What's new

Watch: Abu Dujana and Army Major's audio conversation before encounter

IMO you are wrong on some fronts...let me try to share my thoughts...

1. He was a Pakistani and not a 'misguided Kashmiri' as you're making it out to be.
Yes, however do u think it made any difference to the stone pelters or Azaadi brigade?? At end two civilians died...if Major's effort could have made him surrender we might have saved few idiots on our side as well as the blown away timber and some mess to clear later..no?? Most importantly...it can open up options for future surrenders...Even this chap knew that other side is playing with them as well...so that leaves an opportunity to tap into...no??

2. In counter-terror, a lot can be achieved by killing. Recall what Russia did when the children's school was attacked. What Israel does. What US does. Killing the terrorist mercilessly sends a strong signal down the ranks. You have to instill fear in their hearts. Skin them alive and hang them upside down wrapped in pig's skin. Yasin Malik types surrender and then you can se what they do.
Wasn't he killed?? So what is the message?? Surrender or get killed, no?? As far as Yasin Malik and likes are concerned then IA would happily want to have more Malik's then Burhan Wani...as even after his death he is hurting us...

3. Army is not there to maintain peace. Army is there to kill terrorists and guard from Pakistani invasion under specific provisions of AFSPA. Maintaining peace is not Army's job. You have Paramilitary and J&K police to maintain peace.
Ummmm nopes...all army actions are there for one specific aim...maintain peace in valley....having said i understand the gist of your point..so fair enough...

4. If you wanna 'save lives' and not kill terrorists, then go sit at home and eat noodles and momos and rotest at Jantar Mantar. Your (Army's) job is to kill every single terrorist you can find. Period. Army is a sword. You don't sew clothes with a sword.

5. I'm not accusing the Major, unless it was his personal decision to negotiate and that too in this language. I'm saying if his CO is responsible for giving the orders, the CO should be sent home.

'Yaar'? 'Bhai'?

Bl**dy my a$$.

Already explained above...you are just being too harsh and probably missing the big picture....Message has gone quiet well...IA is a professional force and not some trigger happy mercenary...IA has a human side and will give you an opportunity to surrender however at the end of the day you will not be spared, should you not comply...

That idiot died but he could have listen to the Major! They understood that they are just pawn for a game.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom