What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

all my father's tamil colleagues speak in hindi..
there is no way they can avoid learning it

stuck in the 60s and 70s mentality , globalisation is the keyword not Hindianisation,

TN should be separated, before it gets gets polluted by northern filth

Quaid-i-Azam understood the plight of Dravidians

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Imagine that three percent of the Brahmin high caste, by skillful maneuvering and skillful methods of electioneering which they have studied, should secure the majority. In this democracy or is it farce? Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non -Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language-thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.

Last edited:
I gotta say, this is one of the ugliest threads i have seen in terms of regional chauvinism.

can't we just all, get along :/

I gotta say, this is one of the ugliest threads i have seen in terms of regional chauvinism.

can't we just all, get along :/
All this is just exaggeration. Go to TN and speak hindi/english/tamil whatever gets the job done.
Nobody cares.
:agree::agree:
This is just political posturing by the DMK/AIADMK/clone
stuck in the 60s and 70s mentality , globalisation is the keyword not Hindianisation,

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Imagine that three percent of the Brahmin high caste, by skillful maneuvering and skillful methods of electioneering which they have studied, should secure the majority. In this democracy or is it farce? Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non -Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language-thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.
:woot::woot::woot::woot:
I have no words sir.

Instead of promoting vulgar non-classical languages, money will be well spend if its restricted to classical languages of India alone,

If you don't want to learn Hindi don't learn it but don't call it vulgar. Please edit your post.

Instead of promoting vulgar non-classical languages, money will be well spend if its restricted to classical languages of India alone,

If you don't want to learn Hindi don't learn it but don't call it vulgar. Please edit your post.

You are a Hindi Supremacist & you've even brain-washed people like @levina @Indischer & @Ravi Nair who are teaching their children Hindi instead of their mother tongue - Deccani Urdu ! :angry:

Just the other day Levina, Ravi & Indischer Jr(s). said to me 'Uncle aap seh yeh hamariii kripiyaa haiii keh kevail aaj keh baad aap hum seh Hindi mein agya karein geiii takeiii hamaraa maaan-sammman surakhshit raheiii' & I was like :o:

however a hindi guy can live without anyone asking him to learn tamil in TN..

This senario is akin to the equal freedom of muslim in india and suffocating plight of a hindu in pakistan...
There is nothing to be proud of...

Its all culture and upbringing..

I dont knew hindi till today. But I am not sure whether we can survive with Hindi in every part of India, may be in major part of the country. When i was Pune, local people mostly dont know hindi, they speak only marathi. But yes, its time to learn hindi as well.

I really don't know when this mad guy karuna will die. Still in his 90s, making foolish statements.
Govt’s directive on Hindi: Karunanidhi cries foul, asks Modi to focus on development | The Indian Express

There are 68 million karunadidhis, instead of wishing us death, i beg u please work for development of this country as karunanidhi said, instead of focusing on hindi of all indian languages...

vulgar means "common", derived from word vulgar latin which means latin spoken by common men...

I never meant it the "adult" meaning of vulgar... as vulgar words are there in all languages..
Sorry if u thought so that way

Last edited:
I dont knew hindi till today. But I am not sure whether we can survive with Hindi in every part of India, may be in major part of the country. When i was Pune, local people mostly dont know hindi, they speak only marathi. But yes, its time to learn hindi as well.

I really don't know when this mad guy karuna will die. Still in his 90s, making foolish statements.
Govt’s directive on Hindi: Karunanidhi cries foul, asks Modi to focus on development | The Indian Express

Karuna has no other issues to talk about, his party is in shambles, his daughter's image has gone down the drain due to corruption, his sons are fighting each other (with one of them campaigning for the opposite party in shadow ways).He himself is seen as a champion of dynasty politics. Avaroda kudumbam,paeran ellarum english medium/hindi laan padipangalam, aana pothu makkal tamil mattum thaan padikkanumaam! yenna comedy ithu!

Last edited:

Just keep to your country, bub. Handle your nation before telling others.

Karuna has no other issues to talk about, his party is in shambles, his daughter's image has gone down the drain due to corruption, his sons are fighting each other (with one of them campaigning for the opposite party in shadow ways).He mislef is seen as a champion of dysnasty politics. Avaroda kudumbam,paeran ellarum english medium/hindi laan padipangalam, aana pothu makkal tamil mattum thaan padikkanumaam! yenna comedy ithu!

It is great that TN folks are realizing that Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha are just like Yadavs and Mayawatis of Tamil Nadu and are rising above dynastic politics.

My comment would not make sense to you because you lack common sense. Also being a deracinated namesake Hindu is different than being one inside and out.
That was a nasty thing to say...Assamese are as much hindu as you...go visit assam hindu majority areas who actually have the guts to fight mullah invasion despite having khangress government...

You are a Hindi Supremacist & you've even brain-washed people like @levina @Indischer & @Ravi Nair who are teaching their children Hindi instead of their mother tongue - Deccani Urdu ! :angry:

Just the other day Levina, Ravi & Indischer Jr(s). said to me 'Uncle aap seh yeh hamariii kripiyaa haiii keh kevail aaj keh baad aap hum seh Hindi mein agya karein geiii takeiii hamaraa maaan-sammman surakhshit raheiii' & I was like :o:
:lol: Yeh kaunsi nayi zubaan hai?:unsure: Ustad, inno aisi baataan karti toh logaan se joote khaati ba! Nakko karo aisi kirkiri.:sarcastic:

if hindi can get prime focus of all indian languages, then Rohan Gavaskar can definitely captain Indian Cricket Team... True Story..

Exactly. The Muslim and Christian population in TN blend into the local Hindu culture and do not impose an alien culture because Tamil maintained its predominance in TN.
Language has got nothing to do with religion in this context.

You maybe studying in private school..
I finished my studies 15 years back, Till 11th Kendriya vidyalaya (CBSE) , 12th state board (Hindi as second language).
Still doesnt change the fact that in 12 th three schools gave me the option of Hindi as second language. And I dint study in chennai.

A good step towards national integration and becoming more secure. Why would someone speaking the same language at home, learn same language that he/she already knows?
I had this sikh friend of mine from school who has settled in chennai and has big textile export business. He and his kids speak flawless tamil. Does it mean he is disloyal to punjabi or hindi? Not at all. In fact knowing tamil has expanded his business and heloed him settle there. :)
So what's wrong in learning to speak basic hindi? No need to learn poetry or prose mandato rily. But speaking will help greatly
It will only be helpful.
I totally agree with u on this , however what I totally dont understand is why the NI see us Tamilians as criminals for not knowing Hindi? If any person wants to learn he will, that becomes a necessity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom