What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Bro no need to say such thing. Trade and investment with China have started from zero, haven't they? now reached a considerable level but far below what should be. As for weapons how many pieces of weapons have we received from our Chinese brothers and sisters. Correct. Zero.

Thank. I always try to ignore Indian comments as much as possible.
Author of the Forbes article is not Indian. Like I said if you got something to specific to say about the actual content and points raised, I am all ears.

=============

As for your trade figures, I suggest you update a bit on them:

https://comtrade.un.org/data/

2015:

Vietnam - Cambodia trade = 3.4 billion USD

Vietnam - Laos trade = 1 billion USD

Vietnam - India trade = 5 billion USD

2016:

Vietnam - India trade = 9 billion USD

Vietnam - Cambodia trade = 1.6 billion USD

Vietnam - Laos trade = 0.9 billion USD

================

As for investment, its only going to really increase from India once we are double the economic size we are now. Our equity on economic basis needs much more careful management compared to massively surplus countries. But there is much cooperation we can offer in many other fronts in the time being. Trade and investment are definitely important to a relationship, but there is much more to it than that.

Where did you find that Vietnam - India trade = 9 billions in 2016, while there are articles on Vietnam media saying that trade is going to reach $7.4 billions in 2017.

http://laodong.com.vn/thi-truong/th...du-kien-dat-74-ti-usd-vao-cuoi-nam-671937.bld

And Vietnam - Cambodia trade in 2016 reached $3 billions, not 1.6 billions

https://www.baomoi.com/viet-nam-campuchia-phan-dau-kim-ngach-thuong-mai-dat-5-ty-usd/c/21774693.epi

That made all your remaining data and your argument baseless, as usual as any argument with an Indian.

Early this year, Indian bragged about India GDP surpassed the UK based on some vague data source. I said congratulation to them, but added that wait and see until there is concrete evidence. It turned out that India had not surpassed UK at all.

Last edited:
Fed up with the bragging nature of Indian for last 8 years on this forum.
Weapons Vietnam bought from India: zero
Investment from India: almost zero.
Trade between the two countries: increasing, but still smaller than trade between Vietnam with Laos+Cambodia.
Agreed.
After 2 years on this forum, I get very negative view of India and Indians(from India)

Vietnam needs India. Bilateral trade between Vietnam and India will increase, no one can change that.

Thank. I always try to ignore Indian comments as much as possible.

Where did you find that Vietnam - India trade = 9 billions in 2016, while there are articles on Vietnam media saying that trade is going to reach $7.4 billions in 2017.

http://laodong.com.vn/thi-truong/th...du-kien-dat-74-ti-usd-vao-cuoi-nam-671937.bld

https://www.baomoi.com/viet-nam-campuchia-phan-dau-kim-ngach-thuong-mai-dat-5-ty-usd/c/21774693.epi

That made all your remaining data and your argument baseless, as usual as any argument with an Indian.

Early this year, Indian bragged about India GDP surpassed the UK based on some vague data source. I said congratulation to them, but added that wait and see until there is concrete evidence. It turned out that India had not surpassed UK at all.
Something called realpolitik. Indian navy guards the Indian Ocean. Indian army can help Vietnam to ease Chinese military pressure on the western flank. Increasing access to India consumer market will fuel our factories. To name a few. Sometimes it is good to keep it in mind. India is surely a country of extremes, however personal empathy or antiempathy isn't a good adviser.

Other news. Many speculate what 6 offshore patrol ships the Dutch want to deliver. From the industrial logic, the best guess is Damen OPV-2600. built by Damen Vietnam shipyard, 2,600 tons, 98 meter long, 26 knots.

IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2546.JPG

Or this one: long range multirole patrol and support vessel

IMG_2549.JPG

Vietnam needs India. Bilateral trade between Vietnam and India will increase, no one can change that.

Vietnam need India or India need Vietnam? With the nature of Indian people, who are always delusional (as observed in other India culture-influenced people as well), India army will be defeated within a couple of month if China ever attack them. Self-hatred and bragging are popular in all India English media sources. Even Indian do not trust themselves.

Just take a look at 1962 war. At that times, India was strong and relatively rich (at least superficially) and China was weak and very poor because of the cultural revolution, and it was India who attacked first (because they thought they were brown-sahib and superior than China), but China still defeated them easily.

The war need pragmatic people. India need Vietnam's army experience, skill and training, not vice-versa.

I agree that bilateral trade will increase, as the trade between Vietnam with almost all other countries in the world will, in a foreseeable future. However, trade with India will be forever insignificant.

Last edited:
Vietnam need India or India need Vietnam? With the nature of Indian people, who are always delusional (as observed in other India culture-influenced people as well), India army will be defeated within a couple of month if China ever attack them. Self-hatred and bragging are popular in all India English media sources. Even Indian do not trust themselves.

Just take a look at 1962 war. At that times, India was strong and relatively rich (at least superficially) and China was weak and very poor because of the cultural revolution, and it was India who attacked first (because they thought they were brown-sahib and superior than China), but China still defeated them easily.

The war need pragmatic people. India need Vietnam's army experience, skill and training, not vice-versa.

I agree that bilateral trade will increase, as the trade between Vietnam with almost all other countries in the world will, in a foreseeable future. However, trade with India will be forever insignificant.
Nations tend to cooperate if interests are allied. Need is a big word. If anything there are three elements we need to sustain human life: O2, H2O and HxCx.

It's a long way, Vietnam own space program but now coming a bit closer with the support from the United States. Honeywell space academy and US rocket center in Alabama.

IMG_2550.JPG

Something called realpolitik. Indian navy guards the Indian Ocean. Indian army can help Vietnam to ease Chinese military pressure on the western flank. Increasing access to India consumer market will fuel our factories. To name a few. Sometimes it is good to keep it in mind. India is surely a country of extremes, however personal empathy or antiempathy isn't a good adviser.

Other news. Many speculate what 6 offshore patrol ships the Dutch want to deliver. From the industrial logic, the best guess is Damen OPV-2600. built by Damen Vietnam shipyard, 2,600 tons, 98 meter long, 26 knots.

View attachment 410821
View attachment 410822
View attachment 410819
View attachment 410820

Or this one: long range multirole patrol and support vessel

View attachment 410824

Or it could be the DN-4000.

Like I said, check at comtrade:

JNl6CDw.jpg

Sorry I prefer comtrade (UN) official figures to whatever website that is. It standardises the figures through proper international categorisation...so little variable CA spillover happens.

Whatever you say ..."baomai.com" vs comtrade. I let the thread viewers decide for themselves. You can use the authoritarian style declaration on your side as much as you want.

Some vague data source? It was from foreignpolicy economic projection reported by the UK media as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-planning-send-130-million-aid-end-2018.html

All GDP (nominal) measurement in the end is an estimate. Thus when outranking a country is achieved in one or two estimates, there wont necessarily be across the board till maybe a year or more is given past that.

This is also not even bringing in the utility of nominal measurement versus PPP where India exceeded UK long time back and almost double that of Japan even now.

Hehe, good jokes (more like lieing through your teeth though). Thankfully most Vietnamese don't think like you (if you even a Viet in first place with all the false flaggers in this forum)....they remember what China did in 1979, strangely you wont talk about that for obvious reasons it seems.

Sis mado you are right. I agree. that makes little sense to keep secret of everything, least the tanks. Such giant monster can't be hidden before satellites. Though I question why you need destroyers and submarines considering Indonesia defense paper sees a war in the SCS impossible, the likelyhood of a asteroid falling on earth killing all of us is higher and main threat to your country is Vietnamese illegal fishermen, Chinese turtle poachers, poor immigrants, Islamist terrorists and other unwanted individuals. Don't you think destroyer is overkill?

Javanese philosophy, always be polite and speak softly for everyone before you and carrying Keris (our traditional dagger) on your back for your last defense or stab your enemies from behind

Like I said, check at comtrade:

JNl6CDw.jpg

Sorry I prefer comtrade (UN) official figures to whatever website that is. It standardises the figures through proper international categorisation...so little variable CA spillover happens.

Whatever you say ..."baomai.com" vs comtrade. I let the thread viewers decide for themselves. You can use the authoritarian style declaration on your side as much as you want.

Some vague data source? It was from foreignpolicy economic projection reported by the UK media as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-planning-send-130-million-aid-end-2018.html

All GDP (nominal) measurement in the end is an estimate. Thus when outranking a country is achieved in one or two estimates, there wont necessarily be across the board till maybe a year or more is given past that.

This is also not even bringing in the utility of nominal measurement versus PPP where India exceeded UK long time back and almost double that of Japan even now.

Hehe, good jokes (more like lieing through your teeth though). Thankfully most Vietnamese don't think like you (if you even a Viet in first place with all the false flaggers in this forum)....they remember what China did in 1979, strangely you wont talk about that for obvious reasons it seems.

We all know about the quality of data from "free" western media and Indian media about anything related to India and "democracy vs. authoritarian regimes", so I will not bother to check your sources. I will stick with my own country data.

Second, I have been on this forum for 8 years, so I will not bother to discuss with you about whether I am Vietnamese or false flagger. For your information, both Viet and Carlosa are not Vietnamese, as they claim.

We all know about the quality of data from "free" western media and Indian media about anything related to India and "democracy vs. authoritarian regimes", so I will not bother to check your sources. I will stick with my own country data.

Second, I have been on this forum for 8 years, so I will not bother to discuss with you about whether I am Vietnamese or false flagger. For your information, both Viet and Carlosa are not Vietnamese, as they claim.

So UN trade figures website is a "western media" too? (do you understand where they get their trade numbers from?)

And yes you branding all Indians as "bragging" and thus attacking my own credibility because of your personal perception is extremely authoritarian thing to do....you effectively just rule out any debate or discussion....and only hold yours to be absolute valid one.

I know Carlosa is a spanish guy living in Vietnam (and his flags reflect that)...and Viet is a Vietnamese origin guy in Germany....again reflected in his flags.

Question is again why should we believe in you in some absolute way to be Vietnamese? Can you prove it more than say Viet can? You certainly do not hold much of the common views most Vietnamese here and I have met in real life hold about various issues....but I accept that possibility can exist (hence I did qualify with an "if"...and not anything absolute like you are engaging in with describing my nationality attributes and such).

So UN trade figures website is a "western media" too? (do you understand where they get their trade numbers from?)

And yes you branding all Indians as "bragging" and thus attacking my own credibility because of your personal perception is extremely authoritarian thing to do....you effectively just rule out any debate or discussion....and only hold yours to be absolute valid one.

I know Carlosa is a spanish guy living in Vietnam (and his flags reflect that)...and Viet is a Vietnamese origin guy in Germany....again reflected in his flags.

Question is again why should we believe in you in some absolute way to be Vietnamese? Can you prove it more than say Viet can? You certainly do not hold much of the common views most Vietnamese here and I have met in real life hold about various issues....but I accept that possibility can exist (hence I did qualify with an "if"...and not anything absolute like you are engaging in with describing my nationality attributes and such).

As I understand he is a Viet of chinese origin and his thinking is pretty much chinese, so figure that you are talking to a chinese, in which case, everything he says is "normal" and expected. He is also known for racial hate against westerners and Indians and for advocating for the "superior chinese / confucian race".

Since some people here are giving their opinion about Indian people, I may as well do it too and always coming from the perspective that every country has the good, the bad and everything in between, I can say that I very much like India, Indian culture and Indian people, I had a good time when I visited India and met some really nice people.

Or it could be the DN-4000.
That is very possible but I think we will build 2,600 ton vessels before continue with 4,000 tons. Industrial logic. The leap is too big between 2,400 vessels we can build right now and 4,000 plus tonnage we want to assemble. Maybe in 3 years we are ready. Don't need to take my personal opinion too serious though.

Yes in reality I am Dark Vader wanting to enslave the human race after conquering this forum, the western media is not free but being controlled by evil Jews.

That is very possible but I think we will build 2,600 ton vessels before continue with 4,000 tons. Industrial logic. The leap is too big between 2,400 vessels we can build right now and 4,000 plus tonnage we want to assemble. Maybe in 3 years we are ready. Don't need to take my personal opinion too serious though.

AViet said: ↑

Yes in reality I am Dark Vader wanting to enslave the human race after conquering this forum, the western media is not free but being controlled by evil Jews..

I claimed to be Vietnamese? That's new to me, maybe he can show when I said that.

Back
Top Bottom