What's new

Vietnam the winner of China’s 0 Covid strategy

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Investors rush to Vietnam amid China lockdown.

Vietnam China
Vietnam ist absehbar der große Gewinner der extremen Null-Covid-Politik in China – das zeigt sich bereits jetzt.

Great job for Mexi.....I mean Vietnam.

Vietnam China
Vietnam ist absehbar der große Gewinner der extremen Null-Covid-Politik in China – das zeigt sich bereits jetzt.

This German writer highlight ( foreign) investors bullies on Vietnam in his writing but doesn't provide Vietnam FDI for Q1 2022 in his writing ???

He needs to put FDI in Q1 to make the writing complete and meet the topic

------------------------------------------

Vietnam received $4.42 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in the first quarter, up 7.8% from a year earlier, the Ministry of Planning and Investment said on Monday.

FDI has been a key driver of Vietnam’s economic growth. Companies with FDI account for around 70% of the Southeast Asian country’s exports.

Vietnam got some shoe and t shirt jobs at the cost of thousands of lives.

No need to belittle them. Vietnam is to China what Mexico is to US. They're manufacturing cars, electronics and machinery in addition to small manufacturing.

All countries except China are gambling their countries' future. They have to pray for covid mercy. They pray next variant is not a killer.

This German writer highlight ( foreign) investors bullies on Vietnam in his writing but doesn't provide Vietnam FDI for Q1 2022 in his writing ???

He needs to put FDI in Q1 to make the writing complete and meet the topic

------------------------------------------

Vietnam received $4.42 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) in the first quarter, up 7.8% from a year earlier, the Ministry of Planning and Investment said on Monday.

FDI has been a key driver of Vietnam’s economic growth. Companies with FDI account for around 70% of the Southeast Asian country’s exports.

If FDI is an important indicator, I don't quite understand why Vietnam is better than China. In the first quarter, China's FDI reached US$59.09 billion, a year-on-year increase of 31.7%.

If FDI is an important indicator, I don't quite understand why Vietnam is better than China. In the first quarter, China's FDI reached US$59.09 billion, a year-on-year increase of 31.7%.

Actually Vietnam FDI is not really phenomenal, Indonesia FDI for instant is more than 10 billion USD in Q1 2022, around 36 percent increase compare the same period last year, our domestic investors investment figure is about the same, an increase about 15 percent from last year.

This is what many writer/reporter like to do, not bringing the complete data in order to serve their writing title.

Thanks for the number.
I was lazy to find the numbers & just about to write that Vn lost lives/health in return for better FDI.
lol, it turns out they did worse, much like usa whose gdp contracted despite living with virus.

I guess many cant understand that u cant grow ur economy, not long term anyway, with sick/dead people.

No need to belittle them. Vietnam is to China what Mexico is to US. They're manufacturing cars, electronics and machinery in addition to small manufacturing.
Being Mexicans is not a bad thing. The comparison is ok. Vietnam is 20y behind China in economic development.

Vietnam China

You do know that the virus is already under control in Shanghai within 35 days right, Shanghai is 2% of China. 98% of China is still open. Even in lockdown Shanghai 600 key enterprises are still working. Vietnam was supposed to be the winner from the trade war, look at what happened? Lol. Vietnam can only compare itself to one Chinese province. Tahts all

Being Mexicans is not a bad thing. The comparison is ok. Vietnam is 20y behind China in economic development.
It's 30 years if you look closely.

All countries except China are gambling their countries' future. They have to pray for covid mercy. They pray next variant is not a killer.
They have no choice. They can't contain it like us. Having said that, I am not a fan of lockdowns, but Shanghai infection was really bad due to mismanagement early on. There will be a balance going forward. I was shocked when Shanghai was only doing mass testing so late in the epidemic, Beijing Tianjin did their when they had a few dozen cases.

Yesterday US had 105k infections and 1900 dead, Shanghai had 500+ dead in 35 days. Their One DAY death is 3x Chinese deaths in 35 days.

I remember Vietnam begging us for vaccines when they had the delta outbreak. Lol

I remember people were laughing when we were so serious in Wuhan in 2020.we managed to clamped it down in 1.5 months and brought China 2 years of peace. Now 2 years later and the US is convincing the world its alright now, they are laughing at China in Shanghai.... Bill Gates said this virus might mutate into a more lethal form. But how many country can contain it? China can contain it while growing economically due to our dynamic zero covid policy. US is basically saying ****. It and all teh lackeys are thinking its alright. Lolol. Let's see what happens a few months down the road.

Vietnam got some shoe and t shirt jobs at the cost of thousands of lives.
Vietnam is 80 percent full vaccination. Even higher than Germany with 77 percent.
Vietnam death rate just sinks to 0.
Lockdown is not sustainable. Vietnam had two months full lockdown that led to nothing accept high human and economic costs. I don’t think China can stop the virus with lockdown.

Vietnam is 80 percent full vaccination. Even higher than Germany with 77 percent.
Vietnam death rate just sinks to 0.
Lockdown is not sustainable. Vietnam had two months full lockdown that led to nothing accept high human and economic costs. I don’t think China can stop the virus with lockdown.

Looks like Vietnam gave up and let the virus go.

Back
Top Bottom