What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Or maybe you should read new book. The myth that 125mm are better than the Nato 120mm comes from an old article in the 80s: https://books.google.ca/books?id=Dj9VAAAAYAAJ
Instead of posting a link to a book that nobody knows you should cite technical specs comparing the cannons. Aka effective firing range. Otherwise people would begin to question your knowledge on military matters.

You don't want to embarrass your family members rich with military tradition, do you?

Instead of posting a link to a book that nobody knows you should cite technical specs comparing the cannons. Aka effective firing range. Otherwise people would begin to question your knowledge on military matters.
Did you even read the link I just show you earlier about Russian APFSDS?

Did you even read the link I just show you earlier about Russian APFSDS?
You are wasting other people's time.

Yes I fast read the article they are talking about 125 mm rounds with some were developed in the 1960. Why don't you post specs of the tank and their rounds from present day instead of citing a book in 1980 and tank shell in 1960?

What next? You bring up an article written by an unknown soldier in 1945?

You are wasting other people's time.

Yes I fast read the article they are talking about 125 mm rounds with some were developed in the 1960. Why don't you post specs of the tank and their rounds from present day instead of citing a book in 1980 and tank shell in 1960?
Now you are asking me to waste my time. You're in a military forum go to the armored warfare section & post a new thread about it.

Also its more likely that Vietnam will have the Russian "Mango" round. Go to site & see the performance of the round & compared it with the MPAT round.

Now you are asking me to waste my time. You're in a military forum go to the armored warfare section & post a new thread about it.

Also its more likely that Vietnam will have the Russian "Mango" round. Go to site & see the performance of the round & compared it with the MPAT round.
You are a funny little boy. Instead of posting technical specs to prove your point, first you shout out loud I shall shut up and now second ask me to open a thread in another section, then I should read this and that. Last, you assume VN will get mango.

Why mango why not apple?

You are a funny little boy. Instead of posting technical specs to prove your point, first you shout out loud I shall shut up and now second ask me to open a thread in another section, then I should read this and that. Last, you assume VN will get mango.

Why mango why not apple?
If you don't know how to read/compare spec just say so. "Mango" is not a fruit. Its a code name for the Russian 3BM42 round. Vietnam will most likely have this round because its what the indian have. http://*********************/forum/threads/3bm42-mango-license-production.78729/

Note: That the Russian no longer use the "Mango" for frontline service & mainly use the more modern "Svinets" & "Lekalo."

Last edited:
If you don't know how to read/compare spec just say so. "Mango" is not a fruit. Its a code name for the Russian 3BM42 round. Vietnam will most likely have this round because its what the indian have. http://*********************/forum/threads/3bm42-mango-license-production.78729/

Note: That the Russian no longer use the "Mango" for frontline service & mainly use the more modern "Svinets" & "Lekalo."
Mango is a fruit no matter you deny it

You're off topic.

Something new: Vietnam made 3D surveillance ground radar

IMG_3775.JPG

Obviously a clone of Saber M60 (Brazil)

IMG_3776.JPG
IMG_3777.JPG

Why mango why not apple?

He's right Viet. He actually right for the first time in his life and he's trying to string it out for as long as possible. He wants to bathe in being right for once for as long as possible.

The increase to 125mm is to compensate for inferior metallurgy.

KE=1/2mv^2 this equation kinetic energy equation says the 120mm is better due to velocity.

He's right Viet. He actually right for the first time in his life and he's trying to string it out for as long as possible. He wants to bathe in being right for once for as long as possible.

KE=1/2mv^2 this equation kinetic energy equation says the 120mm is better due to velocity.
Says the guy that think he can single handedly take the entire indonesian army with a spoon.

But finally someone with sense in the vietnamese side.

Says the guy that think he can single handedly take the entire indonesian army with a spoon.

But finally someone with sense in the vietnamese side.

I can, in fact, conquer indonesia with a spoon in shorts and flip flops. indonesian weak sauce military is just for show and cant do any actual fighting. I dont even understand what indonesians are doing in a military forum.

Althought I must admit, I would have to put on boots and trousers for china.

Last edited:

The 125mm far reaching canon of T90 can destroy both Abraham and Leopard before they can come close to fire their shells. Worse, the 120mm cannon can hardly defeat T90 armor hence the Germans now develop a new generation tank with 130mm cannon.

IMG_3778.JPG

The 125mm far reaching canon of T90 can destroy both Abraham and Leopard before they can come close to fire their shells. Worse, the 120mm cannon can hardly defeat T90 armor hence the Germans now develop a new generation tank with 130mm cannon.

View attachment 429691

I imagine the new 130mm is preparation for the T-14 that will be equipped with the 145mm.

View attachment 429691
At this point you are just trolling now. American 120mm would pierce any armored vehicle in existence thanks to its DU round & so does Leopard with its more modern DM53-63 round. T-90 having a better armor is debatable because its considered by the west to be a medium tank. Only the front side has armor, the sides & the back are completely vulnerable.

Just look at where the autoloader is located.
720px-T72_crew.svg.png

Why do you think the Russian decided to go with the Armata if the T-90 was so perfect?
I imagine the new 130mm is preparation for the T-14 that will be equipped with the 145mm.
Having a bigger turret means longer traversing time. The germans already have such experience with such calibre. I wonder how the russian manage to solve the low rotating speed problem.

Back
Top Bottom