What's new

Watch: Abu Dujana and Army Major's audio conversation before encounter

Scripted.. :coffee:

If it were 'scripted' you'd hear a lot of yelling, shouting and 'macho talk' from the Army major; not the reconciliatory and peaceful advice that he gave.

Normally people script things in their favor in a way to enhance their image, unless in Pakistan the trend is to script things against oneself.

Speaking of which, I believe this Army major's CO or anyone who gave him the task of 'talking' to the LeT terrorist (that too in this manner) should be fired.

Army is supposed to shoot terrorists point blank, not 'bhai' 'yaar' them.

LOL i seriously thought two old friends are talking after a long time. Both army major n terrorist are normal human beings after all.

If it were 'scripted' you'd hear a lot of yelling, shouting and 'macho talk' from the Army major; not the reconciliatory and peaceful advice that he gave.

Normally people script things in their favor in a way to enhance their image, unless in Pakistan the trend is to script things against oneself.

Speaking of which, I believe this Army major's CO or anyone who gave him the task of 'talking' to the LeT terrorist (that too in this manner) should be fired.

I'm pretty sure army majors are taught negotiation tactics, he must have been acting according to the necessary SOPs.

Given that the arrests and surrenders are on the rise, these tactics must be working.
If you can make them give up arms and regurgitate intelligence without firing a bullet, in my book that's a win.

I'm pretty sure army majors are taught negotiation tactics, he must have been acting according to the necessary SOPs.

Given that the arrests and surrenders are on the rise, these tactics must be working.
If you can make them give up arms and regurgitate intelligence without firing a bullet, in my book that's a win.

Yes, he handled it well. Portrayed entire thing as a chutia game and not a jehad for Allah. Talked in very friendly terms. Extended his help and reminded him of his parents and wife . Excellent job.

A vital objective in CI Ops today is to attempt to bring the misguided youth back from militancy. Also, it is very important for the officer to avoid as much casualty as he can. If a terrorist can be negotiated with, there is no need for anyone to die on either side.

Army is to maintain peace and everything is not achieved by killing. Infact killing is always to be the last resort. Terrorists need to be shot down, yes. But it's better if they drop their arms and surrender and save many lives.

If anything, the officer would have deserved a commendation card if this had worked.

A vital objective in CI Ops today is to attempt to bring the misguided youth back from militancy. Also, it is very important for the officer to avoid as much casualty as he can. If a terrorist can be negotiated with, there is no need for anyone to die on either side.

Army is to maintain peace and everything is not achieved by killing. Infact killing is always to be the last resort. Terrorists need to be shot down, yes. But it's better if they drop their arms and surrender and save many lives.

If anything, the officer would have deserved a commendation card if this had worked.

Bull...

1. He was a Pakistani and not a 'misguided Kashmiri' as you're making it out to be.

2. In counter-terror, a lot can be achieved by killing. Recall what Russia did when the children's school was attacked. What Israel does. What US does. Killing the terrorist mercilessly sends a strong signal down the ranks. You have to instill fear in their hearts. Skin them alive and hang them upside down wrapped in pig's skin. Yasin Malik types surrender and then you can se what they do.

3. Army is not there to maintain peace. Army is there to kill terrorists and guard from Pakistani invasion under specific provisions of AFSPA. Maintaining peace is not Army's job. You have Paramilitary and J&K police to maintain peace.

4. If you wanna 'save lives' and not kill terrorists, then go sit at home and eat noodles and momos and rotest at Jantar Mantar. Your (Army's) job is to kill every single terrorist you can find. Period. Army is a sword. You don't sew clothes with a sword.

5. I'm not accusing the Major, unless it was his personal decision to negotiate and that too in this language. I'm saying if his CO is responsible for giving the orders, the CO should be sent home.

'Yaar'? 'Bhai'?

Bl**dy my a$$.

I think it must someone from police not army.

video not available

Dujana had no smart phone.

LOL i seriously thought two old friends are talking after a long time. Both army major n terrorist are normal human beings after all.

This remind me the movie Ab tak chappan. Both police and underworld guys are in try to kill each others but when they talk, they talk like very close friends. Excellent dialogues.

can anyone translate what they are talking?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom