What's new

Vietnam Economy Forum

VN index try to reach to 610 points, but 610 is quite hard to overcome. My ITA-VIP- PXA still increasing well.
It is a trend, but you should be careful though and follow the golden rule of stock investment: only invest money if you can afford losing them. Consult your wife if necessary as she may look more neutral on the matter.

And go out of a stock if you feel uncomfortable. Cash out of a stock.

at the moment, many foreign funds invest because they expect Vietnam to join TPP soon.

It is a trend, but you should be careful though and follow the golden rule of stock investment: only invest money if you can afford losing them. Consult your wife if necessary as she may look more neutral on the matter.

And go out of a stock if you feel uncomfortable. Cash out of a stock.

at the moment, many foreign funds invest because they expect Vietnam to join TPP soon.
Today is bad day for VN index. stock go down to 588 point, but the foreigner still buy in a lot, so, I will keep my stocks instead of selling out.

VN index has gone up too fast so far, it needs some adjustment. Hope it will go up again tmrrow. Thanks for ur suggestion, but my wife and me always have alot of different in doing business, so I'd better play stock alone. :D

Today is bad day for VN index. stock go down to 588 point, but the foreigner still buy in a lot, so, I will keep my stocks instead of selling out.

VN index has gone up too fast so far, it needs some adjustment. Hope it will go up again tmrrow. Thanks for ur suggestion, but my wife and me always have alot of different in doing business, so I'd better play stock alone. :D
normally stocks rise and fall on expections. Looks many sold stocks to secure the gains. It is all about timing. To get in and get out at the right time. Vietnam stock exchange is still underdeveloped. Be careful.

I have stocks of German and US companies, but I am not an active trader. :-)

normally stocks rise and fall on expections. Looks many sold stocks to secure the gains. It is all about timing. To get in and get out at the right time. Vietnam stock exchange is still underdeveloped. Be careful.

I have stocks of German and US companies, but I am not an active trader. :-)
I've been survive in world Gold trade market for almost 4 years when a tycoon like Mr.Kien lost a lot and got arrested, so I hope I can survive on VN stock market, too. VNese can not trade in Gold market anymore coz it is banned now :D

Yep, u should not trade in the stock market,it's full of fraud . But I wanna test my skill and my experience in economy and Philosophical logic (-Das Kapital of Karl Marx is very book to learn abt the capitalist rules and how the money flow ), so let see how many % of benefit I can earn :D

This morning VN index is 587, my ITA is from 10 up to 10,3 . As u can see on the chart-RSI line, after a huge cash out ,RSI almost down to 50, its time for VN Index to go up above 70 again.
1-vn_SOFX.jpg.ashx

Yeah,end of trading today, VN index up to 590 . My warhorse ITA is up to 10.6, VIP-PXA also good :partay:

ITA - the Best warhorse of VN index :partay:

Last edited:
congrat !

all of my pennies still sliding down. :smokin:
Uh, bcz they've gone up so high with 60-100 % benefit already, so they need more time to adjust. My penny PXA has been down many times before, so it is quite strong during huge cash out :D

CVN just have a large amount of buying in, u can take a look on it tmrr.

Uh, bcz they've gone up so high with 60-100 % benefit already, so they need more time to adjust. My penny PXA has been down many times before, so it is quite strong during huge cash out :D

CVN just have a large amount of buying in, u can take a look on it tmrr.

As I said I cut loss 20k PXA at 6.2. Today I jumped in PFL at floor price 5.2. I hope, tomorrow PFL will go up. I got 20 mill VND from it, but I lost in other PVL and PXL

Do you trade following charts ?

Mỡ bát 28.3 thị trường tăng nhẹ 10 điểm | Diễn đàn F319.com

I think you know her on forum in Vietnam. She was right when she forecasted that the VN stock market is broken to downtrend some day before.

Last edited:
As I said I cut lost 20k PXA at 6.2. Today I jumped in PFL at floor price 5.2. I hope, tomorrow PFL will go up. I got 20 mill VND from it, but I lost in other PVL and PXL

Do you trade following charts ?

Mỡ bát 28.3 thị trường tăng nhẹ 10 điểm | Diễn đàn F319.com

I think you know her on forum in Vietnam. She was right when she forecasted that the VN stock market is broken to downtrend some day before.
PFL is up to high. RSI of PFL is still 70 , so I think it will be down again tmrr. But 5.2 is OK price, even it go down tmrr, it will go up again very fast if having good new

I trade follow philosophical logic(Das Kapital of Karl Marx is my favourite book, and very useful for all kind of trade. No capitalist can cheat me when we fully understand the capitalist rules (quy luật vận động của Tư Bản) :D) and my own economic experience, Chart index is just a reference, we need to be good at philosophical logic to know when should we cash in , when should we hold the stock and when must we cash out.

I trade and explain my own experience abt Gold trade and stock market Alone in Hoangsa.org, and dont know any VN website discussing abt Gold and stock market ( coz I dont think they can invest better than me. Tycoon Kien is and example of poor knowledge of VNese in Gold trade and stock market). Join with me if u want .
[Thảo luận] Góc đầu tư, hướng nghiệp. (investment corner)
Kết thúc phiên giao dịch căng thẳng hnay, ngựa chiến ITA sau 2 ngày chống đỡ dữ dội đã vọt lên 10.6 chiếm quán quân về GD .

ITA quả là 1 con ngựa chiến đáng đồng tiền bát gạo
4.gif
4.gif

[Thảo luận] Góc đầu tư, hướng nghiệp. - Trang 36

Last edited:
7:30 pm Mar 25, 2014
Asean

Vietnam Shines as Neighbors Await Export Bounce

By Michael S. Arnold
The Wallstreet Journal

One of the burning questions about Asian economies is why their exports remain so weak despite the synchronized recovery in the United States, Europe and Japan.

Leave Vietnam out of that question.

Vietnam’s exports massively outperformed its peers’ over the 12 months through January, growing 15% on-year at a time when shipments from many members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations were falling. Vietnam’s trade data for March is due out this week.

AI-CH547_RTE_bl_G_20140325062406.jpg

“Vietnam is benefiting from a lot of regional themes right now,” HSBC economist Trinh Nguyen said.

Low wages are attracting manufacturers looking for cheaper locations than China, where labor costs are rising quickly. Vietnam’s demographics are promising and literacy rates are relatively high, producing a workforce with the drive and skills for factory labor.

And as neighboring Thailand implodes, Vietnam appears a beacon of stability by comparison. Say what you will about the political or economic management skills of Vietnam’s Communist rulers, but the party’s grip on power appears secure.

“If you’re a foreign firm trying to offshore your production, one of your considerations is whether or not the people in power, the decision-makers, will stay the same,” Ms. Nguyen said.

Domestic demand in Vietnam has suffered in recent years as authorities tightened monetary policy to fight inflation that had soared above 20%. That has made exports a more important driver of growth, just as massive investments by the likes of Intel, Samsung and others have boosted Vietnam’s role in the electronics supply chain.

Vietnam has especially benefited from two trends in electronics production, ANZ Bank economist Devika Mehndiratta said. For one, while demand from the United States and Europe has generally been weak, electronics sales are soaring in China.

Despite concerns about China’s economic slowdown, “so far it has proved to be at least a small support factor for Asean exports because of its strong demand for electronics,” Ms. Mehndiratta said. Just under 9% of Vietnam’s exports go to China, according to ANZ.

Second, even in the United States, where overall electronics imports were flat last year, imports of telecom equipment were a growth area – and handsets are one area where Vietnam has specialized. The U.S. takes nearly 14% of Vietnam’s exports — the highest rate in Asia — putting it just behind the European Union as one of Vietnam’s largest trading partners.

BN-CC134_0326vi_D_20140326030531.jpg

a container ship at Chua Ve port in the northeastern coastal city of Hai Phong. - Agence France-Presse/Getty Images

“Vietnam just happens to be in the sweet spot in terms of electronics,” Ms. Mehndiratta said. “In the last five or six years, from pretty much nothing, that has taken off hugely.”

Vietnam’s electronics exports jumped nearly 68% in 2012, and another 35% in 2013. Exports of phones grew by 85% and 67% in those two years.

Of course, given the high statistical base that’s been established, that pace is sure to fall. And plenty of challenges remain: Vietnam is just beginning to clean bad loans out of its banking system, a process that will take years. And given the government’s struggles to keep the economy on an even keel in recent years, it wouldn’t come as a great shock to see inflation spin out of control again.

Still, Vietnam seems likely to grab an ever-greater export share as the search for cheaper alternatives to China gathers pace. HSBC’s manufacturing PMI for Vietnam shows output rising and inventories at low level, meaning new orders should quickly feed through to production. The bank expects Vietnam’s exports to grow by 20% this year.

With a population of about 90 million who don’t yet earn enough to support a thriving domestic market, “the way for Vietnam to grow in terms of income and productivity is to supply goods to richer countries,” Ms. Nguyen said. “As you’ve seen in China that strategy can’t go on forever, but for the next decade at least it can continue.”

While Most of Asia Waits for Export Bounce, Vietnam Powers Ahead - Real Time Economics - WSJ

So why the low GDP growth ?

Vietnam's GDP growth in 2013 was 5.4%, which is about average for a developing country.

The issue is their low base GDP, which is only about half the GDP of my own city of Hong Kong alone, despite my city only having 7 million people compared to almost 100 million for Vietnam.

Nevertheless, growth in electronics manufacturing is good news all around, especially for China since we are their biggest import partner in electronics.

I would expect at least 7-8% from Vietnam. Come on Vietnam grow faster you lazy people ! Even India grew at 8% some years ago ! ( Says the French with flat growth :D )

Maybe FTA with China ( Next year I think) and US ( don't know when ) they will grow faster.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom