What's new

Vietnam Economy Forum

NZ supports Vietnam’s dam safety research

Updated : 4/1/2013 11:44:59 AM
dam.jpg.ashx

(VOV) -The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) has approved a project to study the dam safety in Vietnam with US$1.75 million funding from New Zealand.

Bridge linking Vietnam-Cambodia border takes shape

Updated : 4/2/2013 6:13:17 PM
250px-Cambodia_Prey_Veng_locator_map.svg.png

(VOV) - The People’s Committees in Vietnam’s southern Tay Ninh province and Cambodia’s Prey Veng province have begun construction on the Tan Nam-Mon Chay Road and Bridge that will link the borders of both nations.

The project’s total investment of VND44 billion (around US$2.2 million) was sourced from Tay Ninh province’s State budget.

VN to continue allowing foreigners to buy apartment

TUOITRENEWS
UPDATED : 04/01/2013 12:03 GMT + 7
GmT0O1Sk.jpg

Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung agreed Saturday on the proposal to allow foreigners to own apartments in Vietnam as a solution to assist the troubled real estate market.

Vietnam has been piloting a five-year program permitting foreigners and overseas Vietnamese to buy apartments in the country since 2009. The trial is over this year and plans to continue the program have been proposed by some cabinet members.

As of February 2013, there were only 427 cases of foreigners buying apartments in Vietnam, according to the General Department of Land Management. Ho Chi Minh City saw the largest number of cases at 342.

The figure, however, remains modest, as there are some 80,000 expats living and working in the country, experts close to the matter commented.

Vinamilk milks the market

Hoang Hao | vir.com.vn | Apr 03, 2013 14:33 pm
20672090_images1254076_vinamilk1.jpg

Vinamilk will soon inaugurate two of Asian biggest milk processing facilities.

Vinamilk - the number one domestic market liquid milk maker - is ramping up efforts for completion of its two landmark milk processing facilities costing more than VND4 trillion ($190 million).

The first facility, based in Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (IP) in southern Binh Duong province, was successfully commissioned on March 26.

The second liquid milk processing facility, covering 20ha in My Phuoc IP in Binh Duong province, is now in construction finalisation stage, preparing for launching on April 30.

WB-funded project helps reduce pollution in rivers

Updated : 4/3/2013 10:06:23 AM
pollution.jpg.ashx

A project to manage industrial pollution in the basins of Dong Nai, Nhue and Day rivers was launched in Hanoi on April 2.

The five-year project has a total investment of nearly US$59 million, including US$50 million in loan from the World Bank. The project will help enhance the institutional and technical capacity in the field, while encouraging the community to engage in supervising implementation of environmental protection regulations.

Cargill Cares fund unveils 58th school in Vietnam

Tuong Thuy | vir.com.vn | Apr 03, 2013 14:19 pm
Cargill.jpg

Cargill_2.jpg

American group Cargill on April 1 opened a pre-school in central Vietnam, built with financing from a Cargill Vietnam Foundation.

Phu Hoa Kindergarten in Binh Dinh province’s Tay Son district is under the umbrella of the Cargill Cares fund, an ongoing employee-led initiative which began in 1997. It brings the total number of Cargill Cares schools in Vietnam to 58.

The new VND1.4 billion ($65,000) kindergarten will benefit 200 children from low-income families whose lives Cargill hopes to enrich through early childhood education. It is fitted with three classrooms, a staff room, utilities and a kitchen.

Education is one of the pillars of Cargill’s community assistance programmes and it has a long-term goal to build 75 such schools in Vietnam by 2015 to educate some 17,000 children.

Binh Duong to build metro line to HCMC

TUOITRENEWS
UPDATED : 04/04/2013 13:23 GMT + 7

BulSVkgd.jpg

Authorities of southern Binh Duong Province are working on a large project to build a metro line that links the province to Ho Chi Minh City, with capital sources expected to come from the Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA).

After hearing reports from concerned agencies about preparations that have been made for the project, the provincial People’s Committee yesterday said the land fund for the project has been made available and authorities have proposed that the Government use an ODA source for the project.

The metro line is expected to start from Binh Duong’s Thu Dau Mot Town and run parallel to the My Phuoc-Tan Van Expressway before connecting with the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line, the first line in HCMC in particular and Vietnam in general, which began construction in late August 2012 and will be completed in 2017 at a cost of US$2.4 billion.

Tuyen Quang sugar factory creates thousands jobs

| Nhan Dan | Apr 03, 2013 15:36 pm
413737761220130403153505.jpg

The Son Duong Sugar and Sugarcane JSC (Sonsuco) company held an inauguration ceremony yesterday to celebrate the opening of a new sugar refinery in the Binh Xa commune of the northern mountainous province of Tuyen Quang’ Ham Yen district.

The facility is expected to create jobs for 300 local workers and tens of thousands of farmers in the sugarcane plantation areas. The VND703 billion ($33.7 million) refinery is designed to produce a maximum of 4,000 tonnes of sugar per day initially but the capacity will be upgraded to refine 6,000 tonnes of sugarcane per day in the future.

FDI drives Vietnam onto the global business stage

Ngoc Linh | vir.com.vn | Mar 26, 2013 10:52 am
intel.jpg

Foreign direct investment inflows during the past 25 years have played an integral part in Vietnam’s journey into the global economy.

In 1988, Hong Kong’s Hochimex Limited cooperated with a Vietnamese partner to establish a joint venture named Vicarrent which provided tourism taxi services in southern Ba Ria-Vung Tau province’s Vung Tau city. This was just a small company with the registered capital of VND2.7 billion, or $130,000 at current exchange rate.

While there may not appear to be anything significant about this, Vicarrent was a very important milestone for Vietnam as it was the first foreign direct investment (FDI) project in the country.

Since Hochimex Limited received the investment licence to do business in Vietnam, more than 14,716 FDI projects were licenced in the country with the total registered investment capital of $214.4 billion by March 20, 2013.

Opinion

pv.jpg

Edlyn Khoo, centre director, Ho Chi Minh City, International Enterprise (IE) Singapore

Vietnam has experienced several challenges in recent years, notably a slower annual GDP growth, a rise in non-performing loans and the need to stabilise its macroeconomy.

Despite these challenges, there is strong investment potential in Vietnam in its urban solutions, infrastructure, tourism, hospitality, consumerism and food sectors.

The potential for cooperation for urban solutions and infrastructure is huge – the urban population in Vietnam’s three largest cities of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Haiphong are expected to triple by 2020, driving demand for urban solutions such as water and wastewater management. Singaporean companies like Sembcorp and Ascendas have established a track record in industrial parks in Vietnam and have collaborated with Vietnamese companies to share their expertise in areas such as developing industrial parks, quality housing, integrated township and waste management solutions.

Tourism and hospitality continue to play a key role in Vietnam’s economy. In 2012, Vietnam welcomed 6.8 million international and 32.5 million domestic tourists with a total revenue of VND160,000 billion, an increase of 13.9 per cent year-on-year. With their expertise in master planning, hospitality management and training, Singaporean companies could add value and bring connections to potential partners in Vietnam.

Rising disposable incomes and growing consumer brand awareness offer promising prospects for Vietnam’s consumer sector. There are potential synergies to be unlocked through collaborations with Singapore companies experienced in international trade, branding and selling to overseas markets.

Last but not least, the food sector is promising – given Vietnam’s strength in agriculture and fisheries and the government’s commitment to developing this sector – with investment opportunities for Singaporean companies in food sourcing, food manufacturing and food distribution. We note that Vietnam’s strong fundamentals – such as a young demographic base, high literacy rates, a growing middle class and rich endowment of agro-forestry and seafood resources – coupled with the government’s commitment to manage these challenges will enable the country to embark on its road to recovery.

The government is cognizant of the challenging environment and has undertaken efforts to address investors’ concerns such as enacting legislation to make the environment more conductive for investing. The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) also closely monitors inflation closely. In addition, the SBV is drafting plans to establish a debt trading company to recapitalise failing banks and relax the maximum foreign ownership ratio, currently at 20 per cent of local banks.

We acknowledge the government’s strong commitment and welcome its efforts to address the above challenges to improve the investment climate. We also note the strong bilateral relations between Singapore and Vietnam, which help in the identification of business opportunities and forging of partnership between the two countries.

From war babies to billionaires: Vietnam's wealthiest women

Abigail Haworth
The guardian Observer, Sunday 24 March 2013

Female entrepreneurs own 25% of all private enterprises in Vietnam – Asia's fastest-growing economy after China. But those at the top have often overcome extraordinary hardship to get there. Abigail Haworth meets three of Vietnam's wealthiest women.

Vietnams-wealthiest-women-008.jpg

Leading the charge: Thuy Tien, president of Imex Pan Pacific and one of Vietnam's wealthiest women, at home in Ho Chi Minh City. Photograph: Nana Chen

"What's the first designer item you ever bought?" I ask 42-year-old Vietnamese tycoon Le Hong Thuy Tien as we cruise through Ho Chi Minh City in her beast-like black Bentley. It has come to this. I have been asking about her childhood during the Vietnam War (or the American War, as it's known here) for the past half an hour. She has politely refused to be drawn. Fawning questions about how ****** rich she is are all I have left.

"That's a great question!" she exclaims, her perfect eyebrows arching with delight. Sadly, it is only half great. The purchase was so many hundreds of Louis Vuitton tote bags, Bulgari watches and Chanel dresses ago that Thuy Tien can't remember the answer. She searches her memory in vain as motorcycles buzz past like flies outside the tinted windows.

Whatever the item was, we establish that she most likely bought it in Paris in the mid-1990s. Back then she was a flight attendant for the national carrier Vietnam Airlines. It was such a coveted job at a time when few Vietnamese could travel that she'd chosen it over a fledgling career as a movie starlet. Today she is the president of a huge trading company, Imex Pan Pacific Group. "I run 25 private equity and venture capital firms that distribute luxury brands and invest in local shopping malls," she says in her girlish, slightly Americanised English.

Unlike some of Vietnam's super-rich, who are reluctant to flaunt their success in a country run by an increasingly jittery and repressive Communist regime, Thuy Tien is all about the money. Her mission, she adds, is to generate annual revenue of US$1bn. How close is she? "I'm over half way there."

Welcome to modern Vietnam – one side of it, at least – where the pinnacle of achievement is to snare the exclusive rights to distribute Burberry or (Thuy Tien's newest acquisition) the franchise for Dunkin' Donuts. The city formerly known as Saigon was renamed Ho Chi Minh City to celebrate national unity after two decades of civil strife, including the war with America from 1965-75. Now it is Vietnam's commercial hub. Gleaming billboards and five-star hotels signal the country's status as Asia's fastest-growing economy after China. Since liberalisation began in the 1980s, founding father Ho's Communist mantra "Success, Success, Great Success" has become the creed of hardcore capitalism.

The number of multimillionaires has jumped 150% in the past five years alone. There is no breakdown by gender, probably because women like Thuy Tien are still rare. Vietnam remains overwhelmingly male-dominated. There is only one woman in the 14-member ruling Communist politburo and overall equality is badly lacking. Problems such as bride trafficking and forced prostitution are rife. Yet, for better or worse, women have been playing a hidden role in the breakneck development.

Up to three million Vietnamese died in the war, many of them male soldiers who left behind wives and young children (although women fought and died, too). When the war ended, failed collectivisation policies plunged the country into dire hardship. Single mothers supported their families with clandestine household commerce and raised their daughters to be equally resourceful. Today, female entrepreneurs own around 25% of all private enterprises in Vietnam, mostly small family outfits. Those who have reached the very top have usually overcome extraordinary obstacles to get there.

"Women? Oh, they run this country underneath it all," Frenchman Yves-Victor Liccioni, a luxury-brand PR guru and longtime resident of HCMC, tells me one evening under a canopy of fairylights at one of the city's relaxed European bistros. "They're powerful, energetic and they love making money."

It takes 40 minutes to reach Thuy Tien's home overlooking the swampy Saigon River. She lives here with her husband, two teenage children and 10 pyjama-clad housemaids. It is a typical new-money neoclassical mansion: giant gates with ornate gold metalwork, white exterior, Doric columns. In the grounds there are statues of lions standing sentry, cherubs keeping watch, and horses and dragons apparently loitering for the fun of it. There's a swimming pool, a tennis court and a garage housing three varieties of Rolls-Royce, another Bentley and an SUV. "My husband collects cars," Thuy Tien explains casually.

We go inside. It is no surprise that Thuy Tien likes gold – there is nobody in Vietnam who doesn't – but it seems unfeasible for one person to like so much of it. She designed the decor herself. Everything is so gold that it is easier to describe what isn't gold, including a white marble staircase hewn from rock from the coastal city of Da Nang. "This pure-white marble is very rare," boasts Thuy Tien. "We mined it ourselves."

Thuy Tien is married to a Vietnamese-born, Philippines-raised airline tycoon whom she met during her flight-attendant days. He is the brains behind state-owned Vietnam Airlines' international expansion, and his ties to the ruling elite have almost certainly proved helpful to his wife along the way. Nevertheless, Thuy Tien insists that her financial success is her own. "I studied every aspect of business from A to Z so I could compete at the highest level."

Relaxing on her gilded sofa, she finally opens up a little about her past. She was born in the capital Hanoi in 1970. Her father died when she was five, just before the war ended. (She won't say whether he was a soldier or which side her family was aligned with.) "My mother raised me and my five siblings alone. She was a schoolteacher and very strict. She taught us that working hard was the key to survival."

It's a lesson she says she has never forgotten, and it is true that few women in Vietnam who are hitched to wealthy men are content to be trophy wives. Shortly after she married, Thuy Tien fought for and won a lucrative contract to open Vietnam's first supermarket in 1995. "It was a joint venture with the military. I sat in meetings with all these men in uniform and they didn't believe a 25-year-old woman could handle 20,000 products. I was determined to prove them wrong." She did. The supermarket was mobbed on its opening day. "It was the first time people could do all their shopping in one place."

Thuy Tien attributes her huge success since to her knack for understanding what "modern Vietnamese consumers want". Her company is now the exclusive agent for luxury brands such as Ferragamo, Ralph Lauren, Rolex and Bulgari. "Sales are increasing every year," she says, happily. She checks her constantly buzzing iPhone before announcing, at almost 6pm, that she needs to return to the office.

No doubt due to its David and Goliath battle with the US, there is a perception that Vietnam is a tiny country. It is not that small. With almost 90m people it is the world's 13th most populous nation, and has a land area the size of Germany. Economic reform has certainly improved many people's lives – poverty has declined from 60% two decades ago to 20% today. But the wealth gap is widening and growth has stalled in the past year. Economic inefficiency, largely due to corruption inside state enterprises, including the wholesale plunder of natural resources, has caused a range of problems for ordinary Vietnamese, from inflation to high interest rates.

Vietnams-wealthiest-women-008.jpg

‘I studied every aspect of business from A to Z so I could compete at the highest level’: Thuy Tien by her pool. Photograph: Nana Chen

The government is in a dangerous bind. Increasingly unable to sustain its Communist edifice alongside runaway capitalism, it has been ruthlessly cracking down on dissent. At least 22 democracy activists and bloggers were imprisoned last year. But the super-rich are not safe, either. Tales of the wealthy quaffing champagne infused with 22ct gold, eating the brains of live monkeys as a delicacy and buying diamond-encrusted mobile phones have irritated the public. In a show of tackling corruption, the regime has recently arrested a number of top executives at state-owned enterprises for "mismanaging funds". The blood of business magnates all over the country has run cold.

Still, there is little sign of concern about this at Koh Thai, a chic restaurant serving "Thai fusion cuisine" in HCMC's business district. A lunchtime crowd of office workers is chatting noisily at tables decorated in lime green and purple. Some fashion types are smoking Menthol Slims on the balcony. Most glamorous of all is the restaurant's owner, Hana Dang. Wearing a short white dress and sky-high heels, 40-year-old Dang is busy being groomed by a make-up artist when I arrive.

If she is flustered by the curling tongs clamped to her head she doesn't show it. She tells me how much she's worth before I've sat down. "The restaurant is a new venture. I own an advertising agency with annual revenue of $50m." Her voice is sandpapery with a hint of foghorn. "I'm also a partner in a private equity firm that manages funds of $250m." With that out of the way, she flashes a charismatic smile and hands me one of her restaurant's signature cocktails, a chilli-infused strawberry vodka concoction called a Hot Lips (named after the nurse in the old TV series M*A*S*H*).

She's just as no-nonsense about her past. She was born in Hanoi in 1972 when it was "raining American bombs". Her father was enlisted with the Communist forces, the Vietnam People's Army, and was killed when she was a year old. Her mother was so traumatised that her breast milk dried up. "She fed me on water mixed with sugar. But look at me – I turned out OK, didn't I?" She lets out a raucous laugh. "If I'd been fed on milk I'd have been a supermodel." In her teens, Dang fainted from hunger in the street due to her meagre daily diet of rice mixed with corn kernels. "For years we had no meat or fish. Everyone was poor." She became an entrepreneur from a young age. "I set up a coffee stand outside our house when I was 14, and made clothes to sell. I learned a lot from those days." Most of all, she says, she learned she never wanted to be poor again. She worked hard at school and graduated from college as a fluent English speaker.

In early 1994, shortly before the US trade embargo was lifted, Dang was hired by global advertising agency McCann Erickson to work on campaigns for the first western products to arrive in postwar Vietnam: Coca-Cola, Maybelline lipstick, Nestlé milk. "It was so exciting, so much fun." She soon set up her own agency, Golden Communication Group, to take advantage of the country's insatiable new appetite for consumerism. "It was hard at the start because Vietnam is so sexist. Male clients often assumed I was the secretary, not the CEO." She pauses for effect. "They don't make that mistake any more."

Partly due to the endeavours of people like Dang, Vietnam's city centres are unrecognisable from even a decade ago. Ho Chi Minh City is full of women carrying It bags and doing valiant battle with the uneven pavements in £400 Jimmy Choos. Fake goods are increasingly déclassé. Fake noses and eyelids, on the other hand, are all the rage. Predictably, cosmetic surgery has been taking off among both sexes as Vietnamese society has grown more image conscious. PR consultant Yves-Victor Liccioni divulges that most people fly to Thailand or Singapore for big operations, while top French dermatologists fly in to Vietnam to hold "Botox bootcamps". "They come here for three weeks at a time and do nonstop injections and treatments. It's very lucrative."

Dang admits she's had "a few injections". But she insists she has no time for the conspicuous consumption of other home-grown multimillionaires. "I'm a practical person. I like what I like." She illustrates her point by noting that her zebra-striped silk jacket is from Zara. Recently divorced after a brief marriage, she's proud of her wealth, but realises it's too easy to get carried away. "It's been like a huge gold rush here. There's a lot of greed and there are still too many poor people in Vietnam." Turning 40, she says, has prompted her to focus on things she truly enjoys, like her new restaurant business, and also "to get into some charity activities" – philanthropy being as far as any of the newly rich are prepared to go when it comes to modern-day wealth redistribution.

Dang's good friend and fellow female dynamo, Alan Duong, is similarly grounded in her own way. I meet her for coffee in the ritzy Park Hyatt Hotel. Duong, 38, is the owner of a company selling modern furniture and interior design products. With so much emphasis on "aspirational lifestyles", her business has boomed. But Duong says she feels that many female entrepreneurs are slightly less enslaved than men by the desire for limitless riches. "It's fine to have a fast car, but there are other things in life. Many women don't want their children to grow up to be spoiled brats," says the mother of a one-year-old son.

When Duong was 10, her rambling French colonial family home in the centre of Hanoi was confiscated by the government. "They accused us of being capitalists because we had a big house. We were thrown on to the streets." Four years later, in 1988, their situation was so unbearable that Duong and her father, a former Vietnam People's Army soldier, joined the ranks of so-called boat people trying their luck at a better life elsewhere. "We paid a fortune for places on a fishing boat to sail to Hong Kong. The boat's capacity was 20 people and there were 72 of us packed on board. We didn't know if we'd live or die." Storms and piracy were terrifying hazards: a boat that left at the same time as theirs didn't make it, Duong says. Her mother, who had stayed behind to protect what little they still owned in Vietnam, barely slept for the entire 17 days they were at sea until she learned they were safe.

Still, they arrived in Hong Kong too late. Official resettlement programmes for Vietnamese refugees had already ended. Duong and her father spent the next five years there living in limbo in a barbed-wire compound. "It was like a prison," she says. "There was no privacy, and at shower time we were hosed down with disinfectant like pigs." Unable to prove they were political asylum seekers, they eventually returned to Vietnam when she was 19.

Almost two decades later, Duong is elated with the way her life has turned out in her home country. "Even in my dreams I didn't imagine that I would have this much money." But she's not certain that the good fortune will continue in the volatile domestic climate. Nor is she convinced that Vietnam's current population – two-thirds of whom were born after the war ended in 1975 – understands that material wealth can be fleeting.

"I'm from the generation that knows what it's like to have both nothing and everything," she says. "I don't take anything for granted."

Danang hi-tech Park construction starts

Updated : 4/7/2013 8:50:14 AM
6991287520130406171811843.JPG

(VOV) - A ground-breaking ceremony for the Danang Hi-Tech Park was held in Hoa Lien commune, Hoa Vang district, the central city of Danang on April 6.

Built on an area of more than 341ha, the US$278 million park will follow the Silicon Valley model in the US and the Hsinchu Science Park in Taiwan (China).

It aims to attract domestic and international scientists, engineers and businesses in the information technology field, and to promote hi-tech training and education in local universities.

In the next decade, the park is expected to house some 100 businesses, create 25,000 jobs and generate US$3 billion in revenue. Danang is the first locality in Vietnam where a foreign private group is allowed to build an IT zone’s infrastructure.

RoK finances US$200 million for Vietnam highway project

Posted on APRIL 6, 2013 Written by NHANDAN
1769028269.jpg

Nhan Dan Online – The Republic of Korea (RoK) will lend US$200 million in ODA, via its Economic Development Co-operation Fund (EDCF), for the Lo Te-Rach Soi highway project in Vietnam’s southern Can Tho and Kien Giang provinces.

Construction on the project started in 2012 and is due for completion in 2014. Once put into operation, the 33m wide, 53.4km long six-lane highway is expected to significantly improve the southern traffic system and boost socio-economic development in the region.

The 40-year loan, with an annual interest rate of 0.1%, is part of a US$1.2 billion credit package the RoK has offered Vietnam for the 2012-2015 period, which was stipulated in the framework agreement signed between the two governments last December.

Cambodia, Vietnam boost trade cooperation

Updated : 4/4/2013 11:17:02 AM
trade%20exhibition.jpg

(VOV) -The Vietnam -Cambodia Trade Service Exhibition 2013 (Ho Chi Minh City Expo 2013) officially opened at the Mondial Centre in Phnom Penh on April 3.

The five-day exhibition features 250 booths displaying high-quality products in the field of household plastics food and foodstuffs processing, interior decoration, garments, footwear, leather footwear, handicrafts, cosmetics, electronics and construction materials.

In her opening speech, Cambodia’s permanent Deputy Prime Minister Men Som Ol praised Ho Chi Minh City’s sponsoring annual exhibitions in Cambodia as a pratical contribution to promoting bilateral economic trade and services cooperation and strengthening the traditional friendship between the two countries.

French Trade Minister to visit Vietnam

Updated : 4/6/2013 5:34:47 PM
Nicole%20Bricq.jpg

(VOV) -French Minister for Foreign Trade Nicole Bricq will visit Vietnam from April 7-9 to strengthen trade ties between the two countries.

A French Ministry for Foreign Trade communiqué dated April 5 noted that Southeast Asia is included in the Ministry’s priority policy, and Vietnam will be one of Bricq’s stopovers during her Southeast Asian tour, after Singapore, the Philippines and Thailand.

ADB helps Thua Thien-Hue develop green urban areas

Updated : 4/7/2013 11:38:09 AM
green%20city.jpg

(VOV) -The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has agreed to provide financial support for a project to develop urban green areas in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue.

The project, part of ADB’s “Green Cities: A Sustainable Future in Southeast Asia” initiative, will focus on protecting the environment, promoting sustainable economic growth, and ensuring value-life balance.

So far, ADB has funded 16 projects worth US$123 million in the province, mostly on environmental protection, technology transfer, and capacity building.

Japan helps Nghe An upgrade irrigation network

Updated : 4/5/2013 5:33:29 PM
Irrigation-network_copy.jpg

(VOV) - The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has committed nearly US$210million to a US$247 million irrigation network upgrade in the central province of Nghe An.

Speaking at a working session with JICA representatives on April 5, Nghe An provincial People’s Committee Chairman Ho Duc Phoc highlighted the significance of the irrigation network and said the project, a key result from the province’s official development assistance (ODA, will ratchet up agricultural development and deliver many benefits to local people.

The irrigation network has been seriously deteriorated since it was built in 1930. At the conclusion of the 2013 to 2019 upgrade, it is expected to serve 29 percent of the province’s agricultural area.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom