Vietnam plans live-fire drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimarraul

Reaction score
Vietnam plans live-fire drill
(Agencies)
Updated: 2011-06-11 07:45 Comments(22) PrintMail Large Medium Small

HANOI - Vietnam announced a live ammunition drill in the South China Sea.

Vietnam said Friday its Navy would carry out two exercises totaling nine hours Monday in an area off the country's central Quang Nam province. The announcement posted on the state-owned Northern Maritime Safety Corp's website warned boats and ships to stay out of the area. It was the first time Vietnam has issued such an alert about conducting maritime drills.

On Thursday, China accused Vietnam of illegally entering its waters and endangering its fishermen's lives. Hours earlier, Vietnam had slammed China for interfering with its seismic survey off the country's central coast, saying the Chinese fishing boat supported by two patrol vessels had damaged an exploration cable on a survey boat hired by state-owned PetroVietnam.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said the Chinese fishing boat crew had merely been protecting itself after being dragged backward for over an hour by a Vietnamese vessel - one, he said, that was illegally working at the scene.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the recent incidents had raised tensions and concerns about maritime security.

"The US, like many other nations, has interests in the South China Sea. What there needs to be is a collaborative diplomatic process, a peaceful process, to resolve various territorial disputes. Shows of force, other gestures like that, just I think raise tensions," he told a news conference.

Every " strange ships ' appears in the drill area will become the live target for Vietnam People Navy! :cheers: !

the situation is getting murky.I hope peace prevails in future.....

This was a really prompt action. Guess the lilly-kneed MMS & Co could learn a thing or two from the Vietnamese.

This was a really prompt action. Guess the lilly-kneed MMS & Co could learn a thing or two from the Vietnamese.

lol..its time..we need somebody like Vajpayee once more.Not referring to the right wing ideology,but someone who believes on taking prompt and decisive action.

Ka - 32 and Ka - 27 of VPA can destroy any kind of Chinese subs ! :cheers: !

when those chinese subs playing fireworks to guide incompetent vietcons`

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

warmongering vietcon shows its true colour`

Chinese ships destroy Vietnam sea cable

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, Chinese boats cut cable of PVN’s vessels.
Read the original news
Báo QĐND English - 3 day(s) ago 46 readings

Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ spokeswoman Nguyen Phuong Nga
Facebook Twitter 0 vote(s) Comment Save this news
PANO – Once again, within only two weeks, Chinese boats repeated their acts of cutting the cable of PetroVietnam’s vessels while they were operating in Vietnam’s sovereignty on June 9th.

The incident was announced at a press conference in Hanoi in the afternoon of the same day.

According to Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ spokeswoman Nguyen Phuong Nga, at 6 a.m. on 9th June 2011, when the Viking 2 vessel, chartered by PetroVietnam (PVN), was conducting seismic explosion survey at lot 136/03: 6o47,5’ North – 109o17,5’ East in the continental shelf of Vietnam, the fishing boats from China No. 62226 supported by two Chinese fishing enforcement vessels No. 311 and 303 traveled the Viking vessel at the front and then turned direction and accelerated.

“Despite the warning flare of the Vietnamese side, the fishing boat No. 62226 intentionally ran into the exploration cable of the Viking 2 vessel and the specialized cable cutting device of the fishing boat No. 62226 got trapped into the cable net of the Viking 2 vessel, making the Viking 2 vessel not operate normally,” said Ms. Nga.

Later, the two fishing enforcement vessels No. 311 and 303 and a number of other Chinese fishing boats rushed into the area to rescue the boat No. 62226.

“The area where the Viking 2 vessel was conducting seismic explosion survey situated in the 200 nautical miles of Vietnam and completely belongs to the sovereignty of Vietnam, according to United Nations Convention on the Law of Sea in 1982 (UNCLOS 1982),” said the spokeswoman.

She also added that such act by the Chinese fishing boats and fishing enforcement vessels was carefully calculated, tailored and prepared, violating the sovereignty and jurisdiction of Vietnam, also violating the UNCLOS 1982 and the Declaration on the Conduct of the Parties in the East Sea (DOC), going against the common understanding and awareness of both countries’ high-level leaders on the maintenance of peace and stability in the East Sea and causing serious damage to PVN.

The spokeswoman noticed that such incident occurred right after the incident when the Chinese Marine Surveillance vessels cut off the cable of Binh Minh 02 vessel’s cable at lot No. 148 on the continental shelf of Vietnam, on May 26th, further complicating the issue in the East Sea.

“These acts are tailored in a very systematic way by the Chinese side with the aim to turn the undisputed areas into disputed areas and trying to translate the goal of turning the “nine-dotted line” claim by China into reality and this is unacceptable to Vietnam,” she stressed.

“Vietnam strongly opposes to such act by the Chinese side and requests China, basing on the strategic relations between Vietnam and China, to immediately stop and prevent all such acts from recurring, especially those related to the violation of Vietnamese territorial right and jurisdiction on the continental shelf of Vietnam as well as in the exclusive economic zone of Vietnam and making proper compensation to PVN,” she underlined.

According the spokeswoman, on June 9th afternoon, representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam have met with representatives from the Chinese Embassy in Hanoi to express Vietnam’s opposition to such act by the Chinese side and verify Vietnam’s position on this issue.

Again, Chinese boats cut cable of PVN

when those chinese subs playing fireworks to guide incompetent vietcons`

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

warmongering vietcon shows its true colour`
I can imagine the Quality of Chinese ship through out of Chinese product in all over the world :cheers:

I can imagine the Quality of Chinese ship through out of Chinese product in all over the world :cheers:

you are really conceited, as if your contry can make better products than china. i really don't know what to say to you.
i am thinking even if giving all the disputed islands to vietnam, can it do any change to your ordinary life? nothing will be changed don't be so optimistic about your country's military capacity.

you are really conceited, as if your contry can make better products than china. i really don't know what to say to you.
i am thinking even if giving all the disputed islands to vietnam, can it do any change to your ordinary life? nothing will be changed don't be so optimistic about your country's military capacity.

I think over optimistic about military capacity is buying an old broken mothership , give it a new dress and say that: " We have Mothership \m/ ! " :cheers: !

Basically no money = no army. We must give credit where it is due though. They do have a will and it is strong.

As of now, Vietnam is simply no match for China should a war break out, which I believe will not happen unless a Chinese boat is fired upon by Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom