes people with broken English too.
They need to speak hindi to mingle with the other indians.

They do? :blink:

Never knew you had a wrong brush with them? You might have met a few idiots who think they rule the entire country like their parents' backyard. I know that variety; they call stupid names to my people as well though I was never directly called anything racist myself.

There are always comebacks you can give such losers back depends on which northern state they are from; My guess is you'd have come across someone from Delhi or UP as these are the two states that are a bit conceited.
Lets be honest now, Its never that I had wrong brush with them, I have extensively traveled across except NE and Punjab. They always stick to Madarasi word..... (morrons). Problem is I never felt uncomfortable with learning Hindi, infact its added asset, but if someone tries to force it on then? I feel What the hell?
Anyway thanks for the concern, I appreciate it. Really do.

I marvel at the closet opportunistic genius of this man - even though he made a famous Urdu mistake of calling the name Dravidistan instead of Dravida Nadu or something like that. Unfortunately for him, there was no Direct Action Day equivalent in the South, and support for him, even among Muslims remained insignificant.
Exactly!
During the time of his speech people were United against British . ( Either with Gandhi or with Bose)
Tamil as language united them all.

You are a Hindi Supremacist & you've even brain-washed people like @levina @Indischer & @Ravi Nair who are teaching their children Hindi instead of their mother tongue - Deccani Urdu ! :angry:

Just the other day Levina, Ravi & Indischer Jr(s). said to me 'Uncle aap seh yeh hamariii kripiyaa haiii keh kevail aaj keh baad aap hum seh Hindi mein agya karein geiii takeiii hamaraa maaan-sammman surakhshit raheiii' & I was like :o:

@Armstrong

Deccani Urdu? why I oughta!

Telugu for the win :yay:

Back
Top Bottom