What's new

Violence Erupts After Hindu Vet Accused of Blasphemy in Pakistan

Chhatrapati

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
1075399798.jpg

Violence Erupts After Hindu Vet Accused of Blasphemy in Pakistan (PHOTO)
© Twitter/timesofpak123
ASIA & PACIFIC
09:13 28.05.2019Get short URL

According to local police, a probe would be carried out; the vet was taken to a safe location after the unrest broke out in the Pakistani town.

A Hindu veterinarian was taken into custody on Monday in Pakistan’s Sindh province, after the head cleric of the local mosque, Maulvi Ishaq Nohri, filed a police complaint accusing the vet of committing blasphemy, SAMAA TV reported.

Ramesh Kumar, who was working as a vet, was accused of using pages of a holy book to wrap medicine, according to local reports.

The punishment for such actions in Pakistan ranges from three months in jail and a fine up to a life sentence.

READ MORE: Pakistan Has to Accept Talks and Terror Can't Go Together — Ex-Indian Diplomat

In response to the incident, unrest broke out as protesters started to set fire to shops owned by Hindus and burn tyres.
According to reports, almost 1,500 have been charged with blasphemy in Pakistan between 1987 and 2016.

A large number of Hindus live in Sindh province and in Karachi.

Link

1075399798.jpg

Violence Erupts After Hindu Vet Accused of Blasphemy in Pakistan (PHOTO)
© Twitter/timesofpak123
ASIA & PACIFIC
09:13 28.05.2019Get short URL

According to local police, a probe would be carried out; the vet was taken to a safe location after the unrest broke out in the Pakistani town.

A Hindu veterinarian was taken into custody on Monday in Pakistan’s Sindh province, after the head cleric of the local mosque, Maulvi Ishaq Nohri, filed a police complaint accusing the vet of committing blasphemy, SAMAA TV reported.

Ramesh Kumar, who was working as a vet, was accused of using pages of a holy book to wrap medicine, according to local reports.

The punishment for such actions in Pakistan ranges from three months in jail and a fine up to a life sentence.

READ MORE: Pakistan Has to Accept Talks and Terror Can't Go Together — Ex-Indian Diplomat

In response to the incident, unrest broke out as protesters started to set fire to shops owned by Hindus and burn tyres.
According to reports, almost 1,500 have been charged with blasphemy in Pakistan between 1987 and 2016.

A large number of Hindus live in Sindh province and in Karachi.

Link
Ok , fine but our authorities are trying save hindus unlike india where even police even becomes deaf when it comes to hindu-Muslim riots and Muslims are badly beaten and killed ....

Last edited:
Aw...sindh
You shall be liberated form the evil that graps you, I swear it. We all swear it.

Ok , fine but our authorities are trying save hindus unlike india where even police even becomes deaf when it comes to hindu-Muslum riots and Muslims are badly beaten and killed ....
Your authorities arrested a Hindu man, just because a cleric accused him of Blasphemy.
This is not about India, Indians, Indian Muslims or Indian Hindus.

I'm going to say something you will never hear our dear Internet Hindu friends say.

Communal violence is wrong and anyone who targets minorities needs to be brought to justice.

Your authorities arrested a Hindu man, just because a cleric accused him of Blasphemy.
Go cry somewhere else. Pakistani authorities are like day compared to the incompetence in the east.

I'm going to say something you will never hear our dear Internet Hindu friends say.

Communal violence is wrong and anyone who targets minorities needs to be brought to justice.
Its forbidden

Well , a man filed a complaint so they arrested him , they did't allow a mob to kill him , investigation will be carried out and then we'll see if it was true or not ...

They likely saved his life. If they didn't take him into custody, the mobs would have killed him.

==

I've said my piece on issues like this a long time ago, I'm gonna bow out of this one, as it's frustrating to argue against people who aren't willing to listen to reason.

We need to protect our minorities. What message these Mullah/Molvis sending to world. Islam is religion of peace?
Mob is burning their shops . What they achieve from violence. They are Just taking out hate against other religion. We should never support any form of violence .

I'm not crying sunny, not even surprised. What a pathetic state of affairs.

Pathetic state of Affairs?? Your country is filled with such affairs where people get killed and lynched for eating beef or transporting cows. You openly run pogroms like love jehad, ghar wapsi , killing dalits and raping women is a national sport.

Your country is basically a sh!thole and your complainning about our pathetic affairs???

Unbelievable

Well , a man filed a complaint so they arrested him , they did't allow a mob to kill him , investigation will be carried out and then we'll see if it was true or not ...
That must be a great thing I guess. Hopefully the lucky man gets away.

They likely saved his life. If they didn't take him into custody, the mobs would have killed him.

==

I've said my piece on issues like this a long time ago, I'm gonna bow out of this one, as it's frustrating to argue against people who aren't willing to listen to reason.
Yep, these two statements are surprising.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I just replied to a comment drawing lines to my country hence I engaged with the member. I just posted it, and usually leave such a discussion.

Pathetic state of Affairs?? Your country is filled with such affairs where people get killed and lynched for eating beef or transporting cows. You openly run pogroms like love jehad, ghar wapsi , killing dalits and raping women is a national sport.

Your country is basically a sh!thole and your complainning about our pathetic affairs???

Unbelievable
Well then, welcome to the club.

That must be a great thing I guess. Hopefully the lucky man gets away.

Yep, these two statements are surprising.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I just replied to a comment drawing lines to my country hence I engaged with the member. I just posted it, and usually leave such a discussion.

Well then, welcome to the club.
Whether talking about a Hindu in Pakistan, or Muslim in India, such things will occur, regardless of which forum you visit. It's the nature of the two countries, one that I believe will not change for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom