What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Even japan has not too much money to build its own warships. This dream is so wet.
Forget what? Not long ago, Japan just suspended the ODA due to the non-acceptable corruption in Vietnam.
say at least, ODA is supposed to focus on economic development, not military sponsor.
say at least at least, even such ODA becomes OMA to let Vietnam build warships, Vietnam has any hope to return the debt in the future?
Nice: Japan is offering ODA money to fund the build up of Vietnam coast guard.

Let hope Japan offers to finance new warships, too.

My money is controlled by a superior instance: my wife :(
I have money but parallelly I am a poor man.

Is your wife Viet or German? show pics. You need to adopt the western style of having separate bank accounts for husband and wife.

Hey, bro, can you post you and your wife's photo? I am curious and wish you best marriage, live to old age in conjugal bliss.
No, my ID will be exposed otherwise.
Thanks for your best wish.

Yes you are right. That will be likely the case. Japan provides cheap money to Vietnam to buy its advanced but expensive coast guard vessels :D

But anyway this is a remarkable move of the japanese government. Until recently Japan only provides ODA money to support economic development and social welfare. And now thanks to Xi Jinping and fcking oil rigs, Japan not only scraps the peaceful constitution but ODA policy.

Will be fantastic if they fund the build up of our navy. We urgently need more and bigger warships.

We are late so need to accelerate things.

I agree, I'm not sure about the wisdom of getting financing that limits the choice of ships to something that is expensive and might not be the preferred design or ship size. I think VN would be better off building the ships themselves like its doing with the DN-2000 at $50 million a pop. We'll have to wait until there is more details about those ships.

I think VN needs to make quick decisions, select ships and get going with the building, can't spend 3 years to decide to order like they did with the Sigma ships. The country has the money available, they just need to divert it from projects that are not that necessary or are wasteful (plenty of those like spending $6 billion to make a new airport for HCMC rather than expanding the present airport which will be used for a golf course where some "people" will of course get some sizable black envelops, etc, etc).

Last edited:
She is vietnamese. Like many other vietnamese women, she is not only beautiful but smart. We have different banking accounts. While she has full access to mine, I don't have to her :D
Well that doesn't seem very fair... unless you are bad at spending money. :meeting:

She is vietnamese. Like many other vietnamese women, she is not only beautiful but smart. We have different banking accounts. While she has full access to mine, I don't have to her :D

What's the point of having two accounts if she has full access to both and you don't? you have too many girlfriends and concubines that your wife want to keep track of your spending?

I agree, I'm not sure about the wisdom of getting financing that limits the choice of ships to something that is expensive and might not be the preferred design or ship size. I think VN would be better off building the ships themselves like its doing with the DN-2000 at $50 million a pop. We'll have to wait until there is more details about those ships.

I think VN needs to make quick decisions, select ships and get going with the building, can't spend 3 years to decide to order like they did with the Sigma ships. The country has the money available, they just need to divert it from projects that are not that necessary or are wasteful (plenty of those like spending $6 billion to make a new airport for HCMC rather than expanding the present airport which will be used for a golf course where some "people" will of course get some sizable black envelops, etc, etc).
At present we have 40 patrol vessels. Now the government earmarks 540 millions USD for building 32 new Vietnam made ones.

Japan wants to provide an undisclosed number of Japan made vessels next year, too. So I guess those boats will be financed by ODA.

I haven't heard any details yet when we will build Sigma class warships. Nor the Gepard frigates.

Last edited:
She has a job. The money she earns goes to her bank account :)

Exactly, concubine costs money. If your wife controls your spending, it's impossible to hide :(

Your wife don't let you have access to her account...... which might mean she is hiding her boyfriend gigolo??????:blink:

At present we have 40 patrol vessels. Now the government earmarks 540 millions USD for building 32 new Vietnam made ones.

Japan wants to provide an undisclosed number of Japan made vessels next year, too. So I guess those boats will be financed by ODA.

I haven't heard any details yet when we will build Sigma class warships. Nor the Gepard frigates.

I think the next step for the navy is to decide if they are going to exercise the licensing option that they have for another 4 Molniya class corvettes. People in the mp thread said that they are not going to because they want larger, around 1000 ton ships, but I think they should go for it, otherwise they are probably going to spend years getting something new going and in the meantime nothing happens.

Regarding Sigma / Gepard, they are probably going to wait to get delivery of the first Sigma to compare and decide, but I think they should go ahead now for a license for some Gepards and decide later if they want to license some Sigmas also. Their usual approach is very slow, everything takes for ever (typical bureaucratic approach), but I think now VN can't afford to waste time anymore.

memorial service for the soldiers, the victims of the helicopter fatal crash

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Deputy PM Hoang Trung Hai
5.jpg

6.jpg

General Phung Quang Thanh
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

news from the airforce

according to nationalinterest, an American bi-monthly international affairs magazine associated with the realist school of foreign policy thought, Vietnam airforce operates around 40 Flankers of various types, with another 20 on order from Russia.

i-JnjC938.jpg

If Vietnam and China Went to War: Five Weapons Beijing Should Fear | The National Interest

Good article, but I wouldn't put much weight on their numbers for flankers, its not up to date.
Vietnam has 36 Flankers, not 40, 40 was the original number ordered, but 4 SU-27 were lost in accidents so the present number is 36:
12 SU-27
4 SU-30MKK
20 SU-30MK2

Vietnam has another 12 SU-30MK2 on order and there are rumors of an order for 12 SU-34 in which case it would be 24 on order but have to wait for confirmation.

I'm looking forward for some SU-35's in the near future.......

news from the airforce

according to nationalinterest, an American bi-monthly international affairs magazine associated with the realist school of foreign policy thought, Vietnam airforce operates around 40 Flankers of various types, with another 20 on order from Russia.

i-JnjC938.jpg

If Vietnam and China Went to War: Five Weapons Beijing Should Fear | The National Interest

Not a very good article. All the things listed, China has those but much more in quantity and more advanced than Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom