What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Ship radar (X-band 8-10 GHz), range 300km, produced by Vietnam military institute of technology

radar10_HQEA.png

radar4_YMCT.jpg

radar9_GXDX.jpg

radar8_UABS.jpg

radar7_UUTK.jpg

radar6_MBWR.jpg

radar2_IJBX.jpg

radar3_NDZM.jpg

some new ships on display made by Vietnam shipyards
ship1_EITZ.jpg

Stan Patrol (SPa) fast patrol vessel
ship10_TCEB.jpg

2,400 ton support vessel
ship9_GEPS.jpg

FSC 5009 mulipurpose vessel
ship7_QSMO.jpg

another supoort vessel
ship2_JOXX.jpg

Tug boat
ship11_LXFM.jpg

9th Vietnam/US security dialogue in Hanoi. More cooperations are expected, with the US beginning to provide more assistances, although we haven’t reached the point yet when we will officially ask the US for providing security garantine.

the Chinese run amok. Globaltimes warns the US and Vietnam not to cross the red line. US aircraft carriers docking at Vietnamese ports is interpreted as such. Funny. Maybe as direct response Donald Trumps wants to stay on the safe side with asking the Congress for more money. $716 billion for 2019 military budget.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1087174.shtml

FCD42C87-13D1-49F2-B4A0-249E2412DADA.jpeg
88EED153-9601-45DB-AA23-F6FC174C55FF.jpeg

027016E1-F3EC-47BF-85E4-932A78AC72C4.jpeg

where are all Viet members @Carlosa @AViet @other? :D

Interesting picture: thousands of armed Chinese militia members made ready to fight for Vietnam in its war against the US armed forces in 1966. However it is not reported anyone of them had made the way to Vietnam.

merlin_132935513_2a934b71-a420-4c96-af0c-990e187d2021-master768.jpg

Today the picture is reversed with Vietnam´s greatest challenge: how to get stealthy close to America without offending a big neighbor? Donald Trump to a state visit in Hanoi.

upload_2018-2-1_11-20-15.png

Submarine hunters (Petya class) in recent exercise

upload_2018-2-1_18-16-39.png

upload_2018-2-1_18-17-4.png

It is expected the US will retire two more large patrol vessels Midgett & Mellon of Hamilton class this year and next to transfer to Vietnam.

upload_2018-2-1_18-21-6.png

upload_2018-2-1_18-21-27.png

East wind is that you?:cheesy:
I have no clue what you are talking about. Ah all the best to the PLA soldiers who are ready to risk their lives in cleaning up the mines laid by the PLA along the border to Vietnam. I think we will build highways and railways across the borders once all mines are removed. it is a bit weird the PLA believed mines could hinder or slow down a possible Vietnamese tank army assault.

136847509_15140187400851n.jpg

e26b6cce-3b76-4913-afac-ada2f1cab4f7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

136847509_15140187402211n.jpg

I have no clue what you are talking about. Ah all the best to the PLA soldiers who are ready to risk their lives in cleaning up the mines laid by the PLA along the border to Vietnam. I think we will build highways and railways across the borders once all mines are removed. it is a bit weird the PLA believed mines could hinder or slow down a possible Vietnamese tank army assault.

136847509_15140187400851n.jpg

e26b6cce-3b76-4913-afac-ada2f1cab4f7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

136847509_15140187402211n.jpg
You used the ID "EastWind" previously.

Vietnam has reportedly acquired the cost effective Israeli land attack missile system EXTRA in 2013 (range 150 km, weight of 150 kg , circular error probability (CEP) of 10 m). Israeli now develops a new improved version with range 300km. It won´t harm anybody if we could acquire the technology and mass produce the long range version.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/feb...e_extra_rocket/missisle_systems_from_imi.html

Israeli_army_to_acquire_EXTRA_rocket_missisle_systems_from_IMI_925_001I.jpg

Greeting Pentagon chief Jim Mattis in Hà Nội airport. Washington apparently seeks closer tie to Vietnam since the Philippines under Durtede shuns America. not a bad thing though.

77E8B19F-4A4C-468C-A998-564C8D8896B9_cx0_cy16_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Hello everybody!

Week ago have joined the Forum, glad to read you and ready to add something useful to this topic. :-)

But before it, I have to discover around 750 pages of the issue :laugh:
Unfortunately, the vast majority of pictures and links (made 4-5 years ago) are not available now.

If you have any questions related to the highlights of the VNA in the post-Soviet media and relevant think tanks - just ask me.

Have a nice day!

Wow, see this one for the first time.

What is the name of this armored car?
Is it based on BTR-152?
And what does mean CSCO signature on the helmets?

Hello everybody!

Week ago have joined the Forum, glad to read you and ready to add something useful to this topic. :-)

Unfortunately, the vast majority of pictures and links (made 4-5 years ago) are not available now.

If you have any questions related to the highlights of the VNA in the post-Soviet media and relevant think tanks - just ask me.

Have a nice day!

Is it based on BTR-152?
oh the post was made some times ago, can´t remember, I believe CSCD = Cảnh sát Cơ động (mobile police). I think riot police is a more correct term.

really you read thru 750 pages? :cheesy:

yes please share some of the highlights of the VNA in the post-Soviet media and relevant think tanks

CanhSatCoDong-MyDuc-622.jpg

images1334797_qtv_bt_tinh_uy_chuc_tet__6_.JPG

sung_tieu_lien_an_ninh_viet_nam.jpg

7_75337.jpg

canh-sat-co-dong-sung-dieu-binh-dien-bien-phu-datviet.vn-02_71542403.png

4_zing.JPG

4_87155.jpg

Headquarters of the Police
upload_2018-2-5_19-58-4.png

where are all Viet members @Carlosa @AViet @other? :D

Interesting picture: thousands of armed Chinese militia members made ready to fight for Vietnam in its war against the US armed forces in 1966. However it is not reported anyone of them had made the way to Vietnam.

View attachment 451123

Today the picture is reversed with Vietnam´s greatest challenge: how to get stealthy close to America without offending a big neighbor? Donald Trump to a state visit in Hanoi.

View attachment 451126
Interesting‘s thing is china helped viet , then viet betray , then China have to kill traitor .Let a man who has helped you beat you, Vietnam is awesome.

To say more, the Vietnamese spread propaganda about to hate China , don't worry , we don't care . you make any progress, we really don't care, we won't worry, and we congratulate you .
Maybe you think it's arrogant , But we really can't change it .
Every time I look at your Vietnamese and Indian propaganda and comments, we all want to laugh . The most important thing is to do your own thing, not to be hostile or to belittle your opponent .

And your(india /viet) behavior, can make more Vietnamese indians hate China and despise China , meanwhile ,
It will also infuriate Chinese who are not hostile to you .
This kind of hate behavior is really bad .
Of course, It's not because we're noble. China's mentality is determined by its national conditions, just as Vietnam doesn't care about Cambodia .
Actually, Vietnam's media and democracy, including your behavior, is a bit too far. It's not good for you. You hate China and be hostile to China is OK , but pay attention to discretion. Too much will do harm to you.

Last edited:
oh the post was made some times ago, can´t remember, I believe CSCD = Cảnh sát Cơ động (mobile police). I think riot police is a more correct term.

Looks like (armament, equipment, uniform etc.) some of these guys are from police special forces.

really you read thru 750 pages? :cheesy:

Yeah, I'm still looking through. :cheesy:
I guess it's fair before starting to be involved in discussions (despite I'm well-read about the issue).

yes please share some of the highlights of the VNA in the post-Soviet media and relevant think tanks

If you specify what exactly, I will provide, for sure. :-)
Cuz there are tons of information in russian language segment of the web.

Interesting‘s thing is china helped viet , then viet betray , then China have to kill traitor .Let a man who has helped you beat you, Vietnam is awesome.

To say more, the Vietnamese spread propaganda about to hate China , don't worry , we don't care . you make any progress, we really don't care, we won't worry, and we congratulate you .
Maybe you think it's arrogant , But we really can't change it .
Every time I look at your Vietnamese and Indian propaganda and comments, we all want to laugh . The most important thing is to do your own thing, not to be hostile or to belittle your opponent .

And your(india /viet) behavior, can make more Vietnamese indians hate China and despise China , meanwhile ,
It will also infuriate Chinese who are not hostile to you .
This kind of hate behavior is really bad .
Of course, It's not because we're noble. China's mentality is determined by its national conditions, just as Vietnam doesn't care about Cambodia .
Actually, Vietnam's media and democracy, including your behavior, is a bit too far. It's not good for you. You hate China and be hostile to China is OK , but pay attention to discretion. Too much will do harm to you.

ARE. YOU. FCKING. SERIOUS?

Betray? Traitor? Dude, China and Viet have been at it for thousands of years since the birth of both countries. Count how many time China has paid "a little visit" to Vietnam and got itself lit up in the process. Help? Sure, Soviet helped China and China helped Vietnam, all have their own interest in the whole ordeal so don't run around acting like China assistance to Vietnam is out of pure generosity. And remember that it was China that backed Khmer Rouge and its genocide regime in Cambodia. Vietnam overthrew the Khmer Rouge and China attacked Vietnam to protect its crony. China "beat" Vietnam? As in Cultural Revolution "beat" China? That is indeed awesome.

Propaganda.....right, could you go back a couple of page in this thread, please? You would see a giant Chinese asshole named TerranMarine. Read through his posts and then we can discuss whether Vietnamese or Chinese is more "arrogant", ok? Have a great day.

Vietnam related defense new now

Two brand new Gepard 3.9 ships are officially incorporated into the Vietnam People Navy. 015 Tran Hung Dao and 016 Quang Trung, famous Vietnamese leaders that taught Chinese invaders a lesson back in the old days.

thuong_co_1_bryh.jpg
thuong_co_2_xxxd.jpg

2_zing.JPG

7_zing.JPG

Hello everybody!

Have a nice day!

Is it based on BTR-152?

That is an Isreal made APC, RAM - 2000. CSCĐ, or Mobile Force, is more or less to a heavily armed police force for special operation though you could see them dealing with common crimes as well.

Oh and i have some questions, mainly relate to the Vietnam submarine training program. I believed beforeKilo 636, Soviet and later Russia did provive submarine traning to Vietnam. Do you have any picture or infomation on that subject?

Back
Top Bottom