What's new

'Water belonging to India cannot go to Pakistan,' says Modi

See brahakputra, sutlaj and indus all three flow from china. China is going to make dams on all three. Yes indeed Pakistan and Bangladesh might get effected but since your 60% of population is agriculture oriented i think it would create more devastation for you than us. And believe me india is well aware of the consequences of stopping rivers. Because it will further disgrace indian stance in the world and since America is playing neutral in all this and China and Russia have keen interests with Pakistan. Messing up internationally wont be a bright decision. Uk and Eu are currently horned in crisis and frankly speaking Israel isn't much help either

★ The 60% population of India that's dependent on agriculture, isn't dependent on Indus and Brahmaputra for that agriculture. The agricultural heartland of India is watered by Ganges and her tributaries in the north, and by rivers like Kaveri, Mahanadi, Krishna etc in the south. They can't even be touched by China, not unless China invades and annexes Uttrakhand. :D

★ The Indus only flows through desolate infertile regions like Ladakh and supports very little agriculture in India. If China dams the river, India won't suffer, coz India isn't dependent on it.. Pakistan, on the other hand..... :-)

★ Brahmaputra supports agriculture only in Assam. And guess what, Brahmputra gets a lot of water from heavy rainfall inside Indian territory itself. That region recieves highest rainfall in the freaking world..!! So even if China blocks the river, Assam would only be partially hit and agricultural heartland of India would remain completely unaffected. Bangladesh, on the other hand....

★ Now, blocking Sutlej is something that would actually effect India much more than Indus and Brahmaputra. But here again, geography has betrayed you my friend.. There are two facts about Sutlej that you must understand -- 1) Its a puny little stream when it crosses over into India from China.. It gets most of the water from Indian landmass. And, 2) Its not possible to build a dam on Sutlej in China because the topography of that area doesn't allow construction of any dams..

★ You say -- “India is well aware of the consequences of stopping rivers.". I ask you - Who the hell even talked about stopping the rivers.. ? India is simply talking about taking her own share of water out of those rivers, not blocking them altogether.. Do you understand the difference between the two?

He wants to win the next election .
By cursing pakistan means you increase your votes in india , it isn't a good sign .

I really want him to ho , he's the pm of india so he should concentrate on india not on pakistan.

Arab country's should stop giving oil to India there economy will collapse like melting ice

If the Arabs don't sell oil to India, someone else would.. There's Iran.. There's Nigeria.. There's Venezuela.. US, Russia, Vietnam.. you name it.!! India has diversified her petroleum imports. We don't but Oil only from the Arabs.

If the Arabs decide to stop oil sales to India, India would obviously be hit in the short term, but soon enough, supply chains would be diverted to other countries.. And Arabs would lose a huge customer permanently.. So, why would they do such a stupid thing? o.0

My dear friend... please read again what I wrote.. I was talking about a hypothetical scenario of what would happen if China blocks Indus.. One of your compatriots was suggesting that China should block Indian rivers.. I simply told him what would actually happen if his wish came true.. Read again.

Modi is not at all talking of stopping indus or any river water. As per agreement India has a right of 40%, water. Actually, it was 50-50 but india gave 10% to pakistan out of goodwill. So we can use atleast 40% of the water as per agreement and that is what modi says. He does not say that we will block all water of Pakistan. Here people trolls without understanding.

Modi is not at all talking of stopping indus or any river water. As per agreement India has a right of 40%, water. Actually, it was 50-50 but india gave 10% to pakistan out of goodwill. So we can use atleast 40% of the water as per agreement and that is what modi says. He does not say that we will block all water of Pakistan. Here people trolls without understanding.

Bottom line is, if we decide to scrap the deal, Pakistan can either go to the courts or go to war.

Either way they would not be getting water in a hurry.

China says they will block our water and divert it to Pakistan. So that's a third option for them.

Desalination plants are a fourth.

Pakistan today is looking at the very possible reality of the waters reducing. And they need to plan accordingly.

Bottom line is, if we decide to scrap the deal, Pakistan can either go to the courts or go to war.

Either way they would not be getting water in a hurry.

China says they will block our water and divert it to Pakistan. So that's a third option for them.

Desalination plants are a fourth.

Pakistan today is looking at the very possible reality of the waters reducing. And they need to plan accordingly.

China can not do that in laddakh as it is a disputed territory and we reserve the right to stop any work over there.

You're wrong there bro.. India doesn't have right to 40% water from Indus and her tributaries, only 19% according to IWT. Rest 81% belongs to Pakistan..

It isn't called “The most generous water-sharing treaty in the world" for nothing....lol.

China can not do that in laddakh as it is a disputed territory and we reserve the right to stop any work over there.

Ladakh isn't disputed.. I think you're confusing Ladakh and Aksai Chin. Both are not one and the same

Is there anywhere else they can get the water diverted to them from? Remember, water flows down. For it to go up it needs help.

Ladakh isn't disputed.. I think you're confusing Ladakh and Aksai Chin. Both are not one and the same

Is there anywhere else they can get the water diverted to them from? Remember, water flows down. For it to go up it needs help.

One river flows from Afganistan to pakistan. India and afghanistan are building a dam on that river too. Pakistan is very eager to enter into water sharing agreement with afghanistan too.

Yes, it is not aksai chin but illigally occupied area of ladakh by china.

One river flows from Afganistan to pakistan. India and afghanistan are building a dam on that river too. Pakistan is very eager to enter into water sharing agreement with afghanistan too.

Yes, it is not aksai chin but illigally occupied area of ladakh by china.

No, I was speaking about the Chinese trying to help Pakistan . I don't think we need to worry about the Afghans.

looking forward , when Modi gone to stop that drop!
bro, he is only talking about Indian 3 rivers which India have right. We should not take this statement in wrong context. Nobody can stop our share.
Also we should continue making big dams, We are wasting large portion of water in the form of floods. Big dams are inevitable for us. Better we prepare ourself .

bro, he is only talking about Indian 3 rivers which India have right. We should not take this statement in wrong context. Nobody can stop our share.
Also we should continue making big dams, We are wasting large portion of water in the form of floods. Big dams are inevitable for us. Better we prepare ourself .

Exactly. Beas, Ravi and Sutle belong to India and India further has a right to get 20% water of indus. He is just talking of the same and nothing else.

Terrorist modi at it again. Threatening to dry up Pakistan, allowing millions to suffer.

This would be a serious act of war. After that, everything goes.
Dont worry mate..he said water belonging to india cant be allowed to go pakistan..according to treaty water is divided into pak and india ..and he is talking about indian share of water that is going waste and is not used here..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom