What's new

Water car: Engineer sues doctor for ‘trying to undermine’ his invention

Btw, if you discount the "water powered" aspect of it - as an acetylene based kit, can it be a viable sell in Pakistan?

I wonder if they will pitch to the Masdar Institute.
Didn't you watched that video, for 1000 litres of H2, you get 1 kw/her....as the scientist said. And in his kit its not possible.

Btw, if you discount the "water powered" aspect of it - as an acetylene based kit, can it be a viable sell in Pakistan?

Whats the price of calcium carbide?

And some changes to the engine would have to be made. just like a petrol engine cannot handle diesel efficiently, same here.

Didn't you watched that video, for 1000 litres of H2, you get 1 kw/her....as the scientist said. And in his kit its not possible.

That was for pure water, the numbers would be different with Calcium carbide into the mix.

BTW, what does Masdar institute have to offer that no uni in Pakistan can't?

Un-biased Arab professors?

I am please to report that the latest test of the MFC-1 has gone very well. Please watch this before the enemies of Pakistan remove this post:

:rofl:

(I am still accepting deposits. Hurry, very little time and seats remaining. ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Acetylene is not very efficient compared to the much better alternatives, and quite dangerous to work with as a power source for IC based engines.

Its good enough to be used in welding, it should be good enough to power a small car. I am pretty sure it burns much hotter - several times hotter.

I will grant you dangerous but that's not why Agha Waqar was being ridiculed it was the impossibility of his claims.

Whats the price of calcium carbide?

Cheap, I think. Cheaper than gasoline.

And some changes to the engine would have to be made. just like a petrol engine cannot handle diesel efficiently, same here.

As VCheng pointed out the instability of Acetylene. The cars hes experimenting with would probably give up in a few years.

I'm not talking about H2, but using C2H2 (Acetylene).

BTW, what does Masdar institute have to offer that no uni in Pakistan can't?

Un-biased Arab professors?

Well for one they are actively looking for alternative energy solutions...

Ah don't worry, Calcium Carbide would then rocket instantly.

And anyway, Zardari and a couple of other personalities have a big big stranglehold on the Pakistani oil and LPG industry. (thats why they never get caught)

Masdar institute? Surprising.

There are also some fuel cell projects going on in NUST, UET and NED. Although the only one which is in some form of advanced stage is NED i think.

Its good enough to be used in welding, it should be good enough to power a small car. I am pretty sure it burns much hotter - several times hotter.

I will grant you dangerous but that's not why Agha Waqar was being ridiculed it was the impossibility of his claims.

Cheap, I think. Cheaper than gasoline.

As VCheng pointed out the instability of Acetylene. The cars hes experimenting with would probably give up in a few years.

I'm not talking about H2, but using C2H2 (Acetylene).

Here, read this:

My Car Uses an Acetylene Engine - Green Transportation - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Calcium Carbide Price - Buy Calcium Carbide Price,Price Calcium Carbide,Calcium Carbide Product on Alibaba.com

A ton of Calcium Carbide is available for under 1000 dollars.

Hmmm agreed its been done before, Dr. Samar Mubarakband said so to him - it was done 2 decades ago. No one has commercialized it yet, perhaps with all the brouhaha, some industrialist will see a business opportunity (along with the big market willing to take on the risk).

Hmmm agreed its been done before, Dr. Samar Mubarakband said so to him - it was done 2 decades ago. No one has commercialized it yet, perhaps with all the brouhaha, some industrialist will see a business opportunity (along with the big market willing to take on the risk).

The problems with commercializing acetylene as a power source it lie its adverse economic and safety aspects.

I am please to report that the latest test of the MFC-1 has gone very well. Please watch this before the enemies of Pakistan remove this post:
:rofl:

(I am still accepting deposits. Hurry, very little time and seats remaining. ;) )
Sir I can make it. First you need very elastic wing shaped carpet. A vibrator and anti-damping instrument on it. The vibrator can develop wave in forward direction then anti damping instrument can take care of attenuation and backward travelling wave. Once the travelling wave gets inough frequency and amplitude to sustain a flight, Voila, you have flying carpet......:rofl:

Atleast this idea is presented in Pakistan can give me or any Pakistani who takes this to media, a nation wide coverage and short lived fame. :enjoy:

Acetylene is an ugly think even inside a laboratory,not to mention in civilian use. It will simply explode

75k PKR a ton. Not bad.

Yeap and from the earlier formula we know you need 1 CaC2 to react with 2H20.

So 1kg of CaC2 will work with 2 liters of water

That's 100 rps for 80km (if you believe his figures for what 1 liter would give you)

Acetylene is an ugly think even inside a laboratory,not to mention in civilian use. It will simply explode

Safety aspect is something besides the point here, we are purely talking about economics of making this happen.

Back
Top Bottom