What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

bingo. yes it is the global Network Control Centre of Viettel. some other developments

VLS for Missiles, not much info about how far we have gone :D
viet_nam_san_xuat_ten_lua.jpg

or in service: system CGBVVTQG for the Airforce, coordinating the deployment of country aircraft.
image001.jpg
the first one if fuel stick for manpad (igla-s) :D:D:D

Vietnamese aircraft goes missing while searching for lost pilot and fighter jet

JUNE 16, 2016 BY VIETNAMBREAKINGNEWS

A Vietnamese coastguard plane, which was searching for a missing fighter jet and its pilot, disappeared off the radar on Thursday, local media and a military official said, the second such setback in three days.

The CASA C212 plane carrying nine people went missing off the northern town of Hai Phong about noon local time, local media reported, citing military and provincial sources.

The coastguard plane was joining thousands of people looking for a pilot who went missing with a Sukhoi SU-30 MK2 fighter jet on Tuesday along the central part of the country coastline.
A military official working on the rescue confirmed the plane was missing and the numbers on board but requested anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media.

He said the CASA plane was descending in order to approach objects the crew believed were the search targets.
A senior military official in charge of the search did not answer his phone when contacted by Reuters. A coast guard official in charge of media said he had no official information to confirm the news.

One of the two pilots flying the Sukhoi jet was rescued from the sea on Wednesday. Coastguards, border guards, navy, air force and fishermen have been searching for the aircraft and the second pilot for two and a half days.

Vietnam has suffered a series of mishaps in the past two years with ageing helicopters.
The country is recalibrating its defence strategy and overseeing its biggest military buildup in four decades, including buying more fighter jets and enlisting Japanese and U.S. help to strengthen Vietnam’s coastguard through training, loans and aid for vessels.

Vietnam only have 3 units C212-400. And they get them on 2011-2012. Thus the one missing is considered a new plane. Get that?
off course, I thought you doubt about its name
both off su-30 and casa are new, we just recived that Sukhoi jet in 2015

Last edited:
I believe there are days the Airforce wants to forget. first a Su-30 jet crashed into the sea, and now a C212 patrol aircraft that was searching for the Su-30. with 9 crew on board. the army says the debris of the C212 was found. three CASA C212-400MPA coded 8981, 8982 and 8983 were purchased. top speed of 360km/h, range of 1,800km, with duties reconnaissance, and detecting warships, submarine and other ships. the lost plane was 8983.

C_2_ZZNZ.jpg

I believe there are days the Airforce wants to forget. first a Su-30 jet crashed into the sea, and now a C212 patrol aircraft that was searching for the Su-30. with 9 crew on board. the army says the debris of the C212 was found. three CASA C212-400MPA coded 8981, 8982 and 8983 were purchased. top speed of 360km/h, range of 1,800km, with duties reconnaissance, and detecting warships, submarine and other ships. the lost plane was 8983.

C_2_ZZNZ.jpg

Amazing bad luck. RIP to the C-212 crew and the SU-30 pilot.

Meet the girl, who drives the Cadillac One during the State visit of Barack Obama to Vietnam: a 26-year old Natalie Tyson. the armored limousine is reportedly said capable to withstand rapid fire of small calibre rifles, RPGs and gas attacks.

26MOTORCADE2-master675.jpg

image-1463985923-hinh%204.jpg

image-1463985922-hinh%201.jpg

image-1463985922-hinh%202.jpg

image-1463985923-hinh%203.jpg

image-1463796029-cua-kinh-chong-dan.jpg

http://finance.ifeng.com/a/20160617/14499937_0.shtml

应越南国防部请求,中国海军于17日派出四艘舰艇前往北部湾海域,协助搜救失事的越南一架空军飞机和一架海警飞机,以及机组人员。目前相关搜救工作正在进行中。

背景资料:

据路透社14日报道,越南一架俄罗斯制苏-30战机当天上午在南海上空失踪。战机从越南清化省寿春机场起飞进行海上训练,在义安省上空和雷达失去联络。战机上有两名富有经验的飞行员。越南军方称,已组织各方力量寻找,失踪原因尚不清楚。

据越通社报道,6月15日早上5时许,河静省一艘渔船已发现并成功营救苏-30战机上的阮友强少校。6月16日12时30分,越南人民军防空-空军军种旗下918团CaSa-212飞机(编号为8983)在越南海防市白龙尾海域搜寻6月14日失踪的苏-30MK2歼击机飞行员陈光凯上校时失踪,机上载有9人。CaSa-212飞机失踪后,越南国防部已立即开展搜寻行动。目前,海警力量和各救援力量已找到CaSa-212飞机的一些残片和物品。
应越南要求,中国派出4艘军舰搜救越失事飞机|搜救|中国军队_凤凰财

To summarize, China sent four naval warships to assist Vietnam's search and rescue efforts for the Su-30 and CaSa-212 pilots and crew.

Did you see how thick the doors are? Quite a bit of armor there.
from the picture, I assume it is about 20 cm thick, best of carbon and titan. but I read the car is very heavy (5-8 tons), so my Toyota has more chance in winning a race against the Cadillac despite it has a 1,000 PS engine, top speed 150 kmh :D

C_2_ZZNZ.jpg

The C-212 went down in bad weather and low visibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom