What's new

Water car: Engineer sues doctor for ‘trying to undermine’ his invention

Break the water molecule, extract the Hydrogen using electrolysis. Store the hydrogen as fuel.
This method would require a lot of hydrogen and initial start-up energy as said. And please don't tell me you have no idea of the hydrogen powered cars.
Sir pls note that obtaining Hydrogen from electrolysis for IC engine is a loosing deal. It would be foolish to invest more energy in a resource than it returns back. It would be wiser to produce it through steam-cracking of long chain hydrocarbons.

Also note that a hydrogen IC engine would make a car highly unaffordable for the even swanky rich let alone the initial investment for a hydrogen economy. I am not considering the safety concerns here. As a matter of fact the properties which make hydrogen the perfect fuel it also makes it a perfect disaster-in-waiting.

I dont want to open another thread so i thought to put this news here since this thread is going hot among Indians And Pakistanis and trolls Like Vcheng! LOL

Water world: Dr Attaur Rehman senses a scam behind man touting water kit
KARACHI: Sindh Senior Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ayaz Soomro is the latest to jump on the infamous ‘water kit’ bandwagon, having called the man touting the ‘invention’ a national hero.
“Agha Waqar’s invention of a water kit has proved and recognised Sindhi people on world level,” Soomro told journalists at his office. “He is our national hero.”
Eminent physicist Dr Pervez Hoodbhoy and former Higher Education Commission head Dr Attaur Rehman have criticised Agha Waqar, who claims to have invented the water kit that can power a car, for making a mockery of science. However, Soomro called Dr Attaur Rehman, a “production of dictatorship” while categorically rejecting the latter’s scepticism at Waqar’s claims.
Dr Atta refused to respond to the provincial law minister’s statement. He said that it should be enough to evaluate the veracity of the allegation that he was never affiliated with any political party but received civil awards for his services from almost all political leaders, including Benazir Bhutto.
Meanwhile, the question of proper technical examination of the water kit was only brought up in a meeting held at the President House on Wednesday. The meeting, which was presided over by the principal secretary to the president Salman Farooqui, concluded that the car with a water-kit installed will be sent to the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) in Islamabad. The officials were supposed to send the car to the university on Thursday morning but this did not happen.
When Waqar was asked by The Express Tribune why he did not show up at NUST on Thursday, he said that the plan had changed. “The technical examination has now been deferred for an unidentified period of time and will not happen soon,” he said. When inquired to explain the reason for the deferral, Waqar simply hung up the phone.
Debunking the water kit
“The car has not been subjected to scientific examination and yet the issue has been blown out of proportion by irresponsible media coverage and praises showered by ministers,” Dr Rehman told The Express Tribune. He added that he was and is calling for scientific examination of the claim and did not know if he has been served a legal notice for this just demand.
“Had he been genuine and not leading ministers around him with his bizarre claims, he would have filed an international patent to protect his invention and only then he would come out with the claim.” He also believes that there is a massive scam behind the claim to mint money from government and corporate sources.
Waqar has become a household name after he appeared on several primetime talk show hosts to showcase the water kit, which he claims can power vehicles.
Dr Rehman rubbished Waqar’s claim that a 1,000CC vehicle will get 40 kilometres per litre of water, and said these statements could only be made in Pakistan. “In countries where scientific research is taken seriously, nobody would pretend to joke about science in this manner.”
Dr Rehman said that the “self-proclaimed inventor” did not have knowledge about basic processes like electrolysis.
“This is the first mistake he is making and he does not even know that you can’t even get electrolysis on distilled water,” he said, “For this purpose you have to have an electrolyte [a solution that conducts electricity] which can be decomposed by electrolysis.”
He explained that a powerful energy source, which could only be a battery in this case, is required to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen and then recombine them through combustion to release energy. “But firstly, the energy which is required to separate hydrogen and oxygen will always be greater in amount than the energy released and secondly, the external energy source will eventually die out to fail the process since the efficiency of electrolysis in hardly 20 to 30%.”
He added that if this were not the case than this man has invented a “perpetual motion machine” which again, according to a scientific consensus, is impossible. “What this man is proposing is scientifically impossible; he is defying the first law of thermodynamics,” he added.

lol what's funny is that the Pakistani govt. has officially endorsed this conman. :lol:

So far every credible scientist has refuted this news. We will have to see what happens when anybody else will sit on the driver seat and ride this car? or may be couple of hundreds of miles for test drive and see if it can still drive and does not need to recharge the batteries from electricity etc

So as per your own self, Dr. AQ Khan is not a credible scientist.

Refutations of this 'invention' won't go down well with the masses...

Mother Of All Inventions

Dr. Faiz Ahmad of the NUST has rather sarcastically tried to ridicule Agha Waqar for the auto water-kit (WK) that the later is trying to find sponsors to produce commercially. I am sure the learned doctor knows that the water kit is not something new and quite a few of the US and French kits are already available in the market. I myself got one fitted for Rs. 25,000/= in my KIA Sportage (Turbo Diesel 2000), but though it worked for the plains it could not build up the required compression for the hills. On smaller cars it works satisfactorily. I am also sure that the learned doctor also knows that the vehicle fitted with the WK does not operate only on water but the hydrogen obtained from the water electrolysis is mixed with the fuel – whether diesel or petrol – to run the engine. That reduces the fuel consumption greatly – even up to 50 percent at optimum working.Lastly, I am sure the learned doctor has heard of the story that about a century ago a crazy man made a sewing needle with an eye in the front instead of the usual one at the back. Every one – like the learned doctor – scoffed at him but he kept on trying to sew with his needle. Lo and behold, he invented the modern sewing machine, which revolutionised the entire tailoring industry.

So, Dr. Sahib, please don’t discourage the man just because thousands and thousands of Ph.Ds around the world couldn’t think of such a simple invention. Who knows the day may come when the planes and locomotives apart from the ordinary home power generators might use the Water Kits to run their engines at a fraction of what it costs now and the Ph.Ds have to rewrite the books on thermodynamics! COL.

RIAZ JAFRI (RETD), Rawalpindi, August 3.

Refutations of this 'invention' won't go down well with the masses...

Mother Of All Inventions

Absolute retard - injecting even slightest amount of HHO or pure oxygen into the intake would confuse the MAF sensor, leading to extreme leaning of fuel mixture. While this would theoretically produce fuel efficiency at the cost of engine overheating and frequent break downs as well as loss of power which this moron is apparently facing.

I am not that of Strength of Materials expert, but can some one explain how can a unmodified IC engine take on molecular Hydrogen as a fuel which has a octane #>130 which clearly indicates that it EXPLODES creating extreme amounts of knock, rather than BURN as petroleum products (Octane# ~100) ??

Agha Waqar Ahmed ‏@agha_waqar
Alhamdolilah Check the result of my #waterkit charged digital halal 786 Mega pixel powered camera in my profile picture.

I'm entirely thankful for your support Sir @SirZaidHamid and @Farhanvirk I'll send you #waterkit powered camels and nuclear bombs
The only reason why #waterkit wasn't made by Westerners was that they were funded by Petroleum Companies but I didn't sell my Eman.
Law of Thermodynamics is a man made law which is unacceptable in Islamic Republic of Pakistan
@Nadeemfparacha Aab e zam zam will not be used in #waterkits to run ordinary cars. We'll use it in our #waterkit running tanks InshAllah
@ShahidSaeed Only opposed my #waterkit because he's the member of Illuminati Engineering Co. Limited and is trying to damage Halal Engines
"Law of Thermodynamic's koi Quran ka lafz nahi jo change nahi ho sktay" Alhamdolilah! Meda saeen Zardari jeevay! #waterkit
yesterday night, NASA begged me to come to America to reveal them my #waterkit fuel, I said I'll do if you'll send our Ghori to moon.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...-undermine-his-invention-2.html#ixzz22YPUdYu0

I get this feeling that this waqr guy is just trolling the entire frikkin country. he knows his car wont works. but he is getting his kicks by trolling people.

I kinda respect him now. The greatest troll that mankind has known.

Name any troll on PDF "mr. agha waqar" , he will stop trolling..

don't name now :cheesy: Leave him and some illiterate, TRP hungry news anchor alone. Some times they get such a gr8 opportunity to troll let them enjoy , you guys enjoy weekend too.

In a society and a country with little to derive cheer and hope from, such things are generally great national morale boosters.

Nice try but your attempt to put down Pakistan didn't work though.

Pakistan's media is irresponsible and they should learn to give attention where its needed- not over useless things like this.

lol my dear, Pakistan doesn't need people from outside to put it down.

Pakistanis are their own biggest criticizers but Indians give some good competition in that.

But like Paul Newman said: If you don't have enemies, you don't have character.”

A basic question arises how electrolysis is carried out in distilled water using only 12 V.
Even great nuclear scientist is supporting him :)

Back
Top Bottom