What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Is there any existing/proposed overland energy pipeline from Myanmar to Vietnam?
Sry bro. i just see ur question.
there is no proposed pipeline or energy plan between 2 countries so far. but it can be possible in future as we're exploring more gas field in the south and BoB.

How much would a typical property go for do you think on these kind of islands in Vietnam?

I have not seen @Carlosa in a while btw, any idea whats up?

Carlosa has retired from PDF, I prefer to spend my limited time in Twitter, a much better platform for me where I can deal directly with many of the people involved in these subjects. I'll check in here from time to time.

My twitter address: https://twitter.com/@CarlosaSCSinfo

Are you in twitter?

Last edited:
Gas masks produced by X61 factory, each costing about 1 million VND for the population, just in case, someone runs amok, resorting to chemical attack on Vietnam cities.

View attachment 469951

Vietnam better invest into EMP shielding for its infra as well. The cost is not excessive, the US commitee on it last said it will cost 3 billion USD roughly for entire US at basic level...so Vietnam will be much much cheaper.

Carlosa has retired from PDF, I prefer to spend my limited time in Twitter, a much better platform for me where I can deal directly with the main people / experts on these issues. I'll check in here from time to time.

Are you in twitter?

I don't really tweet etc...but thanks I will follow you there buddy!

Vietnam better invest into EMP shielding for its infra as well. The cost is not excessive, the US commitee on it last said it will cost 3 billion USD roughly for entire US at basic level...so Vietnam will be much much cheaper.
There is no real protection against nuclear EMP, similar to protection against nuclear explosion (e.i. hiding in bunkers deep under the earth surface). Deploying nuclear EMP over a foreign country territory is much similar to resorting to nuclear weapons.

Stealth frigate RSS Intrepid pays a 4 day visit to Đà Nẵng. A joint exercise is planned. Singapore is a country where Vietnam can take a clue of the way to the future.

5_VYYR.jpg

4_HLQV.jpg

2_RZBM.jpg

3_YCVS.jpg

Sailors

1_QZWS.jpg

2_UNQE.jpg

5_OVGK.jpg

6_XQOZ.jpg

4_CDQG.jpg

7_DSEM.jpg

9_NHVE.jpg

a Vietnamese Molynia Corvett with AK-630 30mm ship ratling cannon, max firing speed 5,000 rounds/min.

phao-cao-toc-11.gif

phao-cao-toc-2.jpg

There is no real protection against nuclear EMP, similar to protection against nuclear explosion (e.i. hiding in bunkers deep under the earth surface). Deploying nuclear EMP over a foreign country territory is much similar to resorting to nuclear weapons.

Faraday cages for critical infrastructure + at least one household container (to put in basic vital comms etc) will protect against most range of EMP flux. Also can look into bunkers for a back up comm infra (say AM radio antenna and local cell networking) that would be set up after such attack.

Of course the vast majority of electronics will get toasted (since its not feasible to protect that majority) depending on the amplitude in question...but I am talking the critical survival stuff only....i.e same concept as handing out gas masks...best to protect the best you can within reasonable cost, it makes it that much harder for the enemy to achieve a planned result.

Faraday cages for critical infrastructure + at least one household container (to put in basic vital comms etc) will protect against most range of EMP flux. Also can look into bunkers for a back up comm infra (say AM radio antenna and local cell networking) that would be set up after such attack.

Of course the vast majority of electronics will get toasted (since its not feasible to protect that majority) depending on the amplitude in question...but I am talking the critical survival stuff only....i.e same concept as handing out gas masks...best to protect the best you can within reasonable cost, it makes it that much harder for the enemy to achieve a planned result.
A nuclear EMP is usually followed by nuclear blasts. EMP is used to knock out one country’s air defense. We can shield parts of major infrastructure and our air defense against EMP but not against attack of nuclear armed ballistic missiles.

A nuclear EMP is usually followed by nuclear blasts. EMP is used to knock out one country’s air defense. We can shield parts of major infrastructure and our air defense against EMP but not against attack of nuclear armed ballistic missiles.

Yep if its full on nuclear strike that is complete different just like you say (can only counter effectively with WMD of your own/alliance shield + MAD doctrine).

But an adversary with such weaponry may not elect to use those but use a starfish prime style EMP (ext. high alt atmosphere/space burst) over cpl major cities etc. Esp if say Vietnam over time develops/deploys a reliable low altitude terminal defense BMD (for actual nuclear strike etc) etc.

Anyways Vietnam must certainly prioritise its defense resources in the correct sequence....this is really more a long term thing I am talking about.

Yep if its full on nuclear strike that is complete different just like you say (can only counter effectively with WMD of your own/alliance shield + MAD doctrine).

But an adversary with such weaponry may not elect to use those but use a starfish prime style EMP (ext. high alt atmosphere/space burst) over cpl major cities etc. Esp if say Vietnam over time develops/deploys a reliable low altitude terminal defense BMD (for actual nuclear strike etc) etc.

Anyways Vietnam must certainly prioritise its defense resources in the correct sequence....this is really more a long term thing I am talking about.
To tell the truth we are in a desperate situation. Even helpless.

Ok, Vietnam possesses with s300 a certain degree of air defense capability against ballistic missile attack. Acquiring s400 is under discussion. Any s400 unit with the long range powerful radar system is said can track up to 300 (s300 only 100) enemy incoming ballistic missiles simultaneously and can destroy many of them by missile interceptors. The key problem remains: the Chinese with their unlimited resources can overwhelm any Vietnam air defense by over saturation attack.

Nevertheless I think we will go for s400 soon. Vietnam is well known to fight until the bitter end.

0B9AB56F-B733-47C5-9C15-0A3F8E91D8FB.jpeg
DAAEACE2-E111-47E7-A495-21116BD56FC0.jpeg
E441D237-0260-4850-A705-DE13BC72E971.jpeg

To tell the truth we are in a desperate situation. Even helpless.

Ok, Vietnam possesses with s300 a certain degree of air defense capability against ballistic missile attack. Acquiring s400 is under discussion. Any s400 unit with the long range powerful radar system is said can track up to 300 (s300 only 100) enemy incoming ballistic missiles simultaneously and can destroy many of them by missile interceptors. The key problem remains: the Chinese with their unlimited resources can overwhelm any Vietnam air defense by over saturation attack.

Nevertheless I think we will go for s400 soon. Vietnam is well known to fight until the bitter end.

View attachment 470860 View attachment 470861 View attachment 470862

For time being need to have much deterrence as you can...and broaden and develop alliances with more countries that have issues with China too....that will add to this deterrence over time too.

It is always something to balance how much you commit to security (immediate) vs economy (given the latter is what will help long term even more), definitely not easy and can never really know it its perfect amount of hedging etc... but have to try the best you can with what you got.

There are different level of EMP protection, and most government building was build with a giant faraday cage within its structure.

I don't know if you have ever heard of a term called SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities). SCIF have absolute 0 EM Emission, and they are protected against all sort of EMP attack, I cannot tell you in what degree however, as they are highly confidential, I can tell you this tho, each desk inside a SCIF have its own distant prescribed to it and you cannot move the table and chair otherwise you will destroy the whole SCIF integrity on EM Control

There are a lot can be done with EMP actually, it's not as mighty as most people make it out to be, of course it will be to an un-shield building.

There are different level of EMP protection, and most government building was build with a giant faraday cage within its structure.

I don't know if you have ever heard of a term called SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities). SCIF have absolute 0 EM Emission, and they are protected against all sort of EMP attack, I cannot tell you in what degree however, as they are highly confidential, I can tell you this tho, each desk inside a SCIF have its own distant prescribed to it and you cannot move the table and chair otherwise you will destroy the whole SCIF integrity on EM Control

There are a lot can be done with EMP actually, it's not as mighty as most people make it out to be, of course it will be to an un-shield building.

Yup, there is much in the US military and other developed militaries for sure given they have the highest data (from RnD) and also highest responsibility/mandate for this scenario.

Carlosa has retired from PDF, I prefer to spend my limited time in Twitter, a much better platform for me where I can deal directly with many of the people involved in these subjects. I'll check in here from time to time.

Are you in twitter?

Totally agreed. I'll tweet you on twitter. I also prefer twitter over PDF. This site has gone to sh1t thanks to the Chinese infestation and the Pakis are loving it.

Back
Top Bottom