What's new

Was the creation of Pakistan a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could the Kings who ruled India, serve those who served the Kings for almost a 1000 years. We were the Kings and we still are the Kings in our own land.

You were the downtrodden then - and you remain the downtrodden now.

keep living in fool's paradise...even afgans felt that way,look where they are now

the fact that indian muslims are doing better than pak1s matter nothing.
muslims were nevr targeted in india. there were some riots, but never have the muslims been exterminated here like hindus in pak were finished off.

man they write in their text books that muslims are superior and should treat hindus,sikhs as their enemies!!

Yes, the principal of my madrassa was a white mullah who was not even a Muslim.

at least u admitted u studied under a mullah in madrassa!!:taz:

keep living in fool's paradise...even afgans felt that way,look where they are now

man they write in their text books that muslims are superior and should treat hindus,sikhs as their enemies!!

Irrespective, I am in large majority and I am free in my country. At least my existence is not threatened by the appeasement of minorities like yours in India.

And this what they teach in Indian Hindu madrassas:

For many years now, the RSS, for example, has through its Saraswati Shishu Mandirs and Vidya Bharati primary and secondary schools, and through its Shakhas undertaken this project. They have, for example, in books published by Saraswati Shishu Mandir Prakashan for classes four and five, portrayed all communities other than the Hindus as foreigners in India, wrongly described the medieval period as the Muslim period and, following the footsteps of the British, portrayed the period as one of great oppression and decline. These books, in the name of instilling patriotism and valour among Indians, spread falsehoods, treat mythological religious figures like actual historical figures and make absurd claims such as that the Qutab Minar was built by Samudragupta. They claim that Ashoka’s advocating of Ahimsa (non-violence) spread cowardice and that the struggle for India’s freedom became a religious war against Muslims, and so on. (It is not surprising that Mahatma Gandhi, the apostle of non-violence and the builder of the freedom struggle as a common struggle of the Hindus and Muslims against British imperialism gets described in their lexicon as a Dushtatma.) Quite understandably, the National Steering Committee on Textbook Evaluation (consisting of a large number of experts from all over the country) appointed by the NCERT itself, a few years ago, came to the conclusion that the main purpose which these books would serve is to gradually transform the young children into bigoted morons in the garb of instilling in them patriotism. One may emphasise here that the communalists have focused attention on history because it is on a particular distorted and often totally fabricated presentation of history that the communal ideology is hinged.

Communalisation of Education | Mridula Mukherjee, Aditya Mukherjee

All those people who think along those lines should be shot in the head without a second thought, and btw to appreciate the heaven you are living in, just pay a visit to india and see how "peaceful" it is, and don't bother to come back.

Over the years, I have come across many people who believed that Pakistan should never have been created. Keeping today’s lawlessness and corruption in mind, I often feel that they are indeed right.

However, amongst the many reasons given to me by such individuals for Pakistan being a mistake, one of the most prominent is that had India not been divided then, Muslims today would have been the largest religious group in the subcontinent. Such statements are misguiding as these people are misinformed.

Currently the population of Muslims in the subcontinent is 510 million, with roughly 180 million each in Pakistan and India, and another 150 million in Bangladesh. Had partition not taken place, the subcontinent’s total population would have been 1.7 billion (including the Muslims in India, Bangladesh and Pakistan).

Therefore, 510 million Muslims in the total population of 1.7 billion would mean that Muslims would have been only 30% of the total population. Keeping these statistics in mind, surely Muslims would not have been as powerful in a United India as they are today with Pakistan or Bangladesh (where Muslims are more than 90% of the population in both countries).

So, was the creation of Pakistan a big mistake?

Let me tell you a few stories I heard from my father.

My father, when he was alive, often used to tell me of the hardships Muslims had to endure in the pre-partition India. Most restaurants were out of bounds for Muslims. Thus when my father and his friends desperately wanted to eat at such restaurants, they would walk in and ask,

“You’re sure Muslims are not served here?”

The owner would reply,

“Muslims and dogs are not served here.”

And my father and his friends would then eat at such eateries, pretending to be non-Muslims.

In geography text books of those times, prescribed for schools in Kathiwar (present day Indian Gujarat), the regions comprising present-day Pakistan and Bangladesh were described as having climates which were “unsuitable for industrialisation”, because they were Muslim-majority areas. Hence the non-Muslims would set up textile mills in Ahmedabad and jute mills in Calcutta, even though cotton was produced in West Pakistan and jute in East Pakistan (present day Bangladesh).

Muslims were thus condemned to be peasants, and this would not have changed even if India had remained untied. Proof of this is that the first textile and jute mills in Pakistan and Bangladesh were set up by Muslim refugees after partition.

During my college days, a relative of mine brought back a book from Mumbai (former Bombay) on how to write good letters for job applications. The letters began with the words, “I am a Brahmin, 25-years-old,” or “I am a Jain,” or “I am a Christian” and so on. In that whole 200-page book, the word “Muslim” did not even occur once. One could easily have concluded that Muslims had become extinct in India.

Back in 1976, I was supplying fuel oil to ships at Karachi port. I would come across people of many ethnicities and nationalities serving in the ships. There were Muslim officers and engineers in ships of practically all countries, except those of India. Once I asked a Parsi engineer on an Indian ship,

“How is it that on your ships there are Christians, Parsis, Sikhs and Hindus, but no Muslims?”

“Indian Muslims don’t like to work on ships,” he shrugged and replied.

Therefore, did Mr Jinnah make a mistake in almost single-handedly creating Pakistan?

Perhaps it may appear so to some, particularly those who had to leave everything behind in India and flee to the new country to save themselves and are still suffering on their new land of the pure. But on deliberation and keeping facts in mind, I personally believe that the emergence of a new country for the Muslims of the subcontinent was perhaps the best thing to have happened in recent history.

Looking at the pitiable condition of Muslims in India (not every Indian Muslim shares the same fate as Shahrukh Khan or Salman Khan), I believe that my parents took the right decision in 1947 and migrated to the new country. Had they stayed in India, they would surely have been killed by wild mobs, who were indulging in indiscriminate killing of Muslims.

Was the creation of Pakistan a mistake? – The Express Tribune Blog
Shakir Lakhani
A graduate from NED University in mechanical engineering, he has been part of the chemical and petroleum marketing industry in Pakistan and was a visiting lecturer at NED University. He tweets @shakirlakhani twitter.com/shakirlakhani

Last edited by a moderator:
partition was a must, however muslims did not get a fear deal in India, they are still suffering, I think India needs to partitioned more to be honest, places like Kashmir, UP, Hyderabad need to create their own countries

Pakistan was the land allotted for the entire South Asian Muslims, the second Muslim homeland of Bangladesh was created out of this, if you wish for more, use the same land you had been alloted for Pakistan. :cheesy:

the fact that indian muslims are doing better than pak1s matter nothing.
muslims were nevr targeted in india. there were some riots, but never have the muslims been exterminated here like hindus in pak were finished off.

It takes a lot of effort to exterminate 160 million of them.

And like the old Indian army motto - you don't have it in you.

Irrespective, I am in large majority and I am free in my country. At least my existence is not threatened by the appeasement of minorities like yours in India.

And this what they teach in Indian Hindu madrassas:

For many years now, the RSS, for example, has through its Saraswati Shishu Mandirs and Vidya Bharati primary and secondary schools, and through its Shakhas undertaken this project. They have, for example, in books published by Saraswati Shishu Mandir Prakashan for classes four and five, portrayed all communities other than the Hindus as foreigners in India, wrongly described the medieval period as the Muslim period and, following the footsteps of the British, portrayed the period as one of great oppression and decline. These books, in the name of instilling patriotism and valour among Indians, spread falsehoods, treat mythological religious figures like actual historical figures and make absurd claims such as that the Qutab Minar was built by Samudragupta. They claim that Ashoka’s advocating of Ahimsa (non-violence) spread cowardice and that the struggle for India’s freedom became a religious war against Muslims, and so on. (It is not surprising that Mahatma Gandhi, the apostle of non-violence and the builder of the freedom struggle as a common struggle of the Hindus and Muslims against British imperialism gets described in their lexicon as a Dushtatma.) Quite understandably, the National Steering Committee on Textbook Evaluation (consisting of a large number of experts from all over the country) appointed by the NCERT itself, a few years ago, came to the conclusion that the main purpose which these books would serve is to gradually transform the young children into bigoted morons in the garb of instilling in them patriotism. One may emphasise here that the communalists have focused attention on history because it is on a particular distorted and often totally fabricated presentation of history that the communal ideology is hinged.

Communalisation of Education | Mridula Mukherjee, Aditya Mukherjee

problem is no one is studying in these rss shakhas,,,unlike madrassas which are way more popular

It is interesting to note that the author blamed flat out the Hindu majority of Undivided India for the lack of Industrialization in Muslim dominated areas. Kathiawad,as for example was comprised of number of Princely states who were univocally Pro British and One of the major of these states were Junagad,ruled by a pro Pakistani Nawab. On the Other hand Bengal Province was a Muslim dominated region and it was ruled by Muslim League Government.

So,if the precarious conditions of the Muslims is to be blamed upon somebody,why it is not Muslim League to be blamed? Partition was an catastrophic consequences of the bloody riots we witnessed after Gandhi's mistimed quit India Movement when all the top Congress eminence were put in Allahabad Forte. It was an obvious result of the shrewd and opportunistic politics of both Congress and Muslim league while unfortunately the pathetic fate of the poor and the destitutes of the subcontinent is still far from over.

Pakistan was the land allotted for the entire South Asian Muslims, the second Muslim homeland of Bangladesh was created out of this, if you wish for more, use the same land you had been alloted for Pakistan. :cheesy:

bhai plot same rahega..............add more floors if u want!!:omghaha:

It is interesting to note that the author blamed flat out the Hindu majority of Undivided India for the lack of Industrialization in Muslim dominated areas. Kathiawad,as for example was comprised of number of Princely states who were univocally Pro British and One of the major of these states were Junagad,ruled by a pro Pakistani Nawab. On the Other hand Bengal Province was a Muslim dominated region and it was ruled by Muslim League Government.

So,if the precarious conditions of the Muslims is to be blamed upon somebody,why it is not Muslim League to be blamed? Partition was an catastrophic consequences of the bloody riots we witnessed after Gandhi's mistimed quit India Movement when all the top Congress eminence were put in Allahabad Forte. It was an obvious result of the shrewd and opportunistic politics of both Congress and Muslim league while unfortunately the pathetic fate of the poor and the destitutes of the subcontinent is still far from over.

how dare u blame the sacred muslim league and its ultra peaceful followers!!:P

Yes and he was white and non Muslim.

Yes, the Turks are superior to Indians. Agreed.

sure whatever makes u live happily:chilli:

It takes a lot of effort to exterminate 160 million of them.

And like the old Indian army motto - you don't have it in you.

And which army did surrender en masse?:ashamed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom