What's new

Watch how a Brahmos missile is made at Godrej Plant in Mumbai

So far just 60 Combat Missiles? :lol:
They make 2 engines per month and can increase to 4? That means 2 Brahmos per month can be manufactured.

Last edited:
So far just 60 Combat Missiles? :lol:
They make 2 engines per month and can increase to 4? That means 2 Brahmos per month can be manufactured.
60 missiles made by Godrej. Godrej is not the only company manufacturing the missile assemblies.
Mind you, there have been around 50 tests of Brahmos missiles from various platforms.
There are around 150-200 missiles in 3 army regiments deployed, and 50+ missiles with the navy. Godrej was also brought into to manufacture the assemblies due to increasing demand/order of the missiles.
I don't know if you're just trolling or ill informed, but have a nice day!

60 missiles made by Godrej. Godrej is not the only company manufacturing the missile assemblies.
Mind you, there have been around 50 tests of Brahmos missiles from various platforms.
There are around 150-200 missiles in 3 army regiments deployed, and 50+ missiles with the navy. Godrej was also brought into to manufacture the assemblies due to increasing demand/order of the missiles.
I don't know if you're just trolling or ill informed, but have a nice day!
Arent they the only ones manufacturing engines as shown in the video? plus the guy says they made 12 Brahmos for tests. So i dont know if to beleive the video or to beleive you.

Arent they the only ones manufacturing engines as shown in the video? plus the guy says they made 12 Brahmos for tests. So i dont know if to beleive the video or to beleive you.

There are four production lines for Brahmos, 2 run by Brahmos Aerospace ltd, one by Godrej, and one by DRDO.

An article from 2012, stating DRDO opening a production line for Brahmos.

http://drdo.b-u.ac.in/press/05_jul_2012.pdf

I wasn't aware of Godrej pitching in for a production line, until now.

I don't think, it said anywhere in the video that Godrej was the only one making Brahmos, or that only 60 Brahmos were made by India. They are showing only Godrej, as they got access to only Godrej or they don't know about the other manufacturers. And, anyways whats the point in showing two or more facilities producing the same product?
Btw- L&T has a much bigger facility and higher production rate for Brahmos missiles, so don't worry, we have enough Brahmos missiles to handle our current enemies.

I think they said Godrej manufactures every single engine of ISRO.

There are four production lines for Brahmos, 2 run by Brahmos Aerospace ltd, one by Godrej, and one by DRDO.

An article from 2012, stating DRDO opening a production line for Brahmos.

http://drdo.b-u.ac.in/press/05_jul_2012.pdf

I wasn't aware of Godrej pitching in for a production line, until now.
The aluminium airframe of The brahmos missile are manufactured only by L&T and Godrej indigenously, the Guidance system by HAL, many other tiny components by various other small private machining companies. Critical component's of the ramjet engine are from russia. DRDO/RCI is involved in the indigenous software development and guidance scheme.
The above link mentioned by you is probably for new assembly lines not production/manufacturing lines or maybe warhead production/fuel filling, etc.
By 2016-2017, even the critical components of the ramjet engine are expected to be manufactured in India. So soon we can expect a close to 100% indigenous Brahmos.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom