What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

China got more than 200 billion US dollar for their military annualy, 1/10 is at least 20 billion US dollar meanwhile how much annual budget of Vietnam gov. budget? is around 32,5 billion US dollar, it's sound hillarious or near suicide if you want to get 20 billion US dollar for military alone

China got more than 200 billion US dollar for their military annualy, 1/10 is at least 20 billion US dollar meanwhile how much annual budget of Vietnam gov. budget? is around 32,5 billion US dollar, it's sound hillarious or near suicide if you want to get 20 billion US dollar for military alone
impossible now, hence I said our army is underfunded given the security threat we face.

Who said such insane thing? :what::what:

I appreciate the assistance from Vietnam in our liberation war. Fully. But could you pls show the same respect to our soldiers that sacrificed in Vietnam during the wars against France and US?? These soldiers should NEVER be blamed for anything happened after their death.

thanks.

North VN govt had honored all Chinese logistic soldiers who had built the roads to Vietnam in 1969, not only for whom who had lost their life in road construction works in Vietnam. There was included Chinese PLA officier, his name is Ming Xiangwen , after his duty was finished in Vietnam and turned back to China.

This is medal certificate for comrade Ming Xiangwen.
manh xuong.jpg

10 year later, in Sino-Vietnam war 1979, comrade Ming Xiangwen invaded in to Vietnam as leader òf Chinese invasion PLA troop, who had destoyed villages and cities in north border area of Vietnam.

Comrade Ming Xiangwen is again in Vietnam.
manh xuong van.jpeg

North VN govt had honored all Chinese logistic soldiers who had built the roads to Vietnam in 1969, not only for whom who had lost their life in road construction works in Vietnam. There was included Chinese PLA officier, his name is Ming Xiangwen , after his duty was finished in Vietnam and turned back to China.

This is medal certificate for comrade Ming Xiangwen.

10 year later, in Sino-Vietnam war 1979, comrade Ming Xiangwen invaded in to Vietnam as leader òf Chinese invasion PLA troop, who had destoyed villages and cities in north border area of Vietnam.

Comrade Ming Xiangwen is again in Vietnam.

Thanks for sharing this information with me.

But what is it to do with my original post? I only made two points:
1. I respect the VN soldiers sacrificed for the VN war;
2. Many Chinese soldiers were sacrificed for this war as well.

Anything wrong/inappropriate for these two points?
VN.jpg

I know it is very hard for us to reach alignment on history. And I feel tired of it. The last thing I want to say for this history argument is: The Chinese soldiers that sacrificed for the Vietnam war should NEVER be blamed for anything happened AFTER their death.

I believe this is a fair comment.

Enjoy the Friday and the weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sharing the two pictures with me. And I'm very happy to see the facility is maintained well. Thanks!

I find your language is a bit similar to Chinese. Although I know nothing about Vietnam language, but I guess Trung Quoc refers to Zhong Guo/China/中国, and Liet Sy refers to Lie Shi/Martyr/烈士? Am I right? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this information with me.

But what is it to do with my original post? I only made two points:
1. I respect the VN soldiers sacrificed for the VN war;
2. Many Chinese soldiers were sacrificed for this war as well.

Anything wrong/inappropriate for these two points?
View attachment 355553

I know it is very hard for us to reach alignment on history. And I feel tired of it. The last thing I want to say for this history argument is: The Chinese soldiers that sacrificed for the Vietnam war should NEVER be blamed for anything happened AFTER their death.

I believe this is a fair comment.

Enjoy the Friday and the weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sharing the two pictures with me. And I'm very happy to see the facility is maintained well. Thanks!

I find your language is a bit similar to Chinese. Although I know nothing about Vietnam language, but I guess Trung Quoc refers to Zhong Guo/China/中国, and Liet Sy refers to Lie Shi/Martyr/烈士? Am I right? Thanks in advance.
yes, you are right, In Vietnamese we call it as " Hán Việt" words, " Chinese-Vietnamese" words. Nghĩa trang liệt sỹ người Trung Quốc( yi chang lie shi zhong guo ren ). It is the reason why did vietnamese learn Chinese better than english. When im a child, i even understand some words in Chinese film although i dont know any Chinese language.

yes, you are right, In Vietnamese we call it as " Hán Việt" words, " Chinese-Vietnamese" words. Nghĩa trang liệt sỹ người Trung Quốc( yi chang lie shi zhong guo ren ). It is the reason why did vietnamese learn chinese better than english. When im a child, i even understand some words in chinese film although i dont know any chinese language.
thanks for the response! very happy to know that we share so many commonalities between us. Great!

happy friday and have a nice weekend!

thanks for the response! very happy to know that we share so many commonalities between us. Great!

Good luck to you and your family too, I always love to read your comments ,I know you want to avoid the quarrel with our companion, The life is short and doesn't need to make nonsense things. Vietnamese and Chinese has complicated relation, it makes me remember to two countries in Chinese history. Zhao and Qin, Zhao people hates Qin people so much after Changping battle. Now all of them calls themselves as Chinese .

your countryman viet
how about a quiz:

the US as we know it provides protection to its military allies in Asia: Japan, South Korea and Philippines. what do you think how much worth in dollar terms is the US protection? or one can ask, how much will the military budgets of afromentioned countries have to raise to compensate the losses if Donald Trump withdraws the US armies out of Asia?

Yup, I agree. Don't blame the martyrs, blame the ones that exploited their deaths instead.

Same cultural root, similar evolution path, along with some cultural sharing thingy in the past. It's easy to understand :D

your countryman viet
Lol, I'd be insanely happy if we got somewhere around 4-5 billion.

Person

Donald Trump, soon to be the commander in chief of the most powerful army the world has ever seen. but when he was young, nobody can´t blame he was not clever. he successfully managed avoided to be sent as soldier to Vietnam. not only one time, but five times. one of the reasons: one of his feet hurt him, although he continued playing sport, and later did not remember what foot hurt him :D

donald-trump-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Tribute to one of the most impressive persons of the last century. Fidel Castro dies, aged 90. 10 days before he passed away, Vietnam president and his spouse paid a courtesy visit, presententing a picture when he was young revolution eader. Fidel Castro once offered to send cuban soldiers to fight on North Vietnamese side. he also was the one, that brought the world to the brink of nuclear war during the Cuban crisis.

JS113868885_EFE-Fidel-CastroVietnam-large_trans++pfdAlaR4Ea_iSpZSotji0F9OQNnohkwQC5B1sVfwg1Q.jpg

Good luck to you and your family too, I always love to read your comments ,I know you want to avoid the quarrel with our companion, The life is short and doesn't need to make nonsense things. Vietnamese and Chinese has complicated relation, it makes me remember to two countries in Chinese history. Zhao and Qin, Zhao people hates Qin people so much after Changping battle. Now all of them calls themselves as Chinese .
So happy to hear that I now have a Vietnam fan! Super!!

Yes, I hate to spend time on meaningless quarrel. I believe we all come to PDF for knowledge and fresh information, not for endless quarrel.

Your familarity of the Chinese history makes me surprised. You even mentioned the Changping battle in ~2,000years ago. Even some young Chinese don't know where is Changping and what is Changping battle!!

how about a quiz:

the US as we know it provides protection to its military allies in Asia: Japan, South Korea and Philippines. what do you think how much worth in dollar terms is the US protection? or one can ask, how much will the military budgets of afromentioned countries have to raise to compensate the losses if Donald Trump withdraws the US armies out of Asia?
since you ask for a quiz, then lets do a quiz.

Vietnam's military spending today is about 2% of China's spending on military. So if you want to achieve 10% of China, your military spending needs to boost to 5x of the size today. Assume the military spending vs. GDP ratio remains unchanged, that means your GDP needs to increaase to 5x of the size today. Now lets assume a 7% GDP growth rate for Vietnam, 1.07^24 = 5.07, i.e. Vietnam needs 24 years to make its military spending equivalent to 10% of China's spending TODAY.

China is also growing during the same period. Assume a 5% GDP growth rate of China, and China's military spending vs. GDP ratio also remains unchanged. 1.05^24 = 3.23. I.e. China's military spending at that time will be 3x of its amount today! That means, after 24 years of rapid economy development, Vietnam successfully grows its military spending from 2% of China in 2015 to 3% of China in 2039. Congratulations!

BTW, you can argue Vietnam has the potential to enhance its military spending rate. Vietnam today spends 2.3% of the GDP on military, looks like plenty of room for further enhancement. Yes, that's a possible choice. But when you consider this option, pls don't forget China only spends 1.9% of its GDP on military.

Back
Top Bottom