What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

good news,no zuo no die. hope the war coming earlier.......even a small conflict would stop your economy growing for years...

And what do you think will happen to the chinese economy when scud missiles shut down the Yan Tian port (Shenzhen) Hong Kong port, other ports near the Pearl River delta, etc as well as steady missile attacks in the Shenzhen, Dongguan and Guangzhou area which is the export hub of the chinese economy?

And what do you think will happen when the south china sea becomes a shooting gallery which of course will cause ship insurance rates to skyrocket, meaning no more ships going and coming to china? Do you think the chinese economy will be affected?

I can also say, chinese factories usually run on small margins and with tight cash flow, it only takes a little disruption in the economy and tens of thousands of factories will shut down very fast.

Is that enough reasons for you zipperhead? Or are you a "semon kwai" (buffalo brain) like they say in Thailand?

Last edited:
we were long fooled by chinese propaganda of peaceful rise and co-existence.
in reality they just want to hide their intention of advancing their extreme nationalism and aggression. now we will hit back.

You got that right!!! In fact, chinese don't believe in a win win deal, they only believe in "they win, you lose" and the more you lose the better. When it comes to chinese people, there is the good, the bad and everything else in between like in all countries, but generally speaking, they are aggressive, untrustworthy and very very tricky. In china, chinese don't trust other chinese, they only trust family because they know themselves.

If you go to a hotel in Vietnam, you usually pay when you check out; in chinese hotels you always pay when you check in. Even when I go to a hotel steadily for years, they already know me, I stay in the hotel for weeks at a time, still pay up front, they would not even let a few hours pass by without paying. That would never happen in Vietnam. That little example says a lot about those 2 types of people.

Last edited:
Vietnamese surveillance posts in the South China Sea
some 35 such rigs are built, some have helipad, lighthouse and weather surveillance station.

the staffs monitor the sea lanes days and nights.

10492503_563994210390210_459641326946435956_n.jpg

Vietnam military helicopter crash kills 16

A Vietnamese military helicopter on a parachute training mission crashed close to the Vietnamese capital on Monday, killing 16 people on board and critically injuring five others, officials and state-controlled media said.

A Vietnamese military helicopter on a parachute training mission crashed close to the Vietnamese capital on Monday, killing 16 people on board and critically injuring five others, officials and state-controlled media said.
terrible loss for the families
according to Lieutenant-general Vo Van Tuan, technical failure led to the fatal crash.

tuan-5274-1404711663_DLTD.jpg

Technical error blamed for military chopper crash in Vietnam | Society | Thanh Nien Daily

Rest in Peace !!!

18 soldiers died in Military Helicopter Crashes on Outskirts of Hanoi

VietNamNet Bridge - A helicopter on a training mission crashed in Hanoi’s outlying district of Thach That this morning, killing 18 soldiers and seriously injuring three others.

The incident occurred at around 7:45am in Hamlet No.11 of Thach Hoa commune shortly after the helicopter took off from Hoa Lac airport.

The Russian-built Mi-171 was said to lose altitude and hit the ground before exploding near a local market. The blaze was put out at around 08.30.

On board the helicopter were 21 soldiers who were undertaking a parachute training mission.

Lieut. Gen. Vo Van Tuan, deputy chief of General Staff of the Vietnam People’s Army, said relevant agencies launched an inquiry into the cause of the tragedy.

Initial investigations showed the crash was caused by technical failure.

Death toll has risen to 18. Authorities earlier put it at 16.

Sixteen soldiers were confirmed dead at the scene and five others were injured and admitted to military hospitals. However, two more soldiers died in hospitals, and the other three were in critical condition.
Nguyen Manh Hong, Vice Chairman of the Thach That District People's Committee, said emergency response fire fighting and medical teams are en route to the scene.

The site was cordoned off for investigation.

Some photos of the incident:

20140707142826-9.jpg

20140707175348-3.jpg

20140707175348-2.jpg

20140707175434-1.jpg

20140707142826-6.jpg

20140707142826-13.jpg

20140707142826-12.jpg

_76087702_hi023056112.jpg

Vietnamese airforce officials guard an area outside the crash site
20140707142826-10.jpg

the road scene is blocked

_76088649_hi023055931.jpg

This file photo shows a Russian-made MI-171 helicopter in Vietnam's Ca Mau province on 10 March 2014

Most of the Vietnamese military's ageing fleet has been purchased from Russia.

A MIC-21 jet fighter crashed on the same day four years ago but the pilots managed to parachute to safety.

Another accident in 2008 saw five military pilots killed when their aircraft crashed on the outskirts of Hanoi.

Nice: Japan is offering ODA money to fund the build up of Vietnam coast guard.

Let hope Japan offers to finance new warships, too.

Nice: Japan is offering ODA money to fund the build up of Vietnam coast guard.

Let hope Japan offers to finance new warships, too.

Nice but I think they would it have to be Japanese made ships either made in Japan or made under Japanese license in order to be qualified for ODA financing.

Nice but I think they would it have to be Japanese made ships either made in Japan or made under Japanese license in order to be qualified for ODA financing.
Yes you are right. That will be likely the case. Japan provides cheap money to Vietnam to buy its advanced but expensive coast guard vessels :D

But anyway this is a remarkable move of the japanese government. Until recently Japan only provides ODA money to support economic development and social welfare. And now thanks to Xi Jinping and fcking oil rigs, Japan not only scraps the peaceful constitution but ODA policy.

Will be fantastic if they fund the build up of our navy. We urgently need more and bigger warships.

We are late so need to accelerate things.

I thought you said you make good money from your employment in Germany..... why do you still have this beggar's mentality? :disagree:
My money is controlled by a superior instance: my wife :(
I have money but parallelly I am a poor man.

Back
Top Bottom