Walton prepares three ventilators for clinical trials

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
94436786_640568913187481_7903238113860780032_n.jpg

95440747_640568926520813_738933970632179712_o.jpg

95265300_640568903187482_5199176637588963328_o.jpg

Tech company Walton today handed over prototypes of three locally developed ventilators to the Information Communication Technology division for placing it before the Directorate General of Health Services for clinical trials.

Of the three ventilators, one has been developed according to the design and using components of the globally renowned medical device company Medtronic. Walton has developed the other two on their own, it said in an online press briefing organised by the ICT division.

Zunaid Ahmed Palak, state minister for the ICT division, has received the ventilators from Walton and will send it to the DGHS for testing tomorrow.

"We have received 18 ventilators from different organisations and individuals and are evaluating those," said Palak.

He said Walton's PB560 model will be technically sound as Medtronic directly supervised it through their Dhaka staff and Hyderabad (India) office.

Thanking Medtronic and Omar Ishrak, chairman of the board of Intel and head of Medtronic, the state minister said without his personal support this would not have been possible.

"Now DGHS will decide where they will test these ventilators and for how long they will be tested," said Palak.

Walton has already ordered equipment for production of the ventilators and those will be in the country by last week of May and after that they will start manufacturing, said Golam Murshed, executive director of Walton.

On March 31, the government received the patent, design and source code of making ventilators from Medtronic.

NM Zeaul Alam, senior secretary of the ICT division, and senior executives of Walton also spoke at the session.

A ventilator is a mechanical breathing device essential for patients suffering from breathing problems and respiratory illness. As Covid-19 is a virus that attacks the lungs, ventilators are essential to treat patients with severe symptoms.

https://www.thedailystar.net/walton-prepares-three-ventilators-for-clinical-test-1897603

@fitpOsitive bhai what is your opinion of Bangladeshi ventilators above? Believe you have a medical background - not sure. Appreciate your comments.

@fitpOsitive bhai what is your opinion of Bangladeshi ventilators above? Believe you have a medical background - not sure. Appreciate your comments.
I am engineer. :p:
All medical devices should conform with tight safety regulations during production. If this is licenced production then should be a tested formula. Otherwise reliability might be a big issue in newer designs.
That's my opinion.

I am engineer. :p:
All medical devices should conform with tight safety regulations during production. If this is licenced production then should be a tested formula. Otherwise reliability might be a big issue in newer designs.
That's my opinion.

Medtronic (US) provided the specs, design and standards for these ventilators. Licensing will not be required for production during pandemic use only. And exports are also not allowed.

I don't think our local standards institution BSI has standards for this electrical item yet. But I'm sure they will probably test it.

Medtronic (US) provided the specs, design and standards for these ventilators. Licensing will not be required for production during pandemic use only. And exports are also not allowed.

I don't think our local standards institution BSI has standards for this electrical item yet. But I'm sure they will probably test it.
In this case we will follow the international standards, like en, iec, ml etc. I don't know the medical equipment standards.

In this case we will follow the international standards, like en, iec, ml etc. I don't know the medical equipment standards.

You are correct. I believe for electrical safety in US and Canada, UL and CSA are responsible.

ISO has a standard for medical equipment, and ASTM also has free access (due to Covid-19) to their elaborate standards for respirators here (material testing etc.),

https://www.astm.org/COVID-19/

You are correct. I believe for electrical safety in US and Canada, UL and CSA are responsible.

ISO has a standard for medical equipment, and ASTM also has free access (due to Covid-19) to their elaborate standards for respirators here (material testing etc.),

https://www.astm.org/COVID-19/
A free running, or not working vantilator can kill a patient. For more than standard, regorous testing is a must. But anyway, not my domain of experience.

Back
Top Bottom