What's new

War on terror Cost Pakistan $68 Billion

Yeah shift Pakistan to some other place!!!!!

Plz how you are planning to get of a war that is fought in Pakistan?????

You can end the war but cannot run from it.

we can end the war whenever we want, if it really was our war there would be no taliban or al qaida anymore, Nato cant stop them in afghanistan and the taliban run into Pakistan, then we fight them

if we were fighting in afghanistan, then the war would have been over since last 5 years

we can end the war whenever we want, if it really was our war there would be no taliban or al qaida anymore, Nato cant stop them in afghanistan and the taliban run into Pakistan, then we fight them

if we were fighting in afghanistan, then the war would have been over since last 5 years

Hhhhmmmmm thats strange..........Pakistan is complaining about cost of war in its own area and you are talking about war in another country

The PPP government have increased the amount of Pakistan debt to over 11,000 Trillion Rupees where as when this government came to power it was only 6,000. Indeed PPP leader ship should be proud of themselves for this achievement. After all they were able to take same amount of loans in 3 years as in 62 years of this country's history.
Those who championed the slogan "Roti, Kappra, Makkan" actually took all three from the common man of Pakistan.

@ macnurv why you are blaming PPP government on such a hike in Pakistan's debts, dont you know the cost of militiary operations and expenditure that Pakistan did on Swat, tribal areas and border areas with Afghanistan. This sharp hike in debt is just because of heavy military expenditure as enemy has put in trillions of dollors to fight against Pakistan. I am 100 % sure that on the war is over and conditions normalize in the country Pakistan's GDP will grow much faster and debt will come down as a percentage of GDP

@ macnurv why you are blaming PPP government on such a hike in Pakistan's debts, dont you know the cost of militiary operations and expenditure that Pakistan did on Swat, tribal areas and border areas with Afghanistan. This sharp hike in debt is just because of heavy military expenditure as enemy has put in trillions of dollors to fight against Pakistan. I am 100 % sure that on the war is over and conditions normalize in the country Pakistan's GDP will grow much faster and debt will come down as a percentage of GDP

don't drag military expenditure into this to save PPP. Pakistan has received more money in the form of education, development etc from U.S and especially from IMF. And you can see where the money goes by having a view at PPP members' wealth.

Its not that easy now a days to simply eat up the money without having adequate development projects under way. i think you are living in a paradise of fools. Media is always after the politicians and smelling for any big scandals. The major burden on our economy is this war on terror on which pakistan is spending billions.

I my self has seen the new police cars, latest weapons for police, army and other forces, war planes etc etc etc these all things are not free they cost us billions of rupees, so obviously when economy is not performing and no body is intrested in paying taxes, government will hav to borrow to bridge the budget deficit. Here i blame to those Pakistani's who are dis honest and do not pay their due share of taxes due to which our govt has to beg to IMF and World bank for loans on very strict terms. This goventment has made some harsh decisions which may reduce its vote bank but it is in the best intrest of the country to save it from defualt. I request all the Pakistanis to please pay their income tax honestly.

people who are trying to defend PPP should just go and write benazir and zardari palace in dubai. i am sure that all that is made by state money. and then go to raiwind nawaz sharif. i am 300% sure that he doesnt pay any sort of tax for that.at least the military is saving your cheeky bum from being sat all day on the pavement because the taliban blew up your house. at least the army is saving your schools from being blown to bits by the taliban.

Pakistan has incurred losses of $68 billion because of this WOT. How much has the US given Pakistan since 1947? Is it more than $68 billion, or even close to it?

From 1947-2002 Pakistan has received about 30 Billion USD in economical assitance and 7 Billion USD as military aid. So thats 37 Billion dollar, without taking dollar inflation into account. And from 2002 -2010 Pakistan has received a bit over 21 Billion USD. So that makes it about 60 Billion USD.

US Aid to Pakistan and Democracy

Total aid from US is around USD 30 billion mark (1947 - 2011), as per sources I have access to. US is the largest donor to Pakistan. In addition, Pakistan receives aid from several other nations.

So Pakistan has still generated a net loss of $38 billion for fighting the US's WOT. Considering the fact that the US spends $2 billion per week in Afghanistan ($104 billion per year), then $30 billion from 1947-2011 for Pakistan is quite minuscule.

From 1947-2002 Pakistan has received about 30 Billion USD in economical assitance and 7 Billion USD as military aid. So thats 37 Billion dollar, without taking dollar inflation into account. And from 2002 -2010 Pakistan has received a bit over 21 Billion USD. So that makes it about 60 Billion USD.

US Aid to Pakistan and Democracy

The US spends $2 billion a week in Afghanistan ($104 billion a year) as a part of its military aid, & about $3 billion per year as a form of non-military aid. Pakistan has received $21 billion from 2002-2010 from the US, while it has generated losses of $68 billion in this WOT, making the net losses $47 billion.

Ok mate,,, I wasnt talking about attacks on Pakistani institution ........I was talking about Pakistan losing ground to Taliban.
Pakistan gave swat to them but Taliban never stopped there , they kept on moving ahead .........pakistan delayed the counter attack as late as it can ........But govt. Realized they have to fight if they want to survive.
Pakistan still have not helped USA in afghanistan by sending its troops there........pakistan is fighting war on its own ground not in a foreign country.

The only option Pakistan have is fight formits survival and Pakistan is doing good job with it........terrorists in desperation are causing bomb blast etc ........ But Pakistan will not and shall not bow down to these terrorist acts ........

Once the area is cleared by army ..... Attacks will lower and ultimately vanish and economy will recover .
Pakistan deserves to be safed

mate we both are just sitting on computer n talking without any problem, but those soldiers have to fight, and we cant fight so many groups at the same time, n we didnt invite taliban, thanks to a superpower whose starts sh!t n runs away

Hhhhmmmmm thats strange..........Pakistan is complaining about cost of war in its own area and you are talking about war in another country

thats loss to our economy dude, we can end the war if we have good enough politicians, and u must have heard that usa is trying to negotiate with taliban

their huge economy is suffering than how can small economy like Pakistan afford that

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

:no: I doubt your claim

sure its ur opinion, we ended soviet war because we wanted to

You have to pay for the seeds you sow, and Pakistan is paying now, hope its a positive lesson learned from this or generation will continue to pay this debt.

dude like i said before, usa started to fight taliban not us, and usa created taliban in soviet war not us,

but nvm ur never gonna accept anything that supports Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom