What's new

'Water belonging to India cannot go to Pakistan,' says Modi

We have been getting that water all those decades, NO? You might wanna tell about IWT to your idiotic excuse of a PM.

Yup... You have been getting that water for decades. You should be thankful for that. India didn't really need that much water for irrigation, industrial and domestic use in previous decades, so India allowed excess water to go to Pakistan. But now, India's population and India's needs have risen much higher since the 1960s. Now we need that water. So, the extra benevolence must stop. Otherwise our farmer would suffer. Charity is good when you have extra, not when your own people start suffering... I hope you understand.

Yup... You have been getting that water for decades. You should be thankful for that. India didn't really need that much water for irrigation, industrial and domestic use in previous decades, so India allowed excess water to go to Pakistan. But now, India's population and India's needs have risen much higher since the 1960s. Now we need that water. So, the extra benevolence must stop. Otherwise our farmer would suffer. Charity is good when you have extra, not when your own people start suffering... I hope you understand.
On the flip side Pakistan got that water because Pakistan had legitimate claims which hold to this day, feel free to disagree but we will continue to get that water. It's quite amusing how you have carried out surgical strike on that IWT reminder you were giving me. LOL Modi effect perhaps? :cheesy:

On the flip side Pakistan got that water because Pakistan had legitimate claims which hold to this day, feel free to disagree but we will continue to get that water. It's quite amusing how you have carried out surgical strike on that IWT reminder you were giving me. LOL Modi effect perhaps? :cheesy:

WHAT? What legitimate claims? The IWT clearly defines how much water from each river is to be used by both India and Pakistan. And guess what..IWT is a perfectly legal legitimate agreement.

The issue here is that India has been underutilizing its own share of water.. That extra water has been flowing to Pakistan, and Pakistan has been recieving more water than its rightful share.. But now, India wants to utilize its share to the maximum allowed under the IWT. Its perfectly legal.. LEGITIMATE..!! :D

Here we go again, Modi shouting loudly and proudly how he will do this or that to Pakistan, only for public consumption. All his hot air balloon diatribes serve only to embolden the skinny fascist monkeys who actually think Modi is making Pakistan suffer or punishing us.

I am Pro peace to a great extent and wish for a cordial relationship with India, but Modi seriously acts like a war mongeror every time he speaks about Pakistan. Is this how a statesman speaks? Okay we get it you were raised in a fascist jerk-circle of an organisation, we got that the last time you spoke, but have you got anything more to say apart from the slogans used on the streets during elections in India ?

If he really going to do something then he should do it, enough politics. Kuch karega bhi ya khali kaan pakayay ga? Do something about water management, why mention Pakistan?

WHAT? What legitimate claims? The IWT clearly defines how much water from each river is to be used by both India and Pakistan. And guess what..IWT is a perfectly legal legitimate agreement.

The issue here is that India has been underutilizing its own share of water.. That extra water has been flowing to Pakistan, and Pakistan has been recieving more water than its rightful share.. But now, India wants to utilize its share to the maximum allowed under the IWT. Its perfectly legal.. LEGITIMATE..!! :D
India & Pakistan have only been utilizing their respective shares as agreed upon in the IWT, an ounce more or less will be a violation of the treaty!!! For which India seems desperate, considering Pakistan is all geared up to revive it's geostrategic profile via CPEC and India is fanatically scavenging for excuses to create distractions, be it it border or water violations. Now kindly carry on with your Indian side of the story with someone else, indulging in these nationalistic cyber duels isn't my thing. Ciao:enjoy:

India & Pakistan have only been utilizing their respective shares as agreed upon in the IWT, an ounce more or less will be a violation of the treaty!!! For which India seems desperate, considering Pakistan is all geared up to revive it's geostrategic profile via CPEC and India is fanatically scavenging for excuses to create distractions, be it it border or water violations. Now kindly carry on with your Indian side of the story with someone else, indulging in these nationalistic cyber duels isn't my thing. Ciao:enjoy:

This is where you're completely wrong.. India hasn't been utilizing her complete share of water. And no, its not a violation of IWT at all.. If India was over utilizing the water, then that would've been a breach of IWT, not underutilization.

BTW, stop inserting CPEC into every single discussion about any freaking topic.. Its frankly getting annoying now. CPEC might be a magic wand for you, but its not really anything more than a transit corridor as far as we're concerned. This is a thread about IWT, let it remain so.

If you can explain how Modi's statement is wrong, then go ahead.. Otherwise you're free to withdraw from this “cyber duel". :-)

Now, in case of Indus, if the Chinese block the river, then India won't really suffer much, coz India doesn't depend on Indus. Indus flows in India mostly through mountainous infertile regions like Ladakh. Even Satluj and Mahanadi etc irrigate more land than Indus does.. On the other hand, Pakistan depends almost completely on Indus.. If the Chinese block Indus, it'll be you who would die of thirst, not me. :D

Sutlej river also originates from China and it is primarily used by India, and you don't have to worry about Indus, if the Indians try to pull anything we could very easily reach a working solution with our iron friend, three big rivers (Indus, Sutlej and Brahmaputra) that fall into India and Indian occupied territories can very well be blocked by China if and when necessary.

Sutlej river also originates from China and it is primarily used by India, and you don't have to worry about Indus, if the Indians try to pull anything we could very easily reach a working solution with our iron friend, three big rivers (Indus, Sutlej and Brahmaputra) that fall into India and Indian occupied territories can very well be blocked by China if and when necessary.

Sutlej is a little stream when it crosses from China into India. It accumulates all its water inside Indian landmass.. Moreover, the little territory that Sutlej flows through inside China isn't suitable for dam-building. I hope you know that dams can't just be built arbitrarily anywhere. Topography plays a huge role in determining where dams can be built and where they can't be.

Now, as far as Indus and Brahmaputra are concerned, I've already explained the repercussions of damming them for Pakistan, Bangladesh and even China.. How do you think Indus would even reach Pakistan if China blocks it before entering India? And what would happen to Pakistan without Indus? :D

Sutlej is a little stream when it crosses from China into India. It accumulates all its water inside Indian landmass.. Moreover, the little territory that Sutlej flows through inside China isn't suitable for dam-building. I hope you know that dams can't just be built arbitrarily anywhere. Topography plays a huge role in determining where dams can be built and where they can't be.

Now, as far as Indus and Brahmaputra are concerned, I've already explained the repercussions of damming them for Pakistan, Bangladesh and even China.. How do you think Indus would even reach Pakistan if China blocks it before entering India? And what would happen to Pakistan without Indus? :D

I think China has enough interest vested in Pakistan to actually consider blocking it ever.
However India has nothing more but a nuisance to China, so even small the damage may be, If China sees India messing with Pakistan's stability where it has invested billions, do you really think China would just let India do as it pleases?

I think China has enough interest vested in Pakistan to actually consider blocking it ever.
However India has nothing more but a nuisance to China, so even small the damage may be, If China sees India messing with Pakistan's stability where it has invested billions, do you really think China would just let India do as it pleases?
china dsnt wake up thinking Pakistan..it has better things to do.it has bigger headache to take care .

lol... what do Pakistanis find wrong with this statement?

He simply said - Water that belongs to India shouldn't go to Pakistan. What's wrong in it? o.0

Which “Indian rivers" are we talking about here? Indus? Brahmaputra? Coz in both cases, if they block the rivers, the victims won't be India, but Bangladesh and Pakistan respectively...

In the case of Brahmaputra, most of its water is used by Bangladesh. Indian states Arunachal and Assam use much lower amount. And the geography of the place dictates that China can't dam all of the water, otherwise it'll cause massive floods in China itself.. Not a very bright idea..lol.

Now, in case of Indus, if the Chinese block the river, then India won't really suffer much, coz India doesn't depend on Indus. Indus flows in India mostly through mountainous infertile regions like Ladakh. Even Satluj and Mahanadi etc irrigate more land than Indus does.. On the other hand, Pakistan depends almost completely on Indus.. If the Chinese block Indus, it'll be you who would die of thirst, not me. :D
See brahakputra, sutlaj and indus all three flow from china. China is going to make dams on all three. Yes indeed Pakistan and Bangladesh might get effected but since your 60% of population is agriculture oriented i think it would create more devastation for you than us. And believe me india is well aware of the consequences of stopping rivers. Because it will further disgrace indian stance in the world and since America is playing neutral in all this and China and Russia have keen interests with Pakistan. Messing up internationally wont be a bright decision. Uk and Eu are currently horned in crisis and frankly speaking Israel isn't much help either

Cool idea bro... Ever stopped to think where would all that stored water go when you destroy Indian dams..? :D Alteast think a bit before writing stupid stuff.

Seriously how do you bhartis even come up with this stuff like we wont be affected by this and nothings going to happen if this happens blah blah. More bollywood fantasies i guess

Arab country's should stop giving oil to India there economy will collapse like melting ice

You're not understanding... are you? Its not a matter of whether China has vested interest in Pakistan or not. Take out a map and have a look at it. The Indus originates in China, then flows through India and finally enters Pakistan.

Now, you guys are proposing that China should block the Indus before entering India, on Pakistan's behest of course. But there's a slight problem in that plan.. If the Indus doesn't reach India, then it also can't reach Pakistan.. And everybody and his dog knows how much Pakistan is dependent on Indus..

So why the hell would Pakistan ever want China to block the river...eh? Are you guys really thaaat stupid?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom